Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387304 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16110 on: July 28, 2016, 07:33:59 PM »
Honeybees are indeed awesome! That hornet, however, is both awesome and a little scary. Beautiful though. And I've eaten a Japanese entree that included the fried hornet larvae, and it was good. Not as rich-tasting as locust or witjuti grub, more like slightly sweet prawns without the sea taste.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16111 on: July 28, 2016, 09:18:55 PM »
Not quite nuking from orbit, but go honeybees!

... :o Wow!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #16112 on: July 28, 2016, 09:47:21 PM »
Dear Cthulhu, housemate and girlfriend are at it again. Though she's been the one doing all of the screaming. I even heard her yell "Yes you should treat me like a [bleep]ing princess!" before I finally stepped outside of my room to let them know "Um, I am here and I can kinda hear you guys." I've been on edge ever since I got back wondering if they'll actually come to blows (though really, that's probably just me being paranoid) because if that happens I'll consider myself obligated to interfere. Finally felt safe putting on my headphones after things settled down, only to just about jump out of my skin when a siren went past outside of my window. Fingers visibly shaking from adrenaline crash is oh so much fun.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16113 on: July 28, 2016, 09:54:05 PM »
Dear Cthulhu, housemate and girlfriend are at it again. Though she's been the one doing all of the screaming. I even heard her yell "Yes you should treat me like a [bleep]ing princess!" before I finally stepped outside of my room to let them know "Um, I am here and I can kinda hear you guys." I've been on edge ever since I got back wondering if they'll actually come to blows (though really, that's probably just me being paranoid) because if that happens I'll consider myself obligated to interfere. Finally felt safe putting on my headphones after things settled down, only to just about jump out of my skin when a siren went past outside of my window. Fingers visibly shaking from adrenaline crash is oh so much fun.

Oh boy, I know I'm stating the obvious here but it sounds like what they have is incredibly unhealthy. Sorry you have to deal with that :c you're being very responsible by keeping your headphones out to make sure it doesn't come to blows and being ready to interfere if it does, so good on you for that.

Also, yay honeybees !!! Good little fuzzy friends pollinating all of our flowers and crops c:

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16114 on: July 28, 2016, 09:54:40 PM »
Dear Cthulhu, housemate and girlfriend are at it again. Though she's been the one doing all of the screaming. I even heard her yell "Yes you should treat me like a [bleep]ing princess!" before I finally stepped outside of my room to let

So he should marry her off to a rich noble family in order to cement an alliance?
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #16115 on: July 28, 2016, 10:03:55 PM »
Oh boy, I know I'm stating the obvious here but it sounds like what they have is incredibly unhealthy. Sorry you have to deal with that :c you're being very responsible by keeping your headphones out to make sure it doesn't come to blows and being ready to interfere if it does, so good on you for that.

Also, yay honeybees !!! Good little fuzzy friends pollinating all of our flowers and crops c:

To be fair, they're under a lot of stress right now because they're getting ready to move out, so I have no idea whether this is normal behavior for them. Still, I can't stop wondering lately why society places so much value on romantic relationships that it's considered better to stay in a bad one than to be single (fate worse than death, I know), even if it's for the healthiest reasons in the world.

And yesss, all the yes to the lovely fuzzy honeybees. Pollinating. Giving us all the delicious honey. And killing those... things. *shudders*

So he should marry her off to a rich noble family in order to cement an alliance?

I just laughed sooooooooo much, thank you for that!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #16116 on: July 28, 2016, 10:11:44 PM »
I just laughed sooooooooo much, thank you for that!

All part of our friendly service!

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16117 on: July 28, 2016, 10:49:22 PM »
Is anyone else having issues with Disqus ? Mine signed me out and now it won't let me sign back in.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Róisín

« Reply #16118 on: July 28, 2016, 11:05:45 PM »
Lazy8, that sounds pretty toxic - do be careful! And yeah, I've never understood that 'got to be in a relationship' thing myself. People thought I was weird when I didn't remarry soon after my my first husband died, because of course that's what a widow with five kids does, right?  'For the sake of the children'. I had suitors enough, but none I would trust with my precious kids. So I didn't remarry until my youngest, who had been around three months old when his dad died, was just short of fourteen. And I'm glad I made that choice. The man I finally chose was an old friend who had gradually grown closer, and we've been married now for thirty-some years. We've had rough spots, mostly cultural clashes, but we've sorted those because we talk to one another. Talking to, rather than yelling at, is absolutely vital, to my mind.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #16119 on: July 28, 2016, 11:06:36 PM »
Is anyone else having issues with Disqus ? Mine signed me out and now it won't let me sign back in.

I signed in fine just now, so it's probably your connection.

Róisín

« Reply #16120 on: July 28, 2016, 11:11:12 PM »
Disqus is being a bit flaky here, but my connection is never good.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #16121 on: July 28, 2016, 11:24:27 PM »

I was able to sign in from the comment box but not from the login button.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16122 on: July 30, 2016, 02:04:30 AM »
My future roommate has asked me what my interests are...

>:D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Róisín

« Reply #16123 on: July 30, 2016, 03:20:30 AM »
Piney, what an opportunity! Have fun!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #16124 on: July 30, 2016, 10:30:44 AM »
My future roommate has asked me what my interests are...

>:D

Hee hee!  Another one who can be  assimilated by the Borg show the glory of SSSS!