Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387640 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3300 on: January 31, 2015, 05:41:08 PM »
At first I thought "heh, same here", then I remembered that the time here is 23:30 and you still have all day to actually do stuff.
Eh, it's 5:40, so I've got... about a full workday, actually.  Huh.
Well, onward to midnight!
Feel free to PM.

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #3301 on: January 31, 2015, 05:48:34 PM »
One good thing about test weeks at school is that the following weekend is the most relaxing thing ever since you don't actually have to worry about school work at all.

Long nights of playing LoL and chatting with friends.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3302 on: January 31, 2015, 05:54:02 PM »
One good thing about test weeks at school is that the following weekend is the most relaxing thing ever since you don't actually have to worry about school work at all.

Long nights of playing LoL and chatting with friends.
Or one could, y'know, go outside and smell actual, fresh air.

I for one feel an immense loss of purpose whenever I've finished an exam unless there is a second one in the immediate future.

Also why are there guests printing out entire threads? Is the CIA on to us?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:04:08 PM by Fimbulvarg »

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #3303 on: January 31, 2015, 06:23:36 PM »
Or one could, y'know, go outside and smell actual, fresh air.

I for one feel an immense loss of purpose whenever I've finished an exam unless there is a second one in the immediate future.

True that, but since the last exam was a maths one which i simply hated from the bottom of my hearth since it was quite a difficult one ( friend who normally gets 10 got a 6 ) im just trying to forget that i even had it. Im just enjoying the fact that once in a while i can lie back and worry about absolutely nothing.

Also it's cold outside. Im not freezing my family jewels off there!

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3304 on: January 31, 2015, 06:30:37 PM »

Hahaha what.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3305 on: January 31, 2015, 06:34:57 PM »
Hahaha what.
While looking at the check activity thingy I've been seeing random guests with statuses like "printing out x thread" all day. Who does that?

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #3306 on: January 31, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »
While looking at the check activity thingy I've been seeing random guests with statuses like "printing out x thread" all day. Who does that?
Clearly russia sees the communion of nordics here as a sign of our secret plan to unify as the new kalmar republic and is seeing it as an treat and trying to gain evidence about it.

Or some people just have strange habbits who knows?

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3307 on: January 31, 2015, 06:53:04 PM »
secret plan to unify as the new kalmar republic

Eh, they needn't worry about that. Some of us have had quite enough of that whole "union" farce thingmajig.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #3308 on: January 31, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »

Well it doesn't look like anything is being printed out right now...
I've learned two things today, there's a check-activity page, and people can print out threads.

In other news, my dad is planning on making fish tacos with mango for superbowl dinner tomorrow and the entire family - except for him, of course - is in complete agreement for once: NO. I don't like very many foods and am usually pretty good at faking that I do, but the last time he made these they were completely inedible.

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #3309 on: January 31, 2015, 07:04:46 PM »
Eh, they needn't worry about that. Some of us have had quite enough of that whole "union" farce thingmajig.

Clearly you haven't been to paradox of topic forums. People there are a weird mix with true anarcists, communists, liberals and consevatives from all around the world discussing things ranging from polandball to the current economic state of Creece with more or less civil posts on the topics.

The discussion about nordic union got to the point of people arguing about what monarch Finland should adopt in case of this happening with that going about for i think at least 4 pages. I think the Scandinavians wanted a scandinavian prince while the finns were in favor of a german one or none at all because "Why on earth do we need one?".

It is quite a strange and a entertaining place everyone should experience. Oh also congratulations on the 1000 post mark. Have fun ruling a derelict airport.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3310 on: January 31, 2015, 07:12:28 PM »
Clearly you haven't been to paradox of topic forums. People there are a weird mix with true anarcists, communists, liberals and consevatives from all around the world discussing things ranging from polandball to the current economic state of Creece with more or less civil posts on the topics.

The discussion about nordic union got to the point of people arguing about what monarch Finland should adopt in case of this happening with that going about for i think at least 4 pages. I think the Scandinavians wanted a scandinavian prince while the finns were in favor of a german one or none at all because "Why on earth do we need one?".

It is quite a strange and a entertaining place everyone should experience. Oh also congratulations on the 1000 post mark. Have fun ruling a derelict airport.

Eh, there are lots of forums I could find interesting, but Paradox studio's ain't one. A polandball discussion would be great tho, polandball is the best.
Also couldn't you just declare Notch the one true High King of Suomi?

FinnishViking

• Scout
« Reply #3311 on: January 31, 2015, 07:23:37 PM »
Eh, there are lots of forums I could find interesting, but Paradox studio's ain't one. A polandball discussion would be great tho, polandball is the best.

Notch does have the beard for it and a roayl crest with picaxe holding lion isn't that bad... I think you might be on to something  :D.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3312 on: January 31, 2015, 07:34:38 PM »
Third ruler of airports, Fimbulvarg! 
Your name shall resound throughout the terminals and food courts and be feared!
Feel free to PM.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3313 on: January 31, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »

Hail Fimbulvarg! The question now is, which airport does our new ruler want?  I have to go get the keys polished (and the Rash-Beasts chased out) before the presentation ceremony...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3314 on: February 01, 2015, 05:57:47 AM »
Notch does have the beard for it and a roayl crest with picaxe holding lion isn't that bad... I think you might be on to something  :D.
I keep forgetting that Notch is Swedish and not Finnish. That was the other thing, the peeved birds and the pigs and all related merchandise.

As long as I get to ride the luggage chutes and loot all the toblerone and booze with impunity.

Hail Fimbulvarg! The question now is, which airport does our new ruler want?  I have to go get the keys polished (and the Rash-Beasts chased out) before the presentation ceremony...
Paris airport Charles de Gaulle. That place is a maze and a death trap. Or maybe Kansai International, that place is a natural fortress.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:30:10 PM by Fimbulvarg »