Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387906 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #3150 on: January 23, 2015, 06:36:27 AM »
Guuuyss! I received results from my blood exams-thingies! And I have 37k platelets!  ;D Last time I had 12k and it was already amazing because I usually have about 3k - I'm getting betteeeer~~
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

P__

« Reply #3151 on: January 23, 2015, 06:49:59 AM »
Guuuyss! I received results from my blood exams-thingies! And I have 37k platelets!  ;D Last time I had 12k and it was already amazing because I usually have about 3k - I'm getting betteeeer~~

yays :D
(also, how did the "teach anything" at your school go? -- I don't regularly follow this thread so it might have already been answered :-X )
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #3152 on: January 23, 2015, 06:51:07 AM »
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Go Nimphy's platelets! Go! Go forth and multiply!!! Yeeeeeeeeah! :D
That's awesome Nimphy!
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #3153 on: January 23, 2015, 07:15:23 AM »
Thank you for the good news, Nimphy! :-) :-)
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3154 on: January 23, 2015, 07:57:08 AM »
Cheers to a thriving community of blood cells!  :)
Feel free to PM.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #3155 on: January 23, 2015, 07:57:47 AM »
I suppose now is the time to do such a thing rather than a week ago when the whole lake was froze over.
Umh, nah. If that ice was there only a week ago, I'ld guess that it was too thin to get in the way of people swimming to the shore or workers getting the car out of the lake. And that there's only a couple degrees of a temperature difference.

Now if it had been frozen solid to the point of the car going over the lake, or simply could've been picked up still standing on the ice, that actually would've been better. 8)

Last not least, wishing "continue to get better" to Owl and Nimphy ... and that Doc Traction may never get his hands on rocket propellant. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3156 on: January 23, 2015, 08:16:07 AM »
We had a Norwegian test at school today, so I had to spend the entire day sitting still and writing a text. And usually I get really fidgety after an hour or two, but today I actually managed to stay focused! Yay! c: It's been such a long time since I felt successful at school, so it was a really nice way to start the weekend :D

Right. Now I just have to clean my room (mom's orders) and then I'll go back to embroidering a socially critical life-size cut-out of myself

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #3157 on: January 23, 2015, 08:22:05 AM »
We had a Norwegian test at school today, so I had to spend the entire day sitting still and writing a text. And usually I get really fidgety after an hour or two, but today I actually managed to stay focused! Yay! c: It's been such a long time since I felt successful at school, so it was a really nice way to start the weekend :D

Right. Now I just have to clean my room (mom's orders) and then I'll go back to embroidering a socially critical life-size cut-out of myself

Awesome! Focusing is always the hardest part of just about anything.

Also yay, last two finals today: ap us history and German 3.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #3158 on: January 23, 2015, 08:30:13 AM »

Yeah! ;D

Awesome! Focusing is always the hardest part of just about anything.

Also yay, last two finals today: ap us history and German 3.

Also glad that you guys could finish/ start finishing up your tests! Not to mention going back to working on side-projects, which I really need to do. I'm technically done with my semester exams, but then I have the SAT tomorrow... (for you non-US people, standardized tests that your entire future hangs upon are important for college/uni applications)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #3159 on: January 23, 2015, 08:32:25 AM »
Yeah! ;D

Also glad that you guys could finish/ start finishing up your tests! Not to mention going back to working on side-projects, which I really need to do. I'm technically done with my semester exams, but then I have the SAT tomorrow... (for you non-US people, standardized tests that your entire future hangs upon are important for college/uni applications)

Ohh, good luck!!

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #3160 on: January 23, 2015, 08:45:22 AM »
I'm technically done with my semester exams, but then I have the SAT tomorrow... (for you non-US people, standardized tests that your entire future hangs upon are important for college/uni applications)

Good luck with that!
We had sort of similar tests to enter uni, standartized and dry, but in different subject. You could take three to five subjects depending on what you were planning to study. I remember all those talks and discussions critisizing that system...  :P
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3161 on: January 23, 2015, 08:58:38 AM »
Oh, there's good news all around! Yay!

Ohh, the SAT! Yup, I remember that. Much luck to you!!  :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #3162 on: January 23, 2015, 09:19:24 AM »
GOGOGOGOGO mith!!!
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Varjohaltia

« Reply #3163 on: January 23, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
I'm getting betteeeer~~

That is great news!
:finland: Fluent
:usa: Fluent
:germany: Understands
:sweden: Rudimentary
:japan: Horrible

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #3164 on: January 23, 2015, 10:01:29 AM »
I am happy about your plateles-level as well!

ohhh and I am having fun watching the "Lesekorpset". I would'nt have liked it as a kid, but now I am having fun, and at least I know now how to write the small æ by hand. Not too sure why all of these kids are dressed in navy-style?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information