Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387358 times)

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3315 on: February 01, 2015, 06:02:16 AM »
Hail Fimbulvarg! The question now is, which airport does our new ruler want?  I have to go get the keys polished (and the Rash-Beasts chased out) before the presentation ceremony...
Hail Fimbulvarg!
Shouldn't the new airport-rulers cleanse the place themselves? to prove their right to rule over it
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3316 on: February 01, 2015, 06:06:35 AM »
Hail Fimbulvarg!
Shouldn't the new airport-rulers cleanse the place themselves? to prove their right to rule over it
You're welcome to bring me pancake rations while I get this place up to ship-shape and Bristol fashion *twirls machete*. We'll consider it a housewarming gift.

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #3317 on: February 01, 2015, 08:28:16 AM »
Paris aiport Charles de Gaulle. That place is a maze and a death trap.

Agreed - at least for the maze thing, I have no experience of the rest - so far...
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3318 on: February 02, 2015, 06:58:03 AM »
I mowed the lawn today, I wore a hat, and a long sleeved shirt to block out the sun....
...but I didn't wear any sunscreen....

It's just on the back of my neck though. Maybe I should invest in a turtleneck shirt or something....
This is why I only go outside in winter :( it wasn't even that sunny today! *grumble grumble*
But it's not the worst sunburn by a long shot, so it's ok.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:00:02 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

P__

« Reply #3319 on: February 02, 2015, 07:01:29 AM »
I mowed the lawn today, I wore a hat, and a long sleeved shirt to block out the sun....

It's just on the back of my neck though. Maybe I should invest in a turtleneck shirt or something....
Surely you'll make it a black, skin-tight turtleneck with a zipper in the front
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #3320 on: February 02, 2015, 07:02:03 AM »

This is why I only go outside in winter :( it wasn't even that sunny today! *grumble grumble*
But it's not the worst sunburn by a long shot, so it's ok.

AWWWW! *Hugs Owlice* Get better soon, I hate sunburns.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3321 on: February 02, 2015, 07:03:25 AM »

Ooh, ouch, sweetie...!  That hurts just to look at!  I hope you have some aloe gel or something.

Meanwhile.... Wear Sunscreen

"If I could offer you just one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it."

If you don't believe me, how about the musical version of "Wear Sunscreen" by your very own Baz Luhrmann? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3322 on: February 02, 2015, 07:11:00 AM »
Surely you'll make it a black, skin-tight turtleneck with a zipper in the front
Pahahahaha that would cause incidents O_____O nooooo
But maybe....the crew seem pretty stylish in theirs ;)

Ooh, ouch, sweetie...!  That hurts just to look at!  I hope you have some aloe gel or something.

Meanwhile.... Wear Sunscreen

"If I could offer you just one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it."

If you don't believe me, how about the musical version of "Wear Sunscreen" by your very own Baz Luhrmann? 
/>
Heh, yeah. SSSS&S: I did the Slip, Slap, and Seek but not the Slop and Slide ;_______;
http://www.sunsmart.com.au/tools/videos/current-tv-campaigns/slip-slop-slap-seek-slide-sid-seagull.html
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3323 on: February 02, 2015, 11:00:05 AM »
Maybe I should invest in a turtleneck shirt or something....
What you IMHO need is a desert hat.

(Well, and a pipeline to the nearest sunscreen manufacturing plant, but let's start with the easy parts. :P )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3324 on: February 02, 2015, 03:07:36 PM »
I just came home from the most amazing ski trip (is that even what you call it? My dictionary won't provide me with a good translation) ever! After my mother came home from work today, we just decided that "okay, there's snow, for once. Let's go skiing." So we drove to the nearest lighted ski trail. Except it turned out it wasn't lighted. Everybody else there had brought headlights, but me and my mum just walked the track in the dark. And it was so cool!!!

The moon is really bright tonight, so most of the time we didn't even have any trouble seeing where we were going. Anyway, what made the whole thing so awesome was that since we didn't have bright headlights with us, we could see everything around us much more clearly. And I swear it was like in the fairy-tales - the snow almost glowed in the moonlight, and the forest was so dark, there could be anything hiding out there and you would never know. Furthermore, everything was completely quiet except for our own breathing and the creaking of the snow. Except for when we were passed by other skiers, that is. And when we were, and if they had headlights with them, the whole world started sparkling for a split second, and it was just magical.

