Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387450 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16230 on: August 19, 2016, 08:54:12 PM »
I finally found my AO3 invitation..... I have no idea what to use as a username because I don't necessarily want to use solokov, I also don't want to use any of my old usernames because a couple crazies might track me down.

I'm Spartticus Kaffeinated_krow
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16231 on: August 20, 2016, 10:53:28 PM »
I've been thinking of making a Tumblr so I can follow all the people I awkwardly stalk and maybe post doodles, but I need a username I won't regret and that is too much responsibility for me. *slips into pit of non-descision*

Edit: I broke and used a D&D joke. I can never regret a D&D joke. /sarcasm
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:50:36 PM by Jhev »
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16232 on: August 21, 2016, 02:10:57 AM »
I've been thinking of making a Tumblr so I can follow all the people I awkwardly stalk and maybe post doodles, but I need a username I won't regret and that is too much responsibility for me. *slips into pit of non-descision*

Anything D&D related is ALWAYS a good idea :3c

If you're feeling up to it, you could add your Tumblr to the "other social medias" thread in personal, or add it into your profile so the tumblr link button thing can be under your avatar, that way other forumites can also awkwardly stalk you follow you and check out any neat doodles you post :3

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Solokov

« Reply #16233 on: August 21, 2016, 08:46:15 AM »

Is it a beholder or illithid joke?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #16234 on: August 21, 2016, 03:28:02 PM »

Actually, the nice thing about Tumblr is you can always change your username if you get tired of it. It will break links, but it's nice to know you don't have to be stuck with what you started with. (Says the person who has never changed her username in over five years of using the site). Anyway, I hope you enjoy your Tumblr experience!

If you're feeling up to it, you could add your Tumblr to the "other social medias" thread in personal, or add it into your profile so the tumblr link button thing can be under your avatar, that way other forumites can also awkwardly stalk you follow you and check out any neat doodles you post :3

True story: I always forget about the Tumblr button thing under people's avatars, so it took me way longer than it should have to connect you with your Tumblr account (even though I'm certain I'd seen you clicking "like" on my posts for ages before that.)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #16235 on: August 21, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »
Quote from: Juniper

I probably will whenever I figure out how tHIS WEBSITE ACTUALLY WORKS.
Quote from: Solokov
Is it a beholder or illithid joke?
Actually, it's a very inside joke that no one finds funny but me.
Quote from: Kiraly
Actually, the nice thing about Tumblr is you can always change your username if you get tired of it. It will break links, but it's nice to know you don't have to be stuck with what you started with. (Says the person who has never changed her username in over five years of using the site). Anyway, I hope you enjoy your Tumblr experience!
I'M SAVED (and thanks!)
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16236 on: August 21, 2016, 07:13:03 PM »
True story: I always forget about the Tumblr button thing under people's avatars, so it took me way longer than it should have to connect you with your Tumblr account (even though I'm certain I'd seen you clicking "like" on my posts for ages before that.)
Funny enough I've actually had multiple forumites get surprised when I tell them who I am on tumblr then follow me afterward, so you're not the only one. I think plenty of people overlook or forget about the buttons under people's avatars  :P

And ah yeah your art's so adorable so I've usually always liked or reblogged it when it pops up in the stand still stay silent tag :3

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Solokov

« Reply #16237 on: August 21, 2016, 07:46:44 PM »
.Actually, it's a very inside joke that no one finds funny but me.

Kinda like how during introductions to new members of the group I'm introduced as "and he's the one that missed a dragon with the ceiling."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #16238 on: August 23, 2016, 01:28:39 AM »
Norway has promoted their penguin to Brigadier

I wonder what Sigrun would think of taking orders from a flightless bird? :D
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #16239 on: August 23, 2016, 11:16:42 AM »
Norway has promoted their penguin to Brigadier

I wonder what Sigrun would think of taking orders from a flightless bird? :D

:)) That is amazing! Sigrun probably wouldn't take too kindly to that...
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16240 on: August 23, 2016, 11:49:45 AM »

Nonsense. It's obviously the Most Best Penguin ever.

(Of course, it's an odd choice, given that penguins are strictly souther hemisphere birds)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #16241 on: August 23, 2016, 11:57:06 AM »

Heh, I don't know...I could see her taking all kinds of pleasure in relaying the Brigadier's "orders". "Yes, you have to refer to me as 'Most Best Captain Ever', the Brigadier said so!"
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #16242 on: August 23, 2016, 12:16:39 PM »

I could imagine that, the only missions Sigrun would get if Sir Nils Olav (The Penguins name) was in charge would properly look like this:

1. Get fish
2. Get more fish
3. Did I mention you need to get fish?
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #16243 on: August 23, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »
I could imagine that, the only missions Sigrun would get if Sir Nils Olav (The Penguins name) was in charge would properly look like this:

1. Get fish
2. Get more fish
3. Did I mention you need to get fish?

Mission 4: kill all zee-beasts, they are eating the fish.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Solokov

« Reply #16244 on: August 24, 2016, 12:24:21 AM »
This pretty much summs up my reaction when I realized ragnarok and I (more my doing than his) wrecked the asoiaf timeline a bit too early to have certain characters killed off without contrived circumstances....

/>
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,