Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411543 times)

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2565 on: December 22, 2014, 12:48:18 PM »
Wow nice! I've never seen one that cheap.
I'm not sure if mine cost $200 or $100 when I think about it (my mom bought it, not me), but $99 is the general retail value of the version that I have (this one). Also as I mentioned, it came with Photoshop Elements, which is also pricy (like maybe $60?), so it was actually a good deal, considering.

Gee, I've purchased the same one this October. It was about $100 (+/- considering currency exchange here).
I really like it, although I previously had a not very good experience with tablets (tried a Genius one). Got used to mine right away, the pen is light and feels like a real one.
Uh, now I really feel like drawing something  :( But my study schedule is a real Sparta right now, got no time for the things I want  :P Exams are coming, you see, so I wish myself good luck and go dive into the pool of real life problems just for now  :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:52:36 PM by curiosity »
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2566 on: December 22, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »
Ugh, I got into a "fight" with my spider today. My hand is now itching a lot and is doomed to keep itching for several days at least. But hey, her cage's clean now.

Reminds me of cleaning the cage of our first hamster.  I can't really speak on the relative differences between hamster bites and spider fights, though.

Uh, now I really feel like drawing something  :( But my study schedule is a real Sparta right now, got no time for the things I want  :P Exams are coming, you see, so I wish myself good luck and go dive into the pool of real life problems just for now  :)

Good luck as well :)

I don't have any more exams, but somehow lots of other things appeared that need to be done before I can really start my break. At least I should be done by tomorrow, and then I can finally figure out what to do after Christmas.

I also have the sneaking suspicion that most of my posts are related to Things That Are Due. :-\

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2567 on: December 23, 2014, 07:17:25 AM »
Reminds me of cleaning the cage of our first hamster.  I can't really speak on the relative differences between hamster bites and spider fights, though.

Well, turns out I managed to tape it fast enough. I might not have to worry at all. We used to have guineapigs, not hamsters, so I can't really speak about the relative differences either, but the mammals were usually more agressive than the arachnid.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2568 on: December 23, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »
Well, turns out I managed to tape it fast enough. I might not have to worry at all. We used to have guineapigs, not hamsters, so I can't really speak about the relative differences either, but the mammals were usually more agressive than the arachnid.
Yeah, my sister had a pet tarantula for a year or two and I don't think she ever got bitten. However, the last hamster I had... was pretty quick to bite.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2569 on: December 23, 2014, 11:27:50 AM »
Woah, I'm guessing you put tape on the bristles to get them out?  That sounds like a hardcore pet, Heh.   
My sister's roommate had a pet rat named Moo, and she brought him over once.  He was cool, no biting, he just like to scamper around and climb on peoples' shoulders.  I think the name came from the brown spots on his white coat.
Feel free to PM.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2570 on: December 23, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
I am relieved that I got bitten by the cold and gusty winds only, trying to throw me from the bike while driving... Well now it is warm, an old friend of mine is to come over and I actually feel happy to meeting someone close to me face to face. Hope this feeling lasts for the next days, that will make it easier :).
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2571 on: December 23, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »
Ugh. My head. It feels like a troll is trying to break my skull from the inside. Maybe I shouldn't have worked this much...

On the plus side, my Secret Santa is almost done!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2572 on: December 23, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »
Ugh. My head. It feels like a troll is trying to break my skull from the inside. Maybe I shouldn't have worked this much...

Nuuuuuu don't let a troll burst out of your head!!! You're too young! Tooooo yooouuuung! ,8___8,
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2573 on: December 23, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »

ohhh noo, poor nimphy.
*sendinghealingwavestoItaly*
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2574 on: December 23, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »
Woah, I'm guessing you put tape on the bristles to get them out?  That sounds like a hardcore pet, Heh.   
My sister's roommate had a pet rat named Moo, and she brought him over once.  He was cool, no biting, he just like to scamper around and climb on peoples' shoulders.  I think the name came from the brown spots on his white coat.

Yeah, duct tape is the most effective remedy for bristles. The first time, I scratched them too much, so I couldn't get them out, but I know how to deal with it now.

Oh sweet you. Don't let the trolls get you! Fight them off with sleep and water!
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2575 on: December 23, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »
Awww thanks guys, I feel better and no troll bursted through my head. So good night everyone, and a Merry Early Christmas to you!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2576 on: December 23, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »
Awww thanks guys, I feel better and no troll bursted through my head. So good night everyone, and a Merry Early Christmas to you!
Glad you're feeling better.  Christmas Eve start in 4 hours over here!  :D
Time to get pumped!

Yeah, duct tape is the most effective remedy for bristles. The first time, I scratched them too much, so I couldn't get them out, but I know how to deal with it now.

Oh sweet you. Don't let the trolls get you! Fight them off with sleep and water!
Is there anything that blessed tape can't do?  I would never have thought "Tarantula bristle removal" would be on the list of things it can do.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2577 on: December 23, 2014, 08:56:24 PM »
Glad you're feeling better.  Christmas Eve start in 4 hours over here!  :D
Time to get pumped!
Aggghhhh already halfway through Christmas Eve here, our plans to finish the irrigation before tomorrow have been stalled by weird pipes.....I'll probably be finishing it tomorrow lol ;____; and maybe the next day (my sisters birthday hahaha)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2578 on: December 24, 2014, 12:22:17 AM »
So... I was finishing up on drawing a tutorial on Braidy's clothing (for tumblr), when my mom walked in, looked at my computer screen and was like, "What're you doing?" It was hard trying to explain to her how someone had asked me to explain how to draw this character's clothes for them, but it wasn't my character, it was a character from "the webcomic" (she doesn't remember titles very well), who has only appeared in one scene and only close-up full-bodied in one panel, which made it hard to really understand the character's outfit... Also while trying to explain that drawing clothes is really not my thing, and I was only doing the tutorial to be polite......*sigh* She got so confused.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2579 on: December 24, 2014, 12:33:14 AM »
Finished! I think! Just waiting for our pick up now....gosh were so parched that were considering drinking the tree's water from the pipes.......must....resist.... ;___;
And my fingers are splitting...nuuuu....they'll look so purdy fer santy termerrew... ;P

Edit: not finished. We've gotta come back either before or after Christmas family lunch. Uuuuuuuggggghhhg. >:(