(Can you tell that I'm feeling poetic today? And also that I like depicting surroundings and atmospheres?)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3325 on: February 02, 2015, 03:17:19 PM »
I just came home from the most amazing ski trip (is that even what you call it? My dictionary won't provide me with a good translation) ever! After my mother came home from work today, we just decided that "okay, there's snow, for once. Let's go skiing." So we drove to the nearest lighted ski trail. Except it turned out it wasn't lighted. Everybody else there had brought headlights, but me and my mum just walked the track in the dark. And it was so cool!!!

The moon is really bright tonight, so most of the time we didn't even have any trouble seeing where we were going. Anyway, what made the whole thing so awesome was that since we didn't have bright headlights with us, we could see everything around us much more clearly. And I swear it was like in the fairy-tales - the snow almost glowed in the moonlight, and the forest was so dark, there could be anything hiding out there and you would never know. Furthermore, everything was completely quiet except for our own breathing and the creaking of the snow. Except for when we were passed by other skiers, that is. And when we were, and if they had headlights with them, the whole world started sparkling for a split second, and it was just magical.

(Can you tell that I'm feeling poetic today? And also that I like depicting surroundings and atmospheres?)
It's just not the same without a powerful aurora borealis painting the sky though (also, enjoy it before it all turns to slush again).

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3326 on: February 02, 2015, 03:26:48 PM »
It's just not the same without a powerful aurora borealis painting the sky though (also, enjoy it before it all turns to slush again).

We don't really have a lot of aurora borealises in Bergen, though :/ (Yes, I plan to. Everyone that lives in Bergen knows that when it's snowing, what you actually get is two days of snow and then three weeks of traitorous slush-covered ice)

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #3327 on: February 02, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »
We don't really have a lot of aurora borealises in Bergen, though :/ (Yes, I plan to. Everyone that lives in Bergen knows that when it's snowing, what you actually get is two days of snow and then three weeks of traitorous slush-covered ice)

This is why i prefer inland more than coast/southern regions. Here the snow stays " snowy" and after a while packs up in a fashion where the ice isn't slippery any more since the snow is dense enough to not move while being stepped on. To me you seemingly get the worst trade off since it is neither cold or warm in these latidudes.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3328 on: February 02, 2015, 11:05:42 PM »
I just came home from the most amazing ski trip (is that even what you call it? My dictionary won't provide me with a good translation) ever!

The moon is really bright tonight, so most of the time we didn't even have any trouble seeing where we were going. Anyway, what made the whole thing so awesome was that since we didn't have bright headlights with us, we could see everything around us much more clearly. And I swear it was like in the fairy-tales - the snow almost glowed in the moonlight, and the forest was so dark, there could be anything hiding out there and you would never know.

Furthermore, everything was completely quiet except for our own breathing and the creaking of the snow. Except for when we were passed by other skiers, that is. And when we were, and if they had headlights with them, the whole world started sparkling for a split second, and it was just magical.

Wow!  You have a real gift for capturing visuals and moods!

It reminds me of when I went off to college in the northeastern U.S., where it snows in the winter (after having lived in warm climates till then).  I was astonished by how beautiful freshly fallen snow is.  And in particular, how *bright* it is at night with snow on the ground.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3329 on: February 02, 2015, 11:21:00 PM »
Wow!  You have a real gift for capturing visuals and moods!

It reminds me of when I went off to college in the northeastern U.S., where it snows in the winter (after having lived in warm climates till then).  I was astonished by how beautiful freshly fallen snow is.  And in particular, how *bright* it is at night with snow on the ground.

I've always loved the look freshly fallen snow! Unfortunately, it seems it doesn't last long in the city. (It turns into sludge) But yeah, I've only recently noticed how bright it is because I keep my blinds up and when it's just snowed and I turn off the light, it's just glowing all golden outside and it's so pretty.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: