Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2388016 times)

Hrollo

• Ranger
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #2385 on: December 13, 2014, 01:36:51 PM »
That's happened to me before though--it's like suddenly your brain speaks a different language, one that your conscious mind can't interpret. It is actually a form of hallucination, just not a visual/auditory/outwardly-sensory one. Sometimes they just happen, more often they're triggered by something--stress, an emotional crisis (which you can have without being aware of it btw *points to the conversations of the past few pages*), a change in body chemistry like being sick or changing your diet or (in women) hormone changes depending on the time of month. Going through a growth spurt, being deficient in some substance your body needs, the changes in neurotransmitter levels that come with being under some sort of stress... Catch my drift?

Well, I can't think of anything that has changed recently. I can think of factors that could have triggered this episode, but they've been present for months or for years.

Anyway, it didn't happen again last night, although I had equal troubles falling asleep. I'll see how it goes.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #2386 on: December 13, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
Ah, I want to chat with y'all. 
Though, even if I had the opportunity, I'd probably wait until the house was empty.  If my parents heard me talking with online friends, they might actually melt into pools of lava.

Funnily enough, I have the sneaking suspicion mine would do the same.

1) Never listen to Fenris
2) Sometimes, do listen to Fenris
3) Only listen to Fenris when he tells stories
4) Trust cats about math, not wolves
5) Never pretend to be a Swede with Danes
6) Never trust a friendly salesman

The last two sound like some sort of proverbs.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #2387 on: December 13, 2014, 02:41:48 PM »

The last two sound like some sort of proverbs.

Whatever they are, they are so true.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #2388 on: December 13, 2014, 02:53:59 PM »
Whatever they are, they are so true.

The first three are actualy my favorite rules. Even though with n. 2 it becomes kinda confusing.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2389 on: December 13, 2014, 03:21:43 PM »
The first three are actualy my favorite rules. Even though with n. 2 it becomes kinda confusing.

After he recommended me some really nice music, I will do with rule 3b) Listen to Fenris, if he talks about Folk metal :D

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2390 on: December 14, 2014, 02:54:32 PM »
(We know he was raised by wolves feral cats, but has the kid never heard of knocking?)
Chances are that the silent scout did hear it on some occasion, and sort of remembers it like this. ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Nimphy

« Reply #2391 on: December 14, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »
My tablet finally decided that "Tuomi" is a real word. Good to know.

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2392 on: December 14, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »
My tablet finally decided that "Tuomi" is a real word. Good to know.

noooo, you're not addicted. *chuckles*

My tablet has been lying in the corner for a long time since I started practicing languages...

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #2393 on: December 14, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »
noooo, you're not addicted. *chuckles*

My tablet has been lying in the corner for a long time since I started practicing languages...

Did I mention that Youtube has started showing me commercials in Norwegian?

And my poor tablet is really confused. It does not know what language my word suggestiona should be in. Sometimes it's Italian, sometimes English, sometimes German. I dread the day where I'll start using other languages to write on this thing.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2394 on: December 14, 2014, 09:22:48 PM »
And my poor tablet is really confused. [...] I dread the day where I'll start using other languages to write on this thing.
Be careful to skip the lesson introducing Seppuku when you start with Japanese. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2395 on: December 15, 2014, 06:14:48 AM »
Mine would freak out if they found out:
a) I'm not actually texting, I'm just browsing the internet.
Gosh knows what they'd do if they discovered:
b) Amidst my browsing I TALK to people! On the INTERNET!
*catastrophe sirens*
OAO

Agh, I booked an appointment at the doctor's to get a blood test. Finally. The doc's been avoiding/dissuading me out of it for aaaaaaages but HA HA! I GOT YOU NOW DOC! YOU CANT ESCAPE.
Have I mentioned that I don't particularly love my local doctor...? :/ Like, she's ok. But...not.
I can't wait to show her the scar from where she incorrectly bandaged my stitches "together" ohoho~
I wonder if she'll actually do the blood test herself...or will she surprise me and let the novice (albeit adorable) med student do it instead? It only took him eigHt TRies to put in tHree stitches, I'm sure he's had plenty of practice since then so inserting ONE needle ONCE should be FINE. [/rant]

Ah, I'm sorry folks, I just needed to express that for no reason u___u
But I am quite nervous about the blood test. I've never had one before. Are they ok? Horrible? Bearable? Noticeable?
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #2396 on: December 15, 2014, 06:21:16 AM »
Mine would freak out if they found out:
a) I'm not actually texting, I'm just browsing the internet.
Gosh knows what they'd do if they discovered:
b) Amidst my browsing I TALK to people! On the INTERNET!
*catastrophe sirens*
OAO

Agh, I booked an appointment at the doctor's to get a blood test. Finally. The doc's been avoiding/dissuading me out of it for aaaaaaages but HA HA! I GOT YOU NOW DOC! YOU CANT ESCAPE.
Have I mentioned that I don't particularly love my local doctor...? :/ Like, she's ok. But...not.
I can't wait to show her the scar from where she incorrectly bandaged my stitches "together" ohoho~
I wonder if she'll actually do the blood test herself...or will she surprise me and let the novice (albeit adorable) med student do it instead? It only took him eigHt TRies to put in tHree stitches, I'm sure he's had plenty of practice since then so inserting ONE needle ONCE should be FINE. [/rant]

Ah, I'm sorry folks, I just needed to express that for no reason u___u
But I am quite nervous about the blood test. I've never had one before. Are they ok? Horrible? Bearable? Noticeable?
I told my mom about the secret Santa, cause she wanted to know why I bought a microphone right before Christmas, and she took it quite well, thankfully.

Blood tests aren't too bad.  I avoid it if I can, because... needles, but they can usually get it over with pretty quick, and then you're free to go (and lie down for a while and nap because they drew blood and you have no energy after that, sometimes).
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #2397 on: December 15, 2014, 06:36:00 AM »
I told my mom about the secret Santa, cause she wanted to know why I bought a microphone right before Christmas, and she took it quite well, thankfully.

Blood tests aren't too bad.  I avoid it if I can, because... needles, but they can usually get it over with pretty quick, and then you're free to go (and lie down for a while and nap because they drew blood and you have no energy after that, sometimes).
Aww your mum sounds so cool from what we've heard :)

I hope it's quick! But she'll probably drag it out -____- Im not sure how much lay-down time I'll get because tomorrow I have to start the irrigation check/repairs, starting with the Hill Block apparently. (Gee thanks dad) The appointment is on Wednesday, which will be Hill Block: Day 2 ::( (each block is about 3-4 days for me and 3-4 people to cover, and there are....about five Blocks. Wah.)
Agh it's been so hot lately, I'm surely going to be fried out there ;__;
Aw man why have I only been moaning and complaining about stuff these past few posts?? Maybe I'll go to bed..... Sleep myself some positivity. ;P
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Lars_B

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Resident Domovai
« Reply #2398 on: December 15, 2014, 07:34:11 AM »
on blood tests:

When I was a kid needles really freaked me out but then I decided to do something about it and started donating blood... turns out it is more or less like vertigo or any other "irrational" fear... not at as bad as my mind told me it was...

Ok... there are lots of things that are nicer to do... but also a hell of a lot of things worse!

=)

You survived the chapter break, this will be easy
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Stumbling trough: :sweden:
:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #2399 on: December 15, 2014, 07:59:20 AM »
Here there's just the needle thingie and to get it done with might be just a few minutes. Then comes the waiting and afterwards the results. I never intiated one to be done but with all the eye testing stuff there must have been results. Also they took results each time I donated blood but they only inform you on severe issues.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information