Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410180 times)

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2640 on: December 28, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »
That sounds a whole lot like how my room used to be. And to an extent how my room still is. I've got a whole lot of clutter of childhood junk hidden away in various compartments, and at least a drawer-ful of unusable markers and colored pencils. I haven't gotten rid of them for weird nostalgic reasons... like, anything I remember using in my childhood I can't get rid of.

My room is actually pretty empty. My desk, on the other hand...well, I also have lots of paper-nostalgia-drawing-things.

Also, Christmas socializing is almost over. Almost...

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2641 on: December 28, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »
My room is actually pretty empty. My desk, on the other hand...well, I also have lots of paper-nostalgia-drawing-things.

Also, Christmas socializing is almost over. Almost...

My Christmas socializing is over, thankfully. I could not catch a break. There was a party today that my mom was going to, but luckily she gave me the choice whether to go or not. And now I'm home completely aloooone... *happy dance*

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2642 on: December 28, 2014, 06:27:03 PM »
A few weeks ago I was in church, down with my age group, when the older teenagers started taking us out one by one. My turn came, I was made to sit in front of a camera, and asked what was love. So well, I gave my answer and went away, all fine.

Today mom suddenly asked "Name, what is love to you?" Then the following dialogue went more or less like this:
Me: "You didn't see it!"
Sister: "Come on, what is love?"
Me: "How did you see it, you didn't even go to church!"
Sister: "They sent it to our Whatsapp group~~"

The last line was said with a Blackmail Material Face. Oh-oh.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2643 on: December 28, 2014, 06:40:59 PM »
A few weeks ago I was in church, down with my age group, when the older teenagers started taking us out one by one. My turn came, I was made to sit in front of a camera, and asked what was love. So well, I gave my answer and went away, all fine.

Today mom suddenly asked "Name, what is love to you?" Then the following dialogue went more or less like this:
Me: "You didn't see it!"
Sister: "Come on, what is love?"
Me: "How did you see it, you didn't even go to church!"
Sister: "They sent it to our Whatsapp group~~"

The last line was said with a Blackmail Material Face. Oh-oh.
What did you say?? 
You should always reply to that question with "baby don't hurt me!"
Feel free to PM.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2644 on: December 28, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
What did you say?? 
You should always reply to that question with "baby don't hurt me!"

"Love is when one person would call the other at 1am just to tell them they love them."... Well, at least I did answer and did not run out of the room or tell the guys "Well, two people are in love when they're in love!", like some people.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2645 on: December 28, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »
"Love is when one person would call the other at 1am just to tell them they love them."... Well, at least I did answer and did not run out of the room or tell the guys "Well, two people are in love when they're in love!", like some people.
i think that's a great answer! :3 I think it applies to all the different types of love too: family love, friend love, romantic love. But probably fits more with Romantic love :P
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2646 on: December 28, 2014, 07:56:49 PM »
I panicked a little because of the disappearing posts that have happened lately, and now I have a 114 page long, ~25 000 word document of the entire poetry collection saved on my computer. I don't think we lost anymore than 2-3 poems.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2647 on: December 28, 2014, 08:33:12 PM »
I panicked a little because of the disappearing posts that have happened lately, and now I have a 114 page long, ~25 000 word document of the entire poetry collection saved on my computer. I don't think we lost anymore than 2-3 poems.
Better safe than sorry I guess? :0

Our weather just went from 30°C and way too sunny to suddenly dark, pelting with heavy rain and wind, loud thunder and lightning everywhere! At least the trees are getting a drink, just as long as it's not damaging the apples OmO
My tiny scout kitty is ok with storms: she's sprawled out asleep on my bed. But the other cat, little-kitty's protector, is terrified. So she was sitting over my sleeping cat, trying to be all tough, but now she's squished herself up next to her, watching the window ;______; poor bubby. I gave her a blanket, hopefully that helps :/
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2648 on: December 28, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »

What am I missing this time?

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2649 on: December 29, 2014, 01:16:19 AM »

Re: the warning Eich put up at the top of the forum page.  About 9 hours ago (as of my posting at 10 p.m. PST) forum posts *and* PMs began losing their content.  The shells of the postings are still there, but all the content vanished.   In some cases it was up to 1/3 of a person's total PMs. So we are frantically copy-and-pasting remaining content to desktop/offsite storage. 

I suggest you check your saved PMs (if any) -- both received and sent -- to see if that's happened to you.  Also check any posts you've made.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #2650 on: December 29, 2014, 01:22:35 AM »
Better safe than sorry I guess? :0

Our weather just went from 30°C and way too sunny to suddenly dark, pelting with heavy rain and wind, loud thunder and lightning everywhere! At least the trees are getting a drink, just as long as it's not damaging the apples OmO
My tiny scout kitty is ok with storms: she's sprawled out asleep on my bed. But the other cat, little-kitty's protector, is terrified. So she was sitting over my sleeping cat, trying to be all tough, but now she's squished herself up next to her, watching the window ;______; poor bubby. I gave her a blanket, hopefully that helps :/

I think we've received your storm - perfectly clear and hot and sunny this morning, absolutely pouring this afternoon.

In regards to what's happening, I'd recommend checking the bug thread. Also, recent news is that the text that's gone missing is still there somewhere, and may be able to be restored, so don't freak out too much about this.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #2651 on: December 29, 2014, 02:32:19 AM »
The vanishing posts bug related to the space quota?

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #2652 on: December 29, 2014, 02:34:35 AM »
The vanishing posts bug related to the space quota?

Apparently not. It's more a... getting lost on the way of getting to where it should be. More info in the bug thread.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2653 on: December 29, 2014, 02:40:38 AM »
Nah, we're still at about 60% capacity.  December has been a rather slow month.
Capacity hopefully won't be a looming problem much longer, though... 
Feel free to PM.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #2654 on: December 29, 2014, 01:31:39 PM »
I think we've received your storm - perfectly clear and hot and sunny this morning, absolutely pouring this afternoon.

In regards to what's happening, I'd recommend checking the bug thread. Also, recent news is that the text that's gone missing is still there somewhere, and may be able to be restored, so don't freak out too much about this.

Disappearing text? Why would I freak out about that? It's actually pretty cool. I'm picturing some sort of jungle expedition to find the lost archives of the SSSS forum.