Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387470 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3405 on: February 09, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »
But she's always pretty quick to reply, unless she's hungover... Hmmm -m-
Agh I'm the worst friend ever.

Nuuuu you're nooot! I'm sure everything will be fine between you and your friend.

[random sleepless ramblings]
Meanwhile, our theatre group has been selected to go to a national gathering (there's another theatre group at the school, so we extracted)! There will be lots of shows and lots of acting and lots of people, we get to skip one day of school and go to Milan! We're giving a modern twist to Narcissus and Echo, and our director also decided he wanted to include a character called "Mister Identity", a superhero that protects your identity. So while the story of a voiceless girl and a self-obsessed man goes on, a man in a superhero suit (I mean it, a superhero suit) will enter the scene every now and then... This could be good if played well, methinks.

Oh, and today's excercises were mainly hugging excercises. Grab a person and spin them around, hug and be rejected, hug hug hug, more and more hugs... Oh, and human mirrors! We spent a good 35 minutes doing mirrors, but honestly, I could swear only ten minutes had passed... I could swear it!

[/random sleepless ramblings]
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3406 on: February 09, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »
I've always regretted not getting into theatre when I was younger. It seems like a lot of fun! And I must say I really envy you, because the myth of Narcissus and Echo is one of my favourites~

And hugging exercises... sounds like something I could use right now. Thinking about it, I'm fairly sure I haven't had physical contact with anyone today :I

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3407 on: February 09, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
Nuuuu you're nooot! I'm sure everything will be fine between you and your friend.

[random sleepless ramblings]
Meanwhile, our theatre group has been selected to go to a national gathering (there's another theatre group at the school, so we extracted)! There will be lots of shows and lots of acting and lots of people, we get to skip one day of school and go to Milan! We're giving a modern twist to Narcissus and Echo, and our director also decided he wanted to include a character called "Mister Identity", a superhero that protects your identity. So while the story of a voiceless girl and a self-obsessed man goes on, a man in a superhero suit (I mean it, a superhero suit) will enter the scene every now and then... This could be good if played well, methinks.

Oh, and today's excercises were mainly hugging excercises. Grab a person and spin them around, hug and be rejected, hug hug hug, more and more hugs... Oh, and human mirrors! We spent a good 35 minutes doing mirrors, but honestly, I could swear only ten minutes had passed... I could swear it!

[/random sleepless ramblings]
Ah! That's awesome!!
My little sister is really into theatre too! Hehehe the Mister Identity idea randomly reminded me of the operetta her theatre class made...about a psycho stalker plumber who kidnaps an author lady, and a dyslexic super-hero-obsessed kid with a talking fish. It was one weird operetta. O____O

The hugging exercise sounds great! XD SO MUCH HUGGING.
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #3408 on: February 09, 2015, 07:14:33 PM »
Ah! That's awesome!!
My little sister is really into theatre too! Hehehe the Mister Identity idea randomly reminded me of the operetta her theatre class made...about a psycho stalker plumber who kidnaps an author lady, and a dyslexic super-hero-obsessed kid with a talking fish. It was one weird operetta. O____O

The hugging exercise sounds great! XD SO MUCH HUGGING.
I have so many interests, yet I'm not exactly into "actually doing it".

HUGS EVERYWHERE. 8>
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #3409 on: February 09, 2015, 07:34:59 PM »
Random things that happened today: we saw not a rainbow, but a rainbow-smudge, I wrote a strange, seventeen-sentence short story in German, we went and got some tap shoes, and I decided I no longer have a cold.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #3410 on: February 09, 2015, 07:42:23 PM »
Random things that happened today: we saw not a rainbow, but a rainbow-smudge, I wrote a strange, seventeen-sentence short story in German, we went and got some tap shoes, and I decided I no longer have a cold.
Rainbow smudge? Nah, I think I've seen those before. xD
Tap shoes? I've wanted to learn how to tap dance ever since seeing Donald O' Connor and Gene Kelly tap dance, but heh, money is always the barrier to why I can't do things. (No such thing as an allowance under the roof where I am!)

It's nice to not have the cold. :)
By the way, has anyone you know ever gotten sick with the cold/flu in early September, when the winds come around?

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3411 on: February 09, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »
I have so many interests, yet I'm not exactly into "actually doing it".

HUGS EVERYWHERE. 8>
I feel you buddy.
And then, when you actually buck up and go to try it out, you caaaaaaant and it totally sucks -___- haaah, I used to sign up and audition for theatre and science things but wasn't accepted because "I live too far away" so my sister has gotten into everything by...lying about her address XD and about having had "lessons" for singing and dancing when /she hasn't/ heck, she once told them she had five years of tap dancing under her belt, then spent the next week furiously learning to tap off the internet...and ended up as one of the show's lead dancers. I don't even know... O_____O
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #3412 on: February 09, 2015, 08:31:51 PM »
I feel you buddy.
And then, when you actually buck up and go to try it out, you caaaaaaant and it totally sucks -___- haaah, I used to sign up and audition for theatre and science things but wasn't accepted because "I live too far away" so my sister has gotten into everything by...lying about her address XD and about having had "lessons" for singing and dancing when /she hasn't/ heck, she once told them she had five years of tap dancing under her belt, then spent the next week furiously learning to tap off the internet...and ended up as one of the show's lead dancers. I don't even know... O_____O
That's quite a stunt she pulled! XD
How do you do learn all that within a week, I have no clue. XD

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3413 on: February 09, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »
Ewww, my insomnia has returned >:C

It's 03:15 and I'm wide awake. Hahahaaa, I'm going to be so dead tomorrow cx

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #3414 on: February 09, 2015, 09:36:15 PM »

I have never been awake for that long, but I don't want to try. XD (Since my mom sleeps right next to the space where I use the computer, OTZ)

Well dead as in scolded, or just plain old "I'm extremely tired and don't want to get up" dead? :P

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3415 on: February 09, 2015, 09:44:43 PM »
I have never been awake for that long, but I don't want to try. XD (Since my mom sleeps right next to the space where I use the computer, OTZ)

Well dead as in scolded, or just plain old "I'm extremely tired and don't want to get up" dead? :P

For me it would mean the latter. I end up sleeping past 3 AM far too often, and I don't even know why...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3416 on: February 09, 2015, 09:47:50 PM »

The second one. My mum can't really scold me for not being able to fall asleep (or I guess she could, but that would be very unreasonable)

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #3417 on: February 09, 2015, 09:48:31 PM »

04:48 and I'm wide awake :D

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3418 on: February 09, 2015, 10:00:26 PM »
04:48 and I'm wide awake :D

I would high five you, but I'm so tired I think I'd probably miss

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3419 on: February 09, 2015, 10:35:54 PM »
Too many young people with sleeping disorders around here... 
It's unusual if I can stay up past 2:00 anymore.  12:00 is usually when I start to wind down.
Feel free to PM.