Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387408 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3795 on: March 06, 2015, 11:50:59 AM »
Oh, it was a girl who bought me the hot chocolate. Gosh I don't know what I'd do if a guy bought me a hot chocolate...considering I don't know any guys... O__o

Oh. I thought you were talking about a guy since you mentioned right after that you're not good at talking with guys. Sorry, my bad cx

I for one have been bought coffee by a guy (twice), and tbh it was no different than if it had been a girl. Then again, that might have been because he was telling me about his crush on this other girl in our class. So no room for awkward "wait, does he like me?" thoughts there ;3 (not that I'd have noticed anyway, since I am apparently completely oblivious to how people feel about me :I)

OH! By the way, I got some super awesome news today! My chemistry teacher decided that since we have so many tests coming up next week he'll postpone the chemistry test until the week after. I am so relieved, oh my gosh

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3796 on: March 06, 2015, 11:58:18 AM »
Friendship always wins!
That sounds like a very good day.  Don't you just love it when things work out?  Also... I kinda like that song... .__.

I... kinda do too... But I can see how Australians wouldn't like it.

OH! By the way, I got some super awesome news today! My chemistry teacher decided that since we have so many tests coming up next week he'll postpone the chemistry test until the week after. I am so relieved, oh my gosh

Yayyy! Less stressful now?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3797 on: March 06, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »
I for one have been bought coffee by a guy (twice)
Oh come on, are even high schoolers drinking coffee in this country now while I still can't stand the stuff no matter how much I try getting accustomed to it?

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3798 on: March 06, 2015, 01:00:03 PM »
Yayyy! Less stressful now?

Definitely! I hadn't even realized how stressed I was until the test was called off, but now I feel infinitely more relaxed c:

Oh come on, are even high schoolers drinking coffee in this country now while I still can't stand the stuff no matter how much I try getting accustomed to it?

*gasp*

How dare you call yourself Norwegian?

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3799 on: March 06, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »
Definitely! I hadn't even realized how stressed I was until the test was called off, but now I feel infinitely more relaxed c:
In similar news, I feel a lot less horrible because I found out I didn't fail my test from Monday!  The teacher was handing them out and said, "The grades were very good, this time!"  And I was thinking I was going to be one of two or three Fs in the class, but then he said there were no Fs or Ds.  O_O  I got a B.  I don't know how - I don't care how - but I got a B.  \o/
Feel free to PM.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3800 on: March 06, 2015, 01:39:47 PM »
In similar news, I feel a lot less horrible because I found out I didn't fail my test from Monday!  The teacher was handing them out and said, "The grades were very good, this time!"  And I was thinking I was going to be one of two or three Fs in the class, but then he said there were no Fs or Ds.  O_O  I got a B.  I don't know how - I don't care how - but I got a B.  \o/

Wheeeee! Congratulations! :D *celebratory dance*

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3801 on: March 06, 2015, 01:48:55 PM »

Sigrid dear, Fim is quite scary enough already *without* caffeine.  *With* caffeine, she'd probably be like Sigrun at the top of page 268.  I really don't think the world is ready.   :o
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3802 on: March 06, 2015, 02:03:32 PM »
Sigrid dear, Fim is quite scary enough already *without* caffeine.  *With* caffeine, she'd probably be like Sigrun at the top of page 268.  I really don't think the world is ready.   :o

Wow, I'm

...not really sure I want to see that, ever

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3803 on: March 06, 2015, 02:34:45 PM »

Congratulations!  I wonder why you felt so pessimistic before.  The prof wasn't grading on a curve, so clearly he thinks you knew your stuff.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3804 on: March 06, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »
How dare you call yourself Norwegian?
*harpoon through the heart* I.... I'll try harder!

I wonder what would happen if we turn it up to eleven.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3805 on: March 06, 2015, 03:06:11 PM »
Congratulations!  I wonder why you felt so pessimistic before.  The prof wasn't grading on a curve, so clearly he thinks you knew your stuff.
I was pessimistic because the last test had one problem that was worth 40%.  There were two big ones on this one, so I figured they'd be worth about 60% total.  Thankfully, he weighted the problems differently this time.
Feel free to PM.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #3806 on: March 06, 2015, 03:12:45 PM »

Yay for both of you! ;D

So, today I actually did something other than "sit around and do schoolwork" and went to an art museum, which was nice. And then this guy came up to me and started talking about Tonalism, and I mostly managed variations of "oh" and "uh-huh" before he sort-of ended and I ran away hurriedly walked into another gallery.

I should really figure out this "interacting with strangers" thing... :-\

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #3807 on: March 06, 2015, 03:50:34 PM »
I uh... I slept. At least now I'm rested?
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #3808 on: March 06, 2015, 04:03:42 PM »
OH! By the way, I got some super awesome news today!
My chemistry teacher decided that since we have so many tests coming up next week he'll postpone the chemistry test until the week after. I am so relieved, oh my gosh

Thank heavens!  I'm happy for you.  Good luck with your studies and being polite to your dad despite his jerking you around.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3809 on: March 06, 2015, 05:26:42 PM »
Thank heavens!  I'm happy for you.  Good luck with your studies and being polite to your dad despite his jerking you around.

Hehe, thanks :D Tbh I think the studying is going to be the easiest part, but I'll try not to get too annoyed with him (although apparently he has now started planning summer vacation, even though he hasn't talked to me about it at all?)