Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387302 times)

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3690 on: February 26, 2015, 11:07:17 AM »
http://deadline.com/2015/02/ducktales-animated-series-ordered-disney-xd-1201380913/

Disney XD is revisiting Ducktales. The network said today that it has ordered a new animated comedy series based on the Emmy-winning series that aired from 1987-1990 as part of The Disney Afternoon daily syndicated cartoon block. The new series is slated to launch in 2017. Produced by Disney Television Animation, Ducktales will again star Disney’s iconic characters Scrooge McDuck, his grandnephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Donald Duck.

The new series will follow Scrooge McDuck, his curious and mischief-making grandnephews — Huey, Dewey and Louie — and the optimistic yet temperamental Donald Duck as they embark on high-flying adventures worldwide. Other beloved characters slated to be in the new stories are: Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Launchpad McQuack, Flintheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell & Poe, Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys (Burger Beagle, Bouncer Beagle), Mrs. Beakley and Webbigail Vanderquack.

“DuckTales’ has a special place in Disney’s TV animation history, it drew its inspiration from Disney Legend Carl Barks’ comic books and through its storytelling and artistic showmanship, set an enduring standard for animated entertainment that connects with both kids and adults,” said Marc Buhaj, SVP, Programming and General Manager, Disney XD. “Our new series will bring that same energy and adventurous spirit to a new generation.”

Personally this is really odd since i'm not used to having nostalgy for things since i'm still so young and having Disney re-do stuff seems kuje a sure way to destroy any childhood i had left.

Oh well i guess they couldn't screw up the theme and if the theme is in it's all good.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:10:27 AM by FinnishViking »

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #3691 on: February 26, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »
So... I've gone and fallen in love with an illustrator that was linked to in the SSSS addiction thread. This person: https://www.behance.net/gallery/13902887/ALMA-illustration-and-editorial-design
And I really would like to get my hands on a copy of the book she illustrated, Alma, at some point in the near future. Trouble is, it seems to only be available through Hungarian websites, which makes sense because it is a Hungarian book. I looked on Amazon and Ebay hoping that one had gotten over here to the US somehow, but it has not. :/ Would there happen to be anyone out there who reads Hungarian and/or lives in Hungary who might be willing to help me get a copy to the US? I can't even tell if there would be the option to ship to the US through the book website I found it on. It is unlikely...

I should probably just let it go and move on with my life, but there's such a diverse community here on the SSSS Forum that I thought I would ask. Who knows... Maybe I could find a kindred Hungarian book buddy, and we could do a book trade and be friends. :p
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #3692 on: February 26, 2015, 11:23:48 PM »
My little sister found out she has scored the female lead in her school's yearly musical (they are doing "The Music Man") which is awesome! However this means she has to go to practices and rehearsals and fittings and lots of trips to town...(on top of her already crammed schedule of parties and theatre outings) which gets difficult.
Ooooh there's going to be trouble, right here in River City.... O____o hopefully not though.

Also, I just ate the worst pie ever. Cheese and cauliflower. Normally I quite like them, but this one tasted like dirt and the cauliflower was bitter and blargh... Nearly not worth the stumbling walk from the art school e___e <-- I forgot the cafeteria closes an hour early on Fridays, and so had to leave the comfy chair and wifi haven :( but I got food, so it was ok.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:33:02 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
« Reply #3693 on: February 27, 2015, 01:16:02 AM »
Also, I just ate the worst pie ever. Cheese and cauliflower. Normally I quite like them, but this one tasted like dirt and the cauliflower was bitter and blargh...

