Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409147 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2685 on: December 31, 2014, 08:45:30 AM »
And speaking of the time left to tick down on the clock ... happy 51st birthday, Dinner for One! :D

(Yes, I'm linking to the "German" version on purpose, though it's blocked for German users. :( Lookie here for others. And yes, it's the 51st birthday of it on TV, the actual sketch has been on stage a bit longer.)

ohhh 51 :)
actually my parents gave me a DVD with it once :D. It went to a DVD-Geocaching box near a former ammunition factory
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2686 on: December 31, 2014, 10:06:06 AM »
(And yes, it's the 51st birthday of it on TV, the actual sketch has been on stage a bit longer.)
Correction: 51st as a recorded TV emission. Stage play from the 1920s, copyrights bought by Freddie Frinton later to make it his, on live German TV in 1961, then again (on NDR) in 1963, both recordings (first the "Swiss version", then the NDR's two months later) in the same year, NDR wanted to do a re-recording in color in 1968 but Freddie Frinton died two months prior, instead they hand-colored their recording ~2000.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #2687 on: December 31, 2014, 11:34:40 AM »
There is a coloured version?? Sounds like blasphemy to me. ;)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2688 on: December 31, 2014, 01:19:57 PM »
So for New Year I found myself once again in the mountain. This time though we won't be two families and two grandparents. There will apparently be well over 20 people.  :o At least for now we're just in thirteen... Help me...
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

JoB

« Reply #2689 on: December 31, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »
There is a coloured version??
Yes. Quite realistic even - in the sense of photorealism, not "we'll make it look like Technicolor #4 'cause that's what they had back then". ;)

Sounds like blasphemy to me. ;)
I'd better not tell you what other versions I've watched over the day, then ...
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

ThisOneGuy

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2690 on: December 31, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »
Apparently, there was a ship near Italy with a lot of refugees in it and no crew anywhere. They managed to help the ship to shore, but if it just me or does this sound eeriely like how the Rash was first encountered in SSSS?

JoB

« Reply #2691 on: December 31, 2014, 02:15:43 PM »
Apparently, there was a ship near Italy with a lot of refugees in it and no crew anywhere. [...] if it just me or does this sound eeriely like how the Rash was first encountered in SSSS?
Ships with refugees trying to cross the Mediterranean, complete with traffickers insisting to make an exit before the target country's police shows up for some triage, are, alas and quite literally, an everyday occurrence. I'ld venture a guess that it actually was reality inspiring Minna, rather than the other way around.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2692 on: December 31, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »
So for New Year I found myself once again in the mountain. This time though we won't be two families and two grandparents. There will apparently be well over 20 people.  :o At least for now we're just in thirteen... Help me...

Oh no! If I were you I'd be finding a place to hide right about now. :)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2693 on: December 31, 2014, 02:47:16 PM »

you can do it Nimphy!

Gosh JoB what did you do all day? I guess watching Sailormoon right after Fury is already weirdom at its best, but different versions of Dinner for one?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2694 on: December 31, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »
Apparently, there was a ship near Italy with a lot of refugees in it and no crew anywhere. They managed to help the ship to shore, but if it just me or does this sound eeriely like how the Rash was first encountered in SSSS?

That, as JoB already said, is an everyday occurrence. It's dangerous for someone to illegally ship people so either they ship just the people or more probably let the people swim to shore after a while. Every couple of months or so someone will notice that said people have died and bohoohoo everyone saying it's a tragedy and minute of silence etc. Then erase experience, wait two months, repeat.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2695 on: December 31, 2014, 03:16:39 PM »

You could always try some of the "Play by Post" games on them, e.g. How do you kill someone with a toothbrush, a piece of chocolate, or a loop of dental floss?  (Only you have to excuse yourself if someone throws one of your own previous answers at you, Firebird...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2696 on: December 31, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »
You could always try some of the "Play by Post" games on them, e.g. How do you kill someone with a toothbrush, a piece of chocolate, or a loop of dental floss?  (Only you have to excuse yourself if someone throws one of your own previous answers at you, Firebird...)

I'm imagining a bunch of family members trying to play the Play by Post roleplay game ???

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

JoB

« Reply #2697 on: December 31, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »
Gosh JoB what did you do all day? I guess watching Sailormoon right after Fury is already weirdom at its best, but different versions of Dinner for one?
Technically I was working (telecommuting all week due to ... events at home), but there's no place for me to do that other than in the livingroom, facing the family's TV.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2698 on: December 31, 2014, 09:23:20 PM »
Welp, my family members have all gone to separate New Year's Eve parties... leaving me in the house completely alone but with absolutely nothing to do.  :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2699 on: December 31, 2014, 09:49:34 PM »
I got two bars of reception! Yeah!!!!! Not... Really sure what to do with them now I've found them.... U_u
Ah man, the 70's decor down here is just as eye-hurty as I remember xAx and sharing a room with siblings and cats is.....well...I'd rather just the cats :S But, at least we're not sleeping on the floor like the old days. *shudder* And I think my sister is trying to melt me ;__; I don't wanna go outside because there's sun and pervy pirate neighbours, and she won't let me turn off the heater! I'm going to catch fire or something it's toooooo hottttttt ;;;___;;;
But enough of me complaining: New Years was a quiet affair for us, or me at least (I just watched anime all night X'D) but the time has finally come when the neighbours with experience and expertise with fireworks have finally run out of their illegal stash...and the drunken bogan novices think they can take over.....u____u the safety violations I have witnessed *Mikkel face* the clan I regret to call my cousins lit a bonfire...under a tree: tree on fire. There was a man dancing with a flare outside my window: burnt his hand and ran away screaming. I just...the /stupidity/ of some people?? I love this place...it's just the PEOPLE that...UGH. My youngest sister just looked out the window and said "Natural Selection. Natural Selection. NATURAL SELECTION." Hahaha I guess they bug her too X'P
/rant.

Sorry to put a rant in here :( *is summer-induced party pooper*
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: