Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410988 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #19005 on: July 15, 2021, 04:56:27 AM »
Groupoid, there was a lot of planning when you were less active :) The reasons for the changes are in the Future of our Fandom thread here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1176.0

Hopefully the new structure will be intuitive enough so that you and others will eventually find it easier to find the threads you are looking for, and new ones into the bargain! :)

Also, with this,  :sparkle: safe zone  :sparkle: Cake will be served in the celebration thread!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #19006 on: July 15, 2021, 02:48:09 PM »
Thanks, I followed the discussion a little, but didn't recall the final draft. Getting over initially feeling lost, I'm now curious to see where's what & what's around.
Native: :de: (:ch:), Ok: :gb:, Rusty: :fr:, A bit: :ru:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #19007 on: July 16, 2021, 11:15:45 AM »
Urgh, weather! Letting you know that I may not get here much in the next few days, both because things like phone and internet are much disrupted by the storms, and because we are dealing with such things as storm damage, trees down and flooding. Not as bad as in Germany but still unpleasant.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #19008 on: July 16, 2021, 11:39:08 AM »
Róisín, stay safe!

My heart goes out to the people in the flooded areas in Europe! @JoB, @Mirasol, I send magic rays on weather protection the way of you and yours!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #19009 on: July 16, 2021, 11:54:41 AM »
Urgh, weather! Letting you know that I may not get here much in the next few days, both because things like phone and internet are much disrupted by the storms, and because we are dealing with such things as storm damage, trees down and flooding. Not as bad as in Germany but still unpleasant.
I hope the weather will be less threatening soon.

catbirds

« Reply #19010 on: July 17, 2021, 01:22:59 AM »
I hope all of you experiencing exceptionally turbulent weather... weather the storm. Especially those in parts of Germany and Belgium, it seems like it's gotten especially bad there :( Roisin, stay safe and I hope it doesn't cause any permanent damage.

The rain's been coming down on and off for days here, too. With bonus hail. While this isn't an issue at all right now, it's also not the regular weather for summer in Southern Ontario, but I try not to be a defeatist about this type of thing :>

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #19011 on: July 17, 2021, 02:47:40 AM »
Is it coincidence, that its raining all over the world? Its overly wet in Switzerland as well, but most parts didn't get hit as bad in comparison.
I hope the weather calms soon enough, a few dry days would be nice. Good luck!
Native: :de: (:ch:), Ok: :gb:, Rusty: :fr:, A bit: :ru:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #19012 on: July 17, 2021, 02:56:15 AM »
We've been getting plenty of rain in France, as well. My household is less grumpy about it than most because my mother actually prefers rain, normal summer weather and temps are a legit migraine trigger for me and the other part of the world we care about is the one partly covered by that heat dome (and I'm fully aware this could be us anytime from next month to next year). We are also lucky enough to not be in one of the areas of France that got flooded.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 04:00:53 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Yastreb

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • May her brightness be among the stars.
« Reply #19013 on: July 17, 2021, 06:55:28 AM »
Nigeria is having some really bad weather too. Parts of Lagos are submerged and there's no improvement in sight.

https://www.thecable.ng/flood-ravages-parts-of-lagos-amid-heavy-rain

Meanwhile, the weather for Victoria is tending wet, with 8-15 mm expected on Tuesday, with probable thunderstorms and a chance of hail.
"Life is all we are. Life is what defines us. In the end, Life is the answer."

Ruler of Bartolomeu de Gusmão Airport.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #19014 on: July 17, 2021, 09:27:46 AM »
parts of Germany and Belgium, it seems like it's gotten especially bad there :(
Luxembourg (fuel pipeline to the airport disrupted) and the Netherlands (thousands on the run), too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57871308
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #19015 on: July 17, 2021, 12:46:59 PM »
Is it coincidence, that its raining all over the world? Its overly wet in Switzerland as well

I doubt it's coincidence, but it's not raining all over the world. Eastern USA is too wet, but large chunks of the USA are in drought, and some of those on fire. I expect there are other places with that problem.

The amount of water on the planet hasn't changed. Its distribution and temperature have.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #19016 on: July 17, 2021, 01:03:10 PM »
Yes exactly. When I look out of the window, I see the birches are dying because of the lack of water. And I am in Germany, but the eastern part. But the weather does not move, the rain stays where it is and the hot dry weather stays where it is. Normally weather in central europe moves to the east.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #19017 on: July 18, 2021, 02:47:46 AM »
Yastreb, those pics of Lagos are scary. And given the way weather here drifts from northwest to southeast you will be getting today and Monday the weather we had on Friday/Saturday. Good luck! Here the drains are blocked and the back yard flooded, but I was still able to get out and have a stall at the Gumeracha Artisan’s Market today. Low attendance but I made a small profit, and things look promising for when the weather improves.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #19018 on: July 18, 2021, 02:43:34 PM »
We had a ton of rain in Michigan too, it was a few weeks of plain rain, flood warnings and tornado warnings. But now it got better. Hope you guys stay safe and dry!  o_O :lalli:
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Yastreb

• May her brightness be among the stars.
« Reply #19019 on: July 19, 2021, 12:21:54 AM »
Róisín, it looks like we're getting your weather tomorrow. I'm glad that the market worked out for you.
"Life is all we are. Life is what defines us. In the end, Life is the answer."

Ruler of Bartolomeu de Gusmão Airport.