Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410441 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #18690 on: February 26, 2020, 02:07:30 AM »
Excellent!it is a fine tale, and would make a good anime.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #18691 on: February 26, 2020, 06:05:18 AM »
I am almost obscenely excited :))

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #18692 on: February 26, 2020, 08:58:16 AM »
THEY'RE MAKING A FREAKANGELS ANIME!!

I'M (appropriately) FREAKING OUT!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

*Looks at the webcomic*

Yeah, that fits perfectly in with anime. I'm stoked.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Lueley

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #18693 on: March 04, 2020, 02:08:26 PM »
Not sure if this is the right thread for it (hi! I'm new! I've been reading the comic for like 5 years but never posted here until now!), but I stumbled across this article today:

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2020/02/28/closing_the_country_still_an_option/

The option to close Iceland due to the spread of COVID-19, the novel coronavirus, is constantly being reassessed, in accordance with new risk assessments, mbl.is reports. A task group from the national police commissioner’ s office believes authorities have the right to close the country if public health is at stake.

I think a lot of the news reports right now are mostly panic-based, but I thought it was interesting that this is basically how SSSS starts: a mysterious illness brought in by travellers, Iceland closes it's borders... better start getting my anti-rash defences ready?
Lueley on AO3 😊 (feedback welcome!)

SSSS reader and lurker since 2015!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #18694 on: March 04, 2020, 04:21:59 PM »
Hello Lueley and welcome! Since you are here, you may want to post into the introduction thread as well?

Your link is interesting! Although Iceland is already red (well, pink) in the Spread of the Illness maps so I guess we are doomed!

In all seriousness though, this virus is hardly a harbinger of apocalypse, however it serves as a stark reminder of just how vulnerable we are. A combination of Covid-19 spead and MERS lethality and we wouldn’t be laughing at all.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #18695 on: March 04, 2020, 10:55:19 PM »
Speaking of webcomics that are being made into animes, my friend introduced me to his favorite webcomic because it's being made into an anime! It's called Tower of God and, although it starts out edgier than I usually like, it's been really good.

Hey, uh, just letting you guys know that qoro from the discord server has created a telegram chat thing for SSSS (it works pretty much like facebook messenger but with privacy/encryption and without the facebook) and I offered to post about it here. So if that's your preferred method of communication then this is the link: https://t.me/SSSSaRTDCoT
Is there a repository of links for SSSS fans that this should be added to?
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #18696 on: March 04, 2020, 11:09:27 PM »
Well, at this point the telegram has basically died anyway so I don't know if there's much point, but you can add it somewhere if you want.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #18697 on: March 08, 2020, 11:05:27 PM »
Hey, uh, just letting you guys know that qoro from the discord server has created a telegram chat thing for SSSS (it works pretty much like facebook messenger but with privacy/encryption and without the facebook) and I offered to post about it here. So if that's your preferred method of communication then this is the link: https://t.me/SSSSaRTDCoT

we have a discord server?  XoX
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

Temteno

« Reply #18698 on: March 10, 2020, 04:33:21 AM »
Speaking of webcomics that are being made into animes, my friend introduced me to his favorite webcomic because it's being made into an anime! It's called Tower of God and, although it starts out edgier than I usually like, it's been really good.

I've heard about that too and it piques my interest. Tower of God's start didn't really rope me in but maybe I could give it another chance :D

Maybe this is an impossible wish but I would love for SSSS to get its own animation. All the ingredients are there: action-filled comic with lots of material to cover, steady publishing schedule, characters with emotional arcs and a dedicated fanbase.

But well, even though this is a dedicated fanbase, it is pretty small one when compared to something like Tower of God. It would be also hard to emulate Minna's art style in animation; either it would be 3D mixed with 2D like they did with Houseki no Kuni, the focus would be on the art and animation would be minimal or the art would be simplified. Also, Western world doesn't throw as much money for animations as Eastern unless it caters to a bigger audience.

One can still always wish for it.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #18699 on: March 11, 2020, 05:50:38 PM »
I've heard about that too and it piques my interest. Tower of God's start didn't really rope me in but maybe I could give it another chance :D
Yeah, it took a while for me to get into, too. The only reason why I continued it was because of my friend haha. I think for me it started to pick up around episode 28 (where the friendship stuff starts). The art also gets way better as the comic goes on.

Maybe this is an impossible wish but I would love for SSSS to get its own animation. All the ingredients are there: action-filled comic with lots of material to cover, steady publishing schedule, characters with emotional arcs and a dedicated fanbase.

But well, even though this is a dedicated fanbase, it is pretty small one when compared to something like Tower of God. It would be also hard to emulate Minna's art style in animation; either it would be 3D mixed with 2D like they did with Houseki no Kuni, the focus would be on the art and animation would be minimal or the art would be simplified. Also, Western world doesn't throw as much money for animations as Eastern unless it caters to a bigger audience.

One can still always wish for it.
I couldn't imagine an animated SSSS without Minna's style...so I guess Minna will have to animate for us! I kid a little, but I agree, it would make a great animation.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #18700 on: March 16, 2020, 08:15:38 AM »
I've moved the discussion on Tuuri's death over to the mature content board so that people can speak more freely on the subject. I belive that all minnions participating in the discussion already have access to the board (just had two people make requests this morning), but if you don't, you may request permission by going on your profile and clicking on "Group Membership" and selecting "Over 18"
@LilG, @thegreyarea, @Unlos,@Jitter, @Grade E Cat, @Róisín
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #18701 on: March 16, 2020, 01:53:04 PM »
I think I already have access there, thank you Gwenno!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #18702 on: March 16, 2020, 02:39:35 PM »
I've moved the discussion on Tuuri's death over to the mature content board so that people can speak more freely on the subject...
Thanks! I think it's the most best choice.

Now an essential question: How can I apply for membership of the "Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society"?
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #18703 on: March 16, 2020, 05:12:40 PM »
Now an essential question: How can I apply for membership of the "Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society"?

Ah, I am glad to see your interest in this, the MOST BEST of all societies, young Minnion!!! Anyone who believes in their heart that Sigrun Eide should rightfully be God-Emperor of the Universe is welcome to join our ever-growing ranks, so feel free to post it in your signature and to tell your friends  ;D You may worship the God-Emperor Sigrun in whatever way you see fit, so long as you are awesome while doing so :P

There used to be quite a few more members, but I don't think they're awfully active these days, alas!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

Roleplay doc

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #18704 on: March 16, 2020, 09:26:13 PM »
Ah, I am glad to see your interest in this, the MOST BEST of all societies, young Minnion!!! Anyone who believes in their heart that Sigrun Eide should rightfully be God-Emperor of the Universe is welcome to join our ever-growing ranks, so feel free to post it in your signature and to tell your friends  ;D You may worship the God-Emperor Sigrun in whatever way you see fit, so long as you are awesome while doing so :P

There used to be quite a few more members, but I don't think they're awfully active these days, alas!
And I am so glad that the Most Best society has its arms open to welcome this humble follower! I'll use with joy the signature, and to prove my loyalty to our cause I present you my Sigrun story, Lightning ( https://archiveofourown.org/works/21430231 ), in which she takes a step further towards the outcome we desire! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it: