Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409453 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16020 on: July 20, 2016, 01:10:19 PM »
I'm about 80% positive that my roommate is actually a reptile of some sort. First of all he likes to keep the apartment unbearably warm even in the middle of summer. At first I thought this was just him trying to save on the energy bill and I didn't mind because that'd mean a lower energy bill for me too, except he gives me rides places and he always keeps his car unbearably hot too ? And he has a really nice and newer car that definitely has working air conditioning. Then mutual friends confirmed that yes, year round he always keeps his apartment and car unbearably warm even in the dead of summer.

Then there's the fact that I'm not sure if he actually eats or not. The kitchen is right outside my room so I can hear every time he goes into the kitchen to eat, which is only every few days or so =/ this can be confirmed by the fact that he never makes dirty dishes, whenever I put stuff in the dishwasher it's all only dishes that I've used, and he's not just washing them as soon as he uses them because we don't have regular dish soap or a dish scrubby brush or a drying rack, just the dishwasher. So I'm starting to become genuinely concerned that he only eats every few days, like a reptile. or maybe it's because he works about 10 hours every day and probably just eats at work

So, my roommate is a lizard ? ?

...Well then. I never believed in Reptilians, but now I'm starting to wonder. ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16021 on: July 20, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »
...Well then. I never believed in Reptilians, but now I'm starting to wonder. ;p
He's probably definitely a reptilian. Maybe when his kind enslaves the human race he'll have mercy on me for being a good roommate and feeding his cat for him when he goes on vacation.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:38:45 PM by Juniper »

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16022 on: July 20, 2016, 01:36:31 PM »
I'm about 80% positive that my roommate is actually a reptile of some sort. First of all he likes to keep the apartment unbearably warm even in the middle of summer. At first I thought this was just him trying to save on the energy bill and I didn't mind because that'd mean a lower energy bill for me too, except he gives me rides places and he always keeps his car unbearably hot too ? And he has a really nice and newer car that definitely has working air conditioning. Then mutual friends confirmed that yes, year round he always keeps his apartment and car unbearably warm even in the dead of summer.

Then there's the fact that I'm not sure if he actually eats or not. The kitchen is right outside my room so I can hear every time he goes into the kitchen to eat, which is only every few days or so =/ this can be confirmed by the fact that he never makes dirty dishes, whenever I put stuff in the dishwasher it's all only dishes that I've used, and he's not just washing them as soon as he uses them because we don't have regular dish soap or a dish scrubby brush or a drying rack, just the dishwasher. So I'm starting to become genuinely concerned that he only eats every few days, like a reptile. or maybe it's because he works about 10 hours every day and probably just eats at work

You should ask him. Just say "are you a reptilian?" If he avoids the question then he must be one! :))
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #16023 on: July 20, 2016, 01:44:46 PM »

Air conditioning is eeeeeviiiiiil. Evil I say!

*immediately starts to wonder about self*
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16024 on: July 20, 2016, 02:59:49 PM »
Air conditioning is eeeeeviiiiiil. Evil I say!

Says nobody who's been to Texas ever.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #16025 on: July 20, 2016, 03:30:35 PM »
Says nobody who's been to Texas ever.

No, but I have been to Puerto Rico and Florida and I still thought it was pretty evil then. Because I'm-in-the-*bleep*ing-tropics-and-I-need-a-*bleep*ing-sweater-because-going-inside-feels-like-walking-into-a-freezer. People keep trying to tell me I'll stop hating AC once it gets hot enough, and they're always wrong. Triple digits and humid? I still think the stuff is evil.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #16026 on: July 20, 2016, 03:35:52 PM »
whenever I put stuff in the dishwasher it's all only dishes that I've used, and he's not just washing them as soon as he uses them because we don't have regular dish soap or a dish scrubby brush or a drying rack, just the dishwasher.
Dishes shmishes, there's convenience food that you heat'n'eat in / out of the container you bought it in. Count the silverware in the dishwasher and/or have a look at the garbage. 8)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #16027 on: July 20, 2016, 03:59:26 PM »
No, but I have been to Puerto Rico and Florida and I still thought it was pretty evil then. Because I'm-in-the-*bleep*ing-tropics-and-I-need-a-*bleep*ing-sweater-because-going-inside-feels-like-walking-into-a-freezer. People keep trying to tell me I'll stop hating AC once it gets hot enough, and they're always wrong. Triple digits and humid? I still think the stuff is evil.

