Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2567179 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16050 on: July 22, 2016, 11:01:13 PM »
I have been trying to get enrolled in an online school for about a month now, but as soon as I got all the documents in, guess what? Student cap met. But all of a sudden the cap was gone? So then we called them and they said they had everything and were reviewing my credits. But then, they said the credits form was incomplete, and after that no one would return calls or emails. Two weeks later, they finally get it. BUT THEN, student cap met. What.

What school, that's sounding suspiciously like a scam.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16051 on: July 22, 2016, 11:22:59 PM »
Quote from: Solokov
What school, that's sounding suspiciously like a scam.
I do at least know it is an actual school since my sister graduated from it, I guess they just currently don't have their crap together.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Solokov

« Reply #16052 on: July 22, 2016, 11:29:25 PM »
I do at least know it is an actual school since my sister graduated from it, I guess they just currently don't have their crap together.

*shrug* maybe they just don't want your money.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16053 on: July 23, 2016, 12:02:16 AM »
At first I thought it was a really neat coincidence that my flight leaves on August 4th at 4:04 PM until while doing some online pre-orientation training that included a unit that went over basics of Korean culture it mentioned that in Korea four is considered a very unlucky number much like the number 13 in Western culture. So if you guys don't hear from me after August fourth it's probably because my plane went down or I died or something =/

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16054 on: July 23, 2016, 12:03:50 AM »
At first I thought it was a really neat coincidence that my flight leaves on August 4th at 4:04 PM until while doing some online pre-orientation training that included a unit that went over basics of Korean culture it mentioned that in Korea four is considered a very unlucky number much like the number 13 in Western culture. So if you guys don't hear from me after August fourth it's probably because my plane went down or I died or something =/

Try and avoid that, m'kay?
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Solokov

« Reply #16055 on: July 23, 2016, 01:13:26 AM »
I'll be sure to warn you if I see any hissing fours.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16056 on: July 23, 2016, 02:04:26 AM »
Oh dear and I can't help think of 404 plane not found. I am not superstitious and it will be fine.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16057 on: July 23, 2016, 02:07:42 AM »
Oh dear and I can't help think of 404 plane not found.

this is really funny to me and I don't know why. Seriously i can't stop giggling
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16058 on: July 23, 2016, 02:17:25 AM »
this is really funny to me and I don't know why. Seriously i can't stop giggling

It gave me a pretty good giggle too ~

Try and avoid that, m'kay?

I'll do my best ;_;
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 08:30:12 AM by Juniper »

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #16059 on: July 23, 2016, 02:29:14 AM »
If it calms you down a bit, my dad used to work as steward for some flight companies. During all his years he caught some unlucky numbers - either flight or build type - and everything went well (asside form one of these flights needing to get interrupted so he could rush to a crying little thing who just decided to fight its way into the world a month earlier than planed).

Hope you'll have a great time in Korea.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16060 on: July 23, 2016, 02:52:17 AM »
I've always found four a good number, myself.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #16061 on: July 23, 2016, 07:09:47 AM »
On munich: cnn had an interview with someone at the scene (apparently they were so hungry for a scoop they were calling the landlines of businesses there) and gonnna spoiler the interview , dunno if the story's pulled or how accurate it is anymore but a witness was

Spoiler:  curiosity kills the mental innocence • show
claiming one of the shooters was shouting "allahu akbar" and aiming at kids in the mcdonalds.

Also said her kid had seen the shooter loading the weapon used while in the bathroom, saw him exit the bathroom and that it was literally because the guy's back was turned to her that she wasn't seen and allowed her and her kid to escape.

....that's all I've got right now other than a link to what sounded like a couple of serbs shouting at a shooter from a building and calling him [redacted]... yeah video got a little dicey with the language and the info that there, at least when I was catching news, that there were two narratives,

Spoiler: hours old info is wrong • show
one that it was an islamist attack, the other being that it was a german nationalist that lit off shot some folks then committed suicide.

Tragedy aside , I highy reccomend watching the latest nu-Trek film....and I will continue to wonder aloud why there isn't a new series (awesome shoutout to Enterprise btw, people bag on it but it was pretty good even with the whole temporal cold war shark jumping).

Anway gonna wander back to the coffeeshop for one last round of trawling the web for news reports before heading back up the mountain.

Updated info

Spoiler: show
10 dead, 21 injured including 3 critically wounded
2300 Police officers, different agencies as well as Swiss and Austrian Police Special Forces were involved
The shooter was an 18 year old Iranian-German
The perpetrator lived for two years in munich, prior to the shooting.
He had no previous criminal record.
Further information on the shooters background has to be further analyzed before being released to the public.

Rumor mill says he may have self radicalized.

That is why I like sticking to facts. Whatever the witness said - today's situation appears different.
The person had no connection to ISIS or religion, quite the opposite. He was a fan of Breivek and former school shootings happening in germany. No matter his motives, this was not needed.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:29:47 AM by kjeks »

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16062 on: July 23, 2016, 08:36:19 AM »
If it calms you down a bit, my dad used to work as steward for some flight companies. During all his years he caught some unlucky numbers - either flight or build type - and everything went well (asside form one of these flights needing to get interrupted so he could rush to a crying little thing who just decided to fight its way into the world a month earlier than planed).

Hope you'll have a great time in Korea.

Aha yeah. I mean I'm not totally serious numbers are numbers but at the same time it's slightly disconcerting . .

I wonder if this might have anything to do with why the flights was SO MUCH CHEAPER than the other ones seriously this one was anywhere from half to a third of the price of other flights o was finding. Probably not but I guess if anything that should mean the number four has been good luck with this flight so far that I was able to find such a bargain.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #16063 on: July 23, 2016, 09:29:06 AM »
Aha yeah. I mean I'm not totally serious numbers are numbers but at the same time it's slightly disconcerting . .

I wonder if this might have anything to do with why the flights was SO MUCH CHEAPER than the other ones seriously this one was anywhere from half to a third of the price of other flights o was finding. Probably not but I guess if anything that should mean the number four has been good luck with this flight so far that I was able to find such a bargain.

I forgot which number it is, but turkish airlines leaves one number out of their seat rows in order not to force anyone to pick a bad seating position. If an entire company takes care of numbers, why not make a flight more attractive by considering it does not appeal to a large number of people :)

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #16064 on: July 23, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »
Whatever the witness said - today's situation appears different.
Which includes the initially reported two additional perpretrators, which eyewitnesses had reported as "driving away at high speed" (that one might even still be correct) and "carrying rifles", and which were later found, questioned, and fully cleared by the police.

It also includes various reports of additional incidents/shootings all over the city, apparently even one reported by a local newspaper to have taken place near their offices and have lead to their evacuation. Bleh.

Police is not entirely sold on "no connection to islamism/ISIS", though. Remember that they didn't find such connections with the guy in Nice until about two days after, either.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15