Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411686 times)

midwestmutt

• Scout
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #17115 on: March 02, 2017, 09:30:37 PM »
Today I celebrate a double anniversary. I took my last drink 21 years ago and my last cigarette 12 years ago. I would not be alive now otherwise. Everything I have learned and everything I have done since my reformation has been a gift. Where once I sat in the bars babbling about what I wanted to do 'one of these days' I am now out there doing it. Thank you, Higher Power.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #17116 on: March 03, 2017, 02:21:19 AM »
Midwestmutt: congratulations and happy double anniversary! Both are indeed worth celebrating. Long may you enjoy your second chances.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #17117 on: March 03, 2017, 02:39:44 AM »
Indeed! Congrats Midwestmutt!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17118 on: March 03, 2017, 10:35:10 AM »
Today I celebrate a double anniversary. I took my last drink 21 years ago and my last cigarette 12 years ago. I would not be alive now otherwise. Everything I have learned and everything I have done since my reformation has been a gift. Where once I sat in the bars babbling about what I wanted to do 'one of these days' I am now out there doing it. Thank you, Higher Power.

Congrats!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #17119 on: March 04, 2017, 10:30:02 PM »
My roommate and I have been engaging in a Disney-princess-level-epic cleaning of the apartment.

Now where are our singing animals, huh?
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #17120 on: March 05, 2017, 03:56:09 AM »
Now where are our singing animals, huh?

Here you go!

/>
 :))

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #17121 on: March 05, 2017, 04:17:11 AM »
i have something better  :'D Successful cleaning!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:19:28 AM by heiteru »
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #17122 on: March 05, 2017, 05:00:42 AM »
Well, I'm in a big city, so... better dogs than rats and cockroaches, I guess! ;D

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17123 on: March 05, 2017, 11:52:58 PM »
I have the same amount of posts as the current year! well, I won't for long, but its still kinda cool
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #17124 on: March 07, 2017, 03:31:06 PM »
...yeah.. I'm going to need to reread the last few pages to get a bit more context as to what's going on.... anyway.. straight from the department of self-promotion I'm here to tell you all about Spamadventure and why You might want to join up in the fun. *music similar to the welcome to yog-labs song begins playing*

So, Spamadventure, in the simplest form it's an RPG similar to SpamKingdom or Spam-SSSS. The general bit is rather than controlling a kingdom or a group of survivors the players are focusing on one character and one character alone. This give's the playerbase a large amount of control over the action. However I as the GM am in a bind, as the number of active players I have are limited in number and could use a couple more active players or so just to keep the likelihood of ties in voting from cropping up... particularly 3 way ties.

If you're interested in joining up, please open up this spoiler tab to read through the recap of events thus far and to reach the link below.

Spoiler: the story of Spamadventure thus far • show

Character-generation started off confusing but the players eventually created Larc, a 13 year old cat-person and she was born under the sign of the wandering star (a comet) and grew up under the watchful care of her 'father' a human. Ultimately after investigating the root cellar and her father's study she found her mother's sword and cloak and after fighting off a rat confronted her father and demanded the truth discovered that she, Larc, is the daughter of a princess third in line from the throne of a country destroyed years ago and that her 'dad' was really the last paladin and guard there to protect larc's mother who ended up dying of a disease when Larc was young.

Bandits attacked, but you know how that song and dance goes, it was part of the tutorial and the MC wasn't gonna kick the bucket just yet. Larc and her father then headed north to find an old friend and companion, accidentally picking up a young Psionic Fox named Aillil as a travelling companion in the process, to her mother Kayla the elf, and Zeke, the mysterious robot construct from the dawn of creation, but then a giant lobster-squid thing attacked and  a panicked flight into the hills resulted. Though Larc's father's landnav skills eventually led them to a place called the "vault of the gods" containing a being that, while looking slightly demonic is quite benevolent, although limited in her capabilities as a planetary guardian.. regardless with minimal effort the mysterious Aliiza destroyed the skyscraper sized lobstersquid with a wave of her hand, actually Larc got to push the button but that's beside the point.

exposition happened and it turns out that the lobstersquid was a herald of the old gods and the capitol of the country had already been consumed and converted by they and their minions, possibly being led by Larc's Aunt, a survivor of the fall of Egren and who at some point became obsessed with restoring her family's kingdom, to the point of deciding that a sacrifice of blood, possibly her little sister, or failing that her niece would do in a pinch.

The party eventually headed north intending to confront Larc's aunt, but after an encounter with mutated guardsmen, and insects the size of greyhounds (thankfully the bugs turned out to be friendly), it was decided "maybe we bit off more than we can chew" and they returned to the vault to regroup, and make a decision on what to do next.

And that's where we are now

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #17125 on: March 07, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »
straight from the department of self-promotion I'm here to tell you all about Spamadventure and why You might want to join up in the fun.
Well now that Solokov has opened the self-promotion door I might as well join in and invite you all to join the fun over at SPAMKINGDOM *inset trumpet fanfare here*. As Solokov said it's an RPG style game (similar to SPAM-SSSS and SPAMADVENTURE) where you and the rest of the players control a king/ruler of a kingdom. Every season there is a new problem(s) that the king must try to solve, but there will also be times where the king must plan battles and go on small adventures (like right now where we're trying to avoid a coup).

Over at SPAMKINGDOM we're unforntaly also low on players, so any new faces are more than welcome to join over here. The rules, map and history of SPAMKINGDOM can be found on my first post on the thread.     

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:14:23 PM by JacobThomsen »
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #17126 on: March 07, 2017, 06:40:33 PM »
Well now that Solokov has opened the self-promotion door I might as well join in

And here I am to complete the triumverate :))

SPAM-SSSS is an overly complicated RPG style game (similar to SPAMKINGDOM and SPAMADVENTURE) where you and the rest of the players make decisions for a settlement of survivors in the SSSS world a few years after the rash-disease apocalypse. Things seem to be going OK at the moment, but who knows when the trolls are going to make another attack, when the Raiders will turn up, or if those friendly guys from the New Swan Colony will turn out to be evil cannibals?

Rounds are ideally twice a week, but the current players will be able to tell you how reliable I am in that regards ;)

New players are always welcome! Come and have a look!

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #17127 on: March 08, 2017, 07:22:10 AM »
Internet not working my apartment. Had to go back to the office just to check my email. Blah.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #17128 on: March 08, 2017, 09:12:22 AM »
I'm going to NOT do any self-promotion today!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #17129 on: March 08, 2017, 10:45:12 AM »
Can I just ask out of sheer curiosity why all the game thread names start with SPAM?