Cheese and cauliflower... good on it's own, but sounds terribly unappetizing as a pie. :/ I just hate it when I show up after a food place has closed and I didn't realize it. Happened so often when I was at University. Ramen bowls became an essential.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3694 on: February 27, 2015, 03:00:22 AM »
Cheese and cauliflower... good on it's own, but sounds terribly unappetizing as a pie. :/ I just hate it when I show up after a food place has closed and I didn't realize it. Happened so often when I was at University. Ramen bowls became an essential.
I bought my first ramen the other day and boy it was a lifesaver! O_O

Heh, just emerged out of the supermarket with 14 pillows and duvets -____- getting some weeeeeeird looks...
Anyone had a similar experience? ;u;

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3695 on: February 27, 2015, 03:31:07 AM »
Heh, just emerged out of the supermarket with 14 pillows and duvets -____- getting some weeeeeeird looks...
Anyone had a similar experience? ;u;

They just don't realize what it's like for princesses with very delicate skin.  I'm sure you need all those to keep you from being bruised by the pea underneath your camp-bed.   :)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3696 on: February 27, 2015, 03:54:51 AM »
They just don't realize what it's like for princesses with very delicate skin.  I'm sure you need all those to keep you from being bruised by the pea underneath your camp-bed.   :)
Hehehe *curtseys royally*
They're for the fruit pickers that will be staying in the workers house, the old ones were a MESS after the last bunch left, and a few went missing cos they decided to take their pillows and duvets with them on their journey XD Along with most of the mugs, towels and toilet paper.....

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #3697 on: February 27, 2015, 04:31:31 AM »
I bought my first ramen the other day and boy it was a lifesaver! O_O

Do not fall into that trap my friend.  While ramen is delicious, easy, cheap and wonderful (oooh especially the spicy stuff) it is not a substitute for real meals.

(But it is really nice.)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3698 on: February 27, 2015, 05:06:39 AM »
Do not fall into that trap my friend.  While ramen is delicious, easy, cheap and wonderful (oooh especially the spicy stuff) it is not a substitute for real meals.

(But it is really nice.)
NooOOOOOOoooO! The ramen betrayed me?! ;_____;

I am betrayed!!!!!1!!!1

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #3699 on: February 27, 2015, 05:09:45 AM »
Indeed it did.  You just cannot trust these instant noodle types, the whole pack of them are untrustworthy.

(On a side note instant udon is also brilliant.)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3700 on: February 27, 2015, 05:25:09 AM »
Indeed it did.  You just cannot trust these instant noodle types, the whole pack of them are untrustworthy.

Aw I bought it from a new ramen takeaway place, instant sounds a bit...shady XD

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #3701 on: February 27, 2015, 05:33:58 AM »
Ah well thats is probably a (little) bit healthier than instant ramen.  I'm not sure I've ever had real ramen, I used to go to a Japanese restaurant back where I used to live, but the sushi and udon was so nice I never tried the ramen.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #3702 on: February 28, 2015, 05:57:31 AM »
Phew, I managed to read through all the posts I missed in the last 2,5 days... now my eyes hurt. I just got new glasses and haven't really gotten used to them yet. Time to go for a walk with our dog to relax my eyes :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #3703 on: February 28, 2015, 06:44:31 AM »
Seeing as I just shared a story on here, this is my usual (read: every single time) thought process after doing so:

1) Now that was SO fun! How about I share it?
2) Oh gosh... this is horrible. Absolutely horrible. Everyone will hate me forever and ever.
3) Well, but there is worse stuff riiight? And people can't hate me for a story, right?
4) Repeat 2) and 3) several times over.
5) Forgot that I even shared the story. It doesn't really matter - I have a shining new plot idea!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #3704 on: February 28, 2015, 10:47:27 AM »

I agree with that side note most wholeheartedly. Frankly though, all the ramen I've had has been of the instant variety, which is sort of okay depending on the brand/ expensive-ness.

Phew, I managed to read through all the posts I missed in the last 2,5 days... now my eyes hurt. I just got new glasses and haven't really gotten used to them yet. Time to go for a walk with our dog to relax my eyes :)

Heh... *looks at new pair of glasses on desk she should be wearing*

Seeing as I just shared a story on here, this is my usual (read: every single time) thought process after doing so:

1) Now that was SO fun! How about I share it?
2) Oh gosh... this is horrible. Absolutely horrible. Everyone will hate me forever and ever.
3) Well, but there is worse stuff riiight? And people can't hate me for a story, right?
4) Repeat 2) and 3) several times over.
5) Forgot that I even shared the story. It doesn't really matter - I have a shining new plot idea!

I usually just skip straight to step 2. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to post something.

Shining new plot ideas are the best. I have an idea-dump file that I should probably get around to going through someday.