Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410127 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15945 on: July 08, 2016, 01:41:40 AM »
Iiii don't recall having any weird paranormal experiences that prompted creepy poetry, so my guess is that I was just a weird kid who wanted to be edgy and cool. Though if that's the case I could have at least had the decency to make it into a proper haiku.

not that you remember at least *cough*

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15946 on: July 08, 2016, 01:50:03 AM »

*whispers* silence will fall...
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #15947 on: July 08, 2016, 01:56:55 AM »
Quote from: Juniper
Quote from: Luth Nightbreeze
*whispers* silence will fall...

I WAS ABOUT TO GO TO SLEEP, YOU GUYS.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #15948 on: July 08, 2016, 02:04:48 AM »

I WAS ABOUT TO GO TO SLEEP, YOU GUYS.

:'D sorry, couldn't help myself!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #15949 on: July 08, 2016, 04:42:38 PM »
THE CARD READER AT WORK WENT WONK

WHO DESIGNED THIS!!!!!!!!
you'll know where to find me.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15950 on: July 09, 2016, 10:23:40 PM »
Hey do you guys ever get friend crushes ? You just see someone around and you're like "dang that person is super cool I REALLY want to be their friend !"

Also, whenever I check the 'who's online' thing and I see someone else also checking who's online it feels a bit like this

I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #15951 on: July 09, 2016, 10:39:48 PM »
Hey do you guys ever get friend crushes ? You just see someone around and you're like "dang that person is super cool I REALLY want to be their friend !"

Also, whenever I check the 'who's online' thing and I see someone else also checking who's online it feels a bit like this

Yes! Quite often actually! Sometimes it pans out and I make a friend for real, and sometimes it doesn't. That, or I have no hope anyway because they're a fictional character T-T
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #15952 on: July 09, 2016, 10:45:29 PM »

Haha, yep. That's how I used to feel about some of my closest friends, before I got to know them. "Oh noooo I want to be pals but they're so cool, what do?" Pfffft. It's funny how well things work out, sometimes.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #15953 on: July 10, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »

True. To both of these things. (When I'm looking at the users online I always feel like someone's watching me watching them on the users online thing.  :P)

Sometimes when I'm trying to be someone's friend like that I'm afraid I get too enthusiastic when I talk to them or I'm being creepily clingy or whatever. It's weird because I have two modes:
1- Super antisocial ball of flustered anxiety
2- Super social clingy person that tries too hard to make friends

And there really isn't anything in between. My established friends have learned to deal with it, I think, but I do worry about how I seem to people who don't know me yet when I'm too enthusiastic.
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #15954 on: July 10, 2016, 07:28:53 PM »
It's weird because I have two modes:

And there really isn't anything in between. My established friends have learned to deal with it, I think, but I do worry about how I seem to people who don't know me yet when I'm too enthusiastic.
I'm not alone!!!
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #15955 on: July 10, 2016, 08:07:55 PM »
True. To both of these things. (When I'm looking at the users online I always feel like someone's watching me watching them on the users online thing.  :P)

Sometimes when I'm trying to be someone's friend like that I'm afraid I get too enthusiastic when I talk to them or I'm being creepily clingy or whatever. It's weird because I have two modes:

I'm not alone!!!
I think this is what I would be if I managed to be fully social, rather than hiding around a corner like a scaredy-cat.
I think I get Mentor Crushes more often.  But that would make them a friend too...
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #15956 on: July 11, 2016, 11:54:20 AM »

My ace-aro buddy calls this a 'squish'. You get one when someone is so intensely cool you want to be their friend so badly that it hurts. Of course this applies to people who ain't aro or ace or both.
As an interesting side-note, most of the people who have been my besties over the years have been ace-aro. I think I attract them, like moths and candles.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15957 on: July 11, 2016, 11:56:11 AM »
I used my day off to finally watch Fury road and I did love Furiosa and the war grannies but - but I had forgotten that I usually find car chases and melee fights deathly boring. Ohhh dear, and the movie is 95% car chases and melee fights. *Facepalm* Why did I not realize this, I really wanted to like it and I am so sorry, I feel like such a traitor now.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #15958 on: July 11, 2016, 12:03:52 PM »
I used my day off to finally watch Fury road and I did love Furiosa and the war grannies but - but I had forgotten that I usually find car chases and melee fights deathly boring. Ohhh dear, and the movie is 95% car chases and melee fights. *Facepalm* Why did I not realize this, I really wanted to like it and I am so sorry, I feel like such a traitor now.

*laughs* Nah, you're not a traitor. It just wasn't your cup of tea. (And I say this as someone who loves Fury Road to pieces.)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #15959 on: July 11, 2016, 12:21:08 PM »
I'm going to highly recommend that anyone who goes to Tallinn eat at Olde Hansa.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: