Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411446 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1785 on: November 25, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »
Oooh, today we had lesson in another class, because some older students had to take a certain First FCE English Test or something similar, and they had to do it in our class. The class we were moved to was actually a laboratory, and it didn't have desks, but those cool stair-seat-desks thingies you see in universities (of course, on a smaller scale, as it was meant for no more than forty students). We had quite a lot of fun, our Italian teacher was happy that she had promoted us all to university already, we played around with some equipment we were not supposed to touch and wondered why the hell it was so uncomfortable staying in these stairs, but all in all it was very fun.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1786 on: November 25, 2014, 05:35:25 PM »
Oooh, today we had lesson in another class, because some older students had to take a certain First FCE English Test or something similar, and they had to do it in our class. The class we were moved to was actually a laboratory, and it didn't have desks, but those cool stair-seat-desks thingies you see in universities (of course, on a smaller scale, as it was meant for no more than forty students). We had quite a lot of fun, our Italian teacher was happy that she had promoted us all to university already, we played around with some equipment we were not supposed to touch and wondered why the hell it was so uncomfortable staying in these stairs, but all in all it was very fun.
Yup, those chairs are never comfy ;___; and they squeak and the desk flips over spilling your books and pens everywhere :/
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #1787 on: November 25, 2014, 07:37:54 PM »
No, I know that. I mean users that were physically online at one time. Like actually browsing the website. If you think of it as number of users, then every time we get a new user it would be a record.
Chance to get more simultaneous users online grows too.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1788 on: November 25, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »
Hehee, in the city today to buy fabric paint and cookie cutters :)
I only wanted to buy a star-shaped cutter but there was a CAT-SHAPED one as well! My sister was examining the knives and knife sharpeners sensed what I was doing and suddenly turned around and said "No." And I held it up to her face "Yesssss."
 "No."
"It's $3.50"
 ".....ok."

So now I can make kitty bickies! X3
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:44:32 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #1789 on: November 25, 2014, 08:53:21 PM »
I should propably make new avatar for this community, to take advantage of the allowed size.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1790 on: November 25, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »
So now I can make kitty bickies! X3

What is that Australian for? ??? I'm assuming some type of cookie. Because cookie-cutter.

We have a whole bunch of different cookie-cutters (or at least we used to), but we only really use them once a year, around Christmas time. And then, only about every other year. I'm too lazy to keep re-rolling dough.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1791 on: November 25, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »
Welp, driving home tomorrow after work for the break.  I needed this one.
I should probably start packing now before it gets late...  *sits with head on desk*

I don't know if I can make it through work tomorrow.  It's going to be murder waiting for the day to finish.
Oh, and I've got this insurance thing that's been sitting un-filled on my desk for a few weeks now... I should probably complete that and send it in...

And that package I ordered ended up in Pennsylvania.  Freaking Pennsylvania.  That's pretty far from SC, Amazon.
Thankfully, it's on its way here, now.  No microphone until next week.   :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:38:49 PM by Eich »
Feel free to PM.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1792 on: November 25, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »
And that package I ordered ended up in Pennsylvania.  Freaking Pennsylvania.  That's pretty far from SC, Amazon.
Thankfully, it's on its way here, now.  No microphone until next week.   

Huh. Something of my mom's once ended up in New Jersey. That's a little far from WA, some other company that's not Amazon. It was weird.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1793 on: November 25, 2014, 11:12:04 PM »
Huh. Something of my mom's once ended up in New Jersey. That's a little far from WA, some other company that's not Amazon. It was weird.
I wasn't even too upset about it, really.  I'm just glad it's on its way here now. 
Mistakes are bound to happen I guess, but what confuses me is that it got within about 20 miles of where I live, and then just pinged off North all of a sudden, on the day it was supposed to arrive.  They were so cloooose!
Feel free to PM.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1794 on: November 25, 2014, 11:27:49 PM »
I wasn't even too upset about it, really.  I'm just glad it's on its way here now. 
Mistakes are bound to happen I guess, but what confuses me is that it got within about 20 miles of where I live, and then just pinged off North all of a sudden, on the day it was supposed to arrive.  They were so cloooose!

Yup. That's what happened. It was almost here when suddenly it decided it would rather go to an identical address all the way on the other end of the country.