Then that means the AC is turned up way too high.  You need enough to take the edge off.

It should never be triple-H *inside*

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #16028 on: July 20, 2016, 04:06:29 PM »
Then that means the AC is turned up way too high.  You need enough to take the edge off.

It should never be triple-H *inside*

Because everyone always insists on turning it up too high! People turn it on here when it's in the 70's! And then set the temperature for the 60's or lower! When there are perfectly feasible ways to keep a house cool without touching the thermostat! That ought to be illegal! Is it any wonder I hate the stuff so much?

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16029 on: July 20, 2016, 04:29:38 PM »
Because everyone always insists on turning it up too high! People turn it on here when it's in the 70's! And then set the temperature for the 60's or lower! When there are perfectly feasible ways to keep a house cool without touching the thermostat! That ought to be illegal! Is it any wonder I hate the stuff so much?

To tell you the truth, I'm the sort of person who would do that... Even 70 is too hot for me, I like it in the 60s or lower... ::)
I actually had to use a Fahrenheit to celsius translator to understand what you said :V
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #16030 on: July 20, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »
Low 70's I'd open a window.  High 70's...window and fan. But that's kind of the limit for in the house.

(For those of you living in the civilized world (i.e. not in the USA) 70F is about 21, 80F is about 27C)

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #16031 on: July 20, 2016, 09:44:03 PM »
*comes out of room to ask housemate to take his laundry out of the dryer so I can use it*

*hears housemate having a screaming fight with his girlfriend*

*quietly retreats into own room and puts headphones back on*

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16032 on: July 20, 2016, 10:18:58 PM »
*comes out of room to ask housemate to take his laundry out of the dryer so I can use it*

*hears housemate having a screaming fight with his girlfriend*

*quietly retreats into own room and puts headphones back on*

Yikes D:

My first year of university when I was living in the dormitories I had a girl who lived above me who even though our dorms were not co-ed her boyfriend was still a squatter in her room and they would fight CONSTANTLY. Like screaming at each other 24/7 for months. They'd slam doors and stuff on my walls would rattle despite being cinder block walls. We called campus police on them a few times except one time that campus police came to talk to them the guy jumped out of their second story window to avoid getting in trouble with the police and broke his leg.

Then that same year living down the hall from me was two sisters sharing a room and their fights would get really out of hand to the point of where one night one of the sisters was actually arrested for domestic violence.

Living in the dorms was so wild. Glad I never have to do that again.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #16033 on: July 20, 2016, 10:26:07 PM »
Yikes D:

My first year of university when I was living in the dormitories I had a girl who lived above me who even though our dorms were not co-ed her boyfriend was still a squatter in her room and they would fight CONSTANTLY. Like screaming at each other 24/7 for months. They'd slam doors and stuff on my walls would rattle despite being cinder block walls. We called campus police on them a few times except one time that campus police came to talk to them the guy jumped out of their second story window to avoid getting in trouble with the police and broke his leg.

Then that same year living down the hall from me was two sisters sharing a room and their fights would get really out of hand to the point of where one night one of the sisters was actually arrested for domestic violence.

Living in the dorms was so wild. Glad I never have to do that again.

Yikes okay that puts things into perspective. This wasn't so bad, just awkward and not something I wanted to listen to. At least it didn't sound like they were about to come to blows. :-\

I always asked for substance free/quiet living housing when I was in undergrad, and I'm glad that I did. Could be kind of awkward to be immersed in a mostly Christian community, but worth it to get a good night's sleep.

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #16034 on: July 21, 2016, 10:47:24 AM »
Low 70's I'd open a window.  High 70's...window and fan. But that's kind of the limit for in the house.

(For those of you living in the civilized world (i.e. not in the USA) 70F is about 21, 80F is about 27C)

Living on the lake when there's a good SW breeze blowing we just open the front and back doors and the upstairs windows. That works up to 81 - 83F, 27 - 29C. Beyond that we start with the ACs but those are set to the high 70s. At work I have a flannel shirt and a hat to wear when the AC is cranking. Oh the joys of electronics...
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams