Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387700 times)

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2925 on: January 10, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »
+1 about advice and experience. (((SigridMarie)))

Want some oysters ? (understands who can :-D)
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2926 on: January 10, 2015, 01:34:15 PM »
Now listen here, young lady. Even the most cheerful ball of sunshine is allowed to be sad when things get though. Everyone needs to talk to someone sometimes, or else they wouldn't have the energy to help others. This is what friends are for: a smile when you're happy, and a shoulder to cry on when you're not.

ThisCat is so right.  We're all here for you. 

Would it be possible for you to go outside for a little stroll, even if it's raining?  A change of atmosphere can work wonders.  I'm about to go out for swim class even though it's cold and cloudy out, because I know if I don't I'll just get all broody.  (So I'll be back in about 90 minutes...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2927 on: January 10, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »
I know it's completely irrational, but I'm so used to being the one comforting others, and everyone expects me to be the cheerful, smiling girl who can't ever sit still, so when the roles are reversed it makes me feel really guilty and uncomfortable. I can't help but feel like I'm letting people down (which I guess is why I'm here ruining the mood for everyone instead of just talking to someone from school or something like I'm supposed to)

Now I started crying for real (but it's a good kind of crying, I swear. Somehow knowing that you guys care makes me feel like I'm allowed to be sad?). And I hope so too, although it doesn't really seem like it...

Aw, honey, you aren't "ruining the mood."  You're being real, and we're touched that you're willing to open up and be real around us.  That's what this thread is for -- sharing the joys *and sorrows* of life.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #2928 on: January 10, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »
Now listen here, young lady. Even the most cheerful ball of sunshine is allowed to be sad when things get though. Everyone needs to talk to someone sometimes, or else they wouldn't have the energy to help others. This is what friends are for: a smile when you're happy, and a shoulder to cry on when you're not.

This seems to have been seconded (fourthed? Fifthed?) by pretty much everyone, so I guess I should take it to heart already. (And I think I already knew it, but it feels good to have it confirmed nonetheless)

My mum came and told me she's sorry, and she's stopped crying for the time being. And you guys are all so nice, so I feel a lot better now c: (Just letting you all know this so that you can stop worrying about me ;3)

Would it be possible for you to go outside for a little stroll, even if it's raining?  A change of atmosphere can work wonders.  I'm about to go out for swim class even though it's cold and cloudy out, because I know if I don't I'll just get all broody.  (So I'll be back in about 90 minutes...)

Eheheh... Normally I might have gone outside for a while, but I don't much fancy being swept away by a storm cx
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:47:56 PM by Sigrid Marie »

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #2929 on: January 10, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »
This seems to have been seconded (fourthed? Fifthed?) by pretty much everyone, so I guess I should take it to heart already. (And I think I already knew it, but it feels good to have it confirmed nonetheless)

My mum came and told me she's sorry, and she's stopped crying for the time being. And you guys are all so nice, so I feel a lot better now c: (Just letting you all know this so that you can stop worrying about me ;3)

Eheheh... Normally I might have gone outside for a while, but I don't much fancy being swept away by a storm cx

I'm pretty late to the party, but I thought I should say that it's good to know you're feeling better, and even better to hear that you know it's OK if you feel worse again later. I've met people before who appear on the surface to be perpetually happy, and I think I come across like that sometimes too, and there's nothing wrong with that 'cause we can be great people to be around, but we've also got to accept that it's not a role anyone can play all the time.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2930 on: January 10, 2015, 02:08:25 PM »

I'm pretty late to the party, but I thought I should say that it's good to know you're feeling better, and even better to hear that you know it's OK if you feel worse again later. I've met people before who appear on the surface to be perpetually happy, and I think I come across like that sometimes too, and there's nothing wrong with that 'cause we can be great people to be around, but we've also got to accept that it's not a role anyone can play all the time.

^I was about to say something along those lines; I'm really glad to hear you're ok now.  :)
(and now that you mentioned the storm, I'm picturing you as Aksel from the prologue, haha)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2931 on: January 10, 2015, 02:16:15 PM »

See, just give it some time and things will usually get a little better just as you spend your time on the forum talking it out.
And like everyone else said, talking about it is always a good idea.

Would it be possible for you to go outside for a little stroll, even if it's raining?

The rain isn't worse than normal, it's the hurricane winds that're being a pain.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:56:31 PM by Fimbulvarg »

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #2932 on: January 10, 2015, 02:50:39 PM »
See, just give it some time and things will usually get a little better just as you spend your time on the forum talking it out.

The rain isn't worse than normal, it's the hurricane winds that're being a pain.

Is it Norway that you're both in with all this storm going on? Or are you not even in the same storm? It's possible I'm only thinking of you as Norwegian 'cause Sigrun's your avatar.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2933 on: January 10, 2015, 03:00:10 PM »
That sounds like me, yes. People like that are great friends (always happy, always willing to listen and provide advice, always offering to help), but I think we're perpetually bad at taking care of ourselves. I should probably work on that

Well, that's one way to put it cx (very true, though. I would never let myself be hindered by some rain. Hurricanes, though, are a bit too much even for someone who's been living in Bergen since they were 5)

Is it Norway that you're both in with all this storm going on? Or are you not even in the same storm? It's possible I'm only thinking of you as Norwegian 'cause Sigrun's your avatar.

Yup, we're both Norwegian, and currently being pestered by the storm "Nina"

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2934 on: January 10, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »

Yup, we're both Norwegian, and currently being pestered by the storm "Nina"

Such a cute name for a storm ???
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2935 on: January 10, 2015, 03:06:39 PM »

It's Egon in Sweden. Sounds a lot more like some homocidal maniac than Nina.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2936 on: January 10, 2015, 03:18:46 PM »

Don't let the name deceive you, it's the worst storm Norway has seen in 20 years

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2937 on: January 10, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »
It's Egon in Sweden. Sounds a lot more like some homocidal maniac than Nina.

Olsenbanden comes to mind

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2938 on: January 10, 2015, 03:21:48 PM »
Don't let the name deceive you, it's the worst storm Norway has seen in 20 years

That's global warming for ya.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2939 on: January 10, 2015, 03:23:16 PM »
That's global warming for ya.

Weather is not the same as climate.