Rae

• My grade B buddy
« Reply #1795 on: November 25, 2014, 11:55:03 PM »
I just discovered that the grade C cat puked on my daughter's letter to Santa, and some quilt fabric. The grade B cat would never be so rude as to puke in such a conspicuous place.

The letter is going to be mysteriously mailed overnight.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1796 on: November 26, 2014, 12:43:37 AM »
What is that Australian for? ??? I'm assuming some type of cookie. Because cookie-cutter.
You guessed right: Bickie/Bikkie= Biscuit (sweet or savory) :3

Welp, driving home tomorrow after work for the break.  I needed this one.
I should probably start packing now before it gets late...  *sits with head on desk*

I don't know if I can make it through work tomorrow.  It's going to be murder waiting for the day to finish.
Oh, and I've got this insurance thing that's been sitting un-filled on my desk for a few weeks now... I should probably complete that and send it in...

Thankfully, it's on its way here, now.  No microphone until next week.   :(
Well for a start, you could get some extra sleep ;P Maybe eavesdrop on that funny loud lady at your work to keep your spirits up? :3

That sucks about your package! D8 But it's good that's it's on it's way! Yeah!

I automatically read "WA" as Western Australia..... And thought "a little far? A LITTLE FAR??!" U____U heeeehhh..... What does the American WA stand for? :)

I just discovered that the grade C cat puked on my daughter's letter to Santa, and some quilt fabric. The grade B cat would never be so rude as to puke in such a conspicuous place.

The letter is going to be mysteriously mailed overnight.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! ;___; Maybe say it takes longer to get to Santa by normal post (in comparison to the elf-postal service Santa uses to send replies ;3) so you're sending it earlier?
I know how that feels, once my art teacher's dog peed on mine and my friend's paintings and fused them together and we decided to sacrifice my picture because my friend's was for a fete contest XP she found out....

Rae

• My grade B buddy
« Reply #1797 on: November 26, 2014, 03:32:39 AM »

What does the American WA stand for? :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! ;___; Maybe say it takes longer to get to Santa by normal post (in comparison to the elf-postal service Santa uses to send replies ;3) so you're sending it earlier?
I know how that feels, once my art teacher's dog peed on mine and my friend's paintings and fused them together and we decided to sacrifice my picture because my friend's was for a fete contest XP she found out....

In the US, WA stands for Washington state (northwest coast) which is basically the whole continent away from New Jersey... though where I am, if you just say Washington, they probably assume Washington DC.

Oh I am up stupid late here... so late it starts seeming reasonable to just stay up all night, gah! Yeah, the santa letter is going to be picked up by early elf post :)

That is really terrible about your painting! Eek, dog pee - not quite as bad as cat pee, but still an awful demise for a painting. Hope your teacher apologized!

Have some apple butter (excellent with pretzels) and apple cider caramels - it's part of why I'm up so late.

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1798 on: November 26, 2014, 04:31:22 AM »
In the US, WA stands for Washington state (northwest coast) which is basically the whole continent away from New Jersey... though where I am, if you just say Washington, they probably assume Washington DC.

Oh I am up stupid late here... so late it starts seeming reasonable to just stay up all night, gah!

Huh.. I of course don't know where you're from, but nearly everyone I've met says DC. I haven't neen in NY for long so I can't speak for them, but I think the states surrounding DC call it DC (See? I just did it!)

And also... someone please tell me why I'm still awake. It is 4:30 AM. I've been awake for 21 hours. If anyone's up at stupidly late hours, it's me. Someone send help. I'm afraid of how late I'll wake up tomorrow - ahem - next morning.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1799 on: November 26, 2014, 08:26:53 AM »
Huh.. I of course don't know where you're from, but nearly everyone I've met says DC. I haven't neen in NY for long so I can't speak for them, but I think the states surrounding DC call it DC (See? I just did it!)

And also... someone please tell me why I'm still awake. It is 4:30 AM. I've been awake for 21 hours. If anyone's up at stupidly late hours, it's me. Someone send help. I'm afraid of how late I'll wake up tomorrow - ahem - next morning.

As much as I like the name Washington for our state, it really is confusing for everyone. Most people here call DC DC or Washington DC. The state is always just Washington unless talking to someone from out of state. (Now that I think about it, it might have been any of the New States but New Mexico. That's still an entire continent.)

You should go to bed. I woke up at 4:30.