Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387713 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15870 on: July 01, 2016, 05:06:59 PM »
So uh, there's now three counties in Florida that have declared a state of emergency because of how out of control the algae is there right now.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #15871 on: July 01, 2016, 11:33:42 PM »
So uh, there's now three counties in Florida that have declared a state of emergency because of how out of control the algae is there right now.

Which kind of algae? The one that clutters beach and decomposes while producing deadly amount of hydrogen sulfide gaz, or the one that just naturally ooses neurotoxins?
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15872 on: July 02, 2016, 12:09:31 AM »
Which kind of algae? The one that clutters beach and decomposes while producing deadly amount of hydrogen sulfide gaz, or the one that just naturally ooses neurotoxins?

Heck if I know, I just know there's algae everywhere and it's causing a lot of problems =P

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #15873 on: July 02, 2016, 02:03:10 AM »

Why am I suddenly thinking of Portal 2 where you cause the neurotoxin levels to go "dangerously" low?
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #15874 on: July 02, 2016, 09:31:33 PM »
Yay politics! Sometimes the process can actually work as it is supposed to. None more surprised than I! We've just had an election, and our thoroughly corrupt local Liberal MP (that's the Conservatives, here in Oz) has been decisively rolled. Probably the latest sex scandal was too much even for the local establishment. Now we'll see what happens.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #15875 on: July 03, 2016, 10:03:59 AM »
Yay politics! Sometimes the process can actually work as it is supposed to. None more surprised than I! We've just had an election, and our thoroughly corrupt local Liberal MP (that's the Conservatives, here in Oz) has been decisively rolled. Probably the latest sex scandal was too much even for the local establishment. Now we'll see what happens.

We're about to get a new government as well, possibly. It'd be great if we could get a little more progressive policy in there.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #15876 on: July 03, 2016, 07:32:19 PM »
We're about to get a new government as well, possibly. It'd be great if we could get a little more progressive policy in there.

Indeed. I am shocked and appalled at the amount of support One Nation have got in the Senate. Especially in my state. I hoped we were better than that :(
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #15877 on: July 03, 2016, 08:47:22 PM »
Indeed. I am shocked and appalled at the amount of support One Nation have got in the Senate. Especially in my state. I hoped we were better than that :(

This is a bad year for politics; Trump's got a small army of supporters, Turkey's going crazy thanks to its lunatic PM and Britain left the EU. Conversely, the racists and homophobes and fundamentalists are having a good year.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #15878 on: July 03, 2016, 09:20:22 PM »
This is a bad year for politics; Trump's got a small army of supporters, Turkey's going crazy thanks to its lunatic PM and Britain left the EU. Conversely, the racists and homophobes and fundamentalists are having a good year.
I am constantly astonished by the state of politics these days. On a somewhat related note... I found a Trump hat generator.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

IKEA

« Reply #15879 on: July 03, 2016, 09:46:41 PM »
Oh dear Tr. You gave me a horrible idea...
Spoiler: show

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
« Reply #15880 on: July 03, 2016, 09:58:37 PM »
Oh dear Tr. You gave me a horrible idea...
Spoiler: show

MOST BEST HAT
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15881 on: July 04, 2016, 12:53:29 AM »
I feel like such a creep but ever since I discovered that on the main page you can click on the 'users online' things and see what everyone who is online is doing at that given moment whether they're reading a PM, what thread they're viewing, whose profile they're looking at, ect, I've been finding myself looking at that weirdly frequently because it's neat to be like "hey ! this person and that person are online, ohhhh they're looking at that thread, oh that other person is currently posting in that thread meaning there's gonna be a new post there soon !"

but at any given time there's about 2-3 times more guests online browsing the forum than registered forumites which I find to be a bit daunting for some reason. So many lurkers . . then again I know sometimes I'll check the forum on my phone without bothering to log in so some of it could be others too lazy to log in but just kinda wanna see what's up.

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #15882 on: July 04, 2016, 01:07:31 AM »
I feel like such a creep but ever since I discovered that on the main page you can click on the 'users online' things and see what everyone who is online is doing at that given moment whether they're reading a PM, what thread they're viewing, whose profile they're looking at, ect, I've been finding myself looking at that weirdly frequently because it's neat to be like "hey ! this person and that person are online, ohhhh they're looking at that thread, oh that other person is currently posting in that thread meaning there's gonna be a new post there soon !"

but at any given time there's about 2-3 times more guests online browsing the forum than registered forumites which I find to be a bit daunting for some reason. So many lurkers . . then again I know sometimes I'll check the forum on my phone without bothering to log in so some of it could be others too lazy to log in but just kinda wanna see what's up.

You're not the only one who creeps the online list. ;p I tend to do it when I'm bored. Or if I post something that I think will be especially relevant to a particular person's interest, and want to know when they're looking at it (is that weird? It's probably weird).

A lot of the "guests" are probably bots, though. But I'm sure some of them are also lurkers/logged-out forumites as well.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15883 on: July 04, 2016, 01:54:47 AM »
Yeeah I have a tendency to go and stalk the Users Online list and see what everyone's doing. Mainly to see if anyone is posting anything when I don't have anymore unread topics.

And I'm up really late so:

:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
« Reply #15884 on: July 04, 2016, 02:01:18 AM »

I . . . had no idea one could do this.

-sneaks off to do it-