Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411575 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16035 on: July 21, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »
At work I have a flannel shirt and a hat to wear when the AC is cranking. Oh the joys of electronics...

The classroom where my summer class is held has this same problem. It's windowless and in the basement, so it was always going to be cooler there than anywhere else in the building, but the AC is always on full-blast and no one has the power to change it. My professor even offered to store blankets in her office if anyone wanted to bring them to class!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #16036 on: July 22, 2016, 12:24:38 AM »
Meanwhile here it was a surprising 10 degree celsius.

Summer is over I guess.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #16037 on: July 22, 2016, 12:44:50 AM »
(This one goes out to Haiz) Look at the views on this thread:

:D Ah, that is a nice round number.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16038 on: July 22, 2016, 09:25:58 AM »
Meanwhile here it was a surprising 10 degree celsius.

Summer is over I guess.

Not here.  We're expecting a high of 33 here today, warmer over the weekend.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16039 on: July 22, 2016, 11:17:37 AM »
We've had five days when it actually got hot, though still with cold nights. Today and tonight it was back to freezing - had to take my stuff for tomorrow's market over to the market hall in sub-zero temps and sleet. Hope my flowers last the night in the cold hall.  There's another stock alert too. Rough on the new lambs.

I don't mind the temperatures, but in this damp humid cold everything I have ever broken aches, and I don't care for that at all.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #16040 on: July 22, 2016, 01:11:06 PM »
(This one goes out to Haiz) Look at the views on this thread:

:D Ah, that is a nice round number.

*smiles contentedly* That makes me happy, too.
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16041 on: July 22, 2016, 02:53:34 PM »

This thing (with disco music) just floated by the window. I did smile, but at the same time I wonder at their safety margins, they were kiinda heavy in the back.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:55:55 PM by Unlos »

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #16042 on: July 22, 2016, 04:02:33 PM »
Any Minnions in Munich? Are you OK, if so?

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #16043 on: July 22, 2016, 05:25:04 PM »
According to the map, none lives there. But you never know, alas...
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #16044 on: July 22, 2016, 05:30:45 PM »
I have friends there but all of them including their families and friends are safe.

Edit: circumstances in munich still are tricky since they are not sure if they have found the culprit or not and if there have been more than one people.

What makes me especially sad is that this happens while it is the aniversary of the breivik shootings. Not to mention what else is happening right now all over the world. Sometimes mankind makes me very sad. I am happy to have positive events and people to look forward to.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:37:45 PM by kjeks »
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #16045 on: July 22, 2016, 05:33:16 PM »
Good to hear.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #16046 on: July 22, 2016, 06:25:32 PM »
Edit: circumstances in munich still are tricky since they are not sure if they have found the culprit or not and if there have been more than one people.
Info currently seems to have stabilized on three perpetrators, nine dead, with a potential overlap of one. Nobody arrested so far, in the order of 20 injured. No indication of motives yet, either.

Edit to add: One person arrested at the airport in an independent "threatening" scenario.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #16047 on: July 22, 2016, 10:11:21 PM »
Ugh looks like I have to participate in a business party my dad is hosting. and sadly I cannot just sneak out because my parents were not happy when I did that last time... Ah well guess I'll just sit in the corner with a book. #introvertproblems :))
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16048 on: July 22, 2016, 10:33:24 PM »
On munich: cnn had an interview with someone at the scene (apparently they were so hungry for a scoop they were calling the landlines of businesses there) and gonnna spoiler the interview , dunno if the story's pulled or how accurate it is anymore but a witness was

Spoiler:  curiosity kills the mental innocence • show
claiming one of the shooters was shouting "allahu akbar" and aiming at kids in the mcdonalds.

Also said her kid had seen the shooter loading the weapon used while in the bathroom, saw him exit the bathroom and that it was literally because the guy's back was turned to her that she wasn't seen and allowed her and her kid to escape.

....that's all I've got right now other than a link to what sounded like a couple of serbs shouting at a shooter from a building and calling him [redacted]... yeah video got a little dicey with the language and the info that there, at least when I was catching news, that there were two narratives,

Spoiler: hours old info is wrong • show
one that it was an islamist attack, the other being that it was a german nationalist that lit off shot some folks then committed suicide.

Tragedy aside , I highy reccomend watching the latest nu-Trek film....and I will continue to wonder aloud why there isn't a new series (awesome shoutout to Enterprise btw, people bag on it but it was pretty good even with the whole temporal cold war shark jumping).

Anway gonna wander back to the coffeeshop for one last round of trawling the web for news reports before heading back up the mountain.

Updated info

Spoiler: show
10 dead, 21 injured including 3 critically wounded
2300 Police officers, different agencies as well as Swiss and Austrian Police Special Forces were involved
The shooter was an 18 year old Iranian-German
The perpetrator lived for two years in munich, prior to the shooting.
He had no previous criminal record.
Further information on the shooters background has to be further analyzed before being released to the public.

Rumor mill says he may have self radicalized.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:48:31 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #16049 on: July 22, 2016, 10:55:49 PM »
Why is it every time I look at the news some tragedy has occurred. Sympathies for Munich.

Quote from: Luth Nightbreeze
Ugh looks like I have to participate in a business party my dad is hosting. and sadly I cannot just sneak out because my parents were not happy when I did that last time... Ah well guess I'll just sit in the corner with a book. #introvertproblems :))
Ahhh, problems I know well. I have recently survived my own party, mainly by sitting in the corner. Though I did play pool with an eight-year-old who did not know how to play pool (disclaimer: I do not know how to play pool), so there was some entertainment.
Quote from: Solokov
Tragedy aside , I highy reccomend watching the latest nu-Trek film....and I will continue to wonder aloud why there isn't a new series (awesome shoutout to Enterprise btw, people bag on it but it was pretty good even with the whole temporal cold war shark jumping).
I think there is going to be a new series, next year if I am not mistaken. I think it was originally only going to be on CBS all access, which I believe you have to pay for, but it might be going straight to Netflix now (which you also have to pay for yes, but much more people have access to it). Don't quote me on any of that though. Speaking of Netflix, if anyone feels the need to watch a slightly unsettling paranormal mystery kind of thing, Stranger Things is very good. I'm only on episode 5, but I am surprisingly pleased with it.

I have been trying to get enrolled in an online school for about a month now, but as soon as I got all the documents in, guess what? Student cap met. But all of a sudden the cap was gone? So then we called them and they said they had everything and were reviewing my credits. But then, they said the credits form was incomplete, and after that no one would return calls or emails. Two weeks later, they finally get it. BUT THEN, student cap met. What.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway: