Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387912 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1740 on: November 23, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »
Noooooo, that was neither you nor a physical body part I was referring to ... 8)
*crawls out from under the table* O-o-okay ;u; *sniffle*

Agggh on a faintly related topic, I have to go to an art exhibition tonight. And wear a dress.
And I don' wannaaaaaaaaaa ;____;

Also, I just saw a picture of a dude on the back of a newspaper who looks like how Emil would ideally imagine himself X'D (but minus the hair ;__;) and I can't stop laughing...! My nose also started bleeding but I swear it's not related ;P
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1741 on: November 23, 2014, 07:11:54 PM »
*crawls out from under the table* O-o-okay ;u; *sniffle*

Agggh on a faintly related topic, I have to go to an art exhibition tonight. And wear a dress.
And I don' wannaaaaaaaaaa ;____;

Also, I just saw a picture of a dude on the back of a newspaper who looks like how Emil would ideally imagine himself X'D (but minus the hair ;__;) and I can't stop laughing...! My nose also started bleeding but I swear it's not related ;P

Wait, what? Is the guy that Emil would imagine himself as bald? (Sorry, "Emil" and "hair" have been irreversibly connected in my mind.)

And yeah, dresses. I feel the same way. Unless it was the art exhibition you were talking about. Hopefully the artwork will make your evening okay, though.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1742 on: November 23, 2014, 07:31:49 PM »
Wait, what? Is the guy that Emil would imagine himself as bald? (Sorry, "Emil" and "hair" have been irreversibly connected in my mind.)

And yeah, dresses. I feel the same way. Unless it was the art exhibition you were talking about. Hopefully the artwork will make your evening okay, though.
Haha noooo, he had a quiff thing going on... I drew some sparkly Emil-hair on him....but I deleted all evidence because it was....just... Not meant for mortal eyes D'X
The dude was in an AFL uniform, posing on some rocks at the beach with stormy lighting, in the hand-ball pose with a football. Here's one from the same photo shoot.

The picture on the newspaper included his feet :P

The exhibition isn't even FANCY! ;___; it's year 11 and 12 art at the school I always wore stockings at.....

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1743 on: November 23, 2014, 08:38:31 PM »
I'm back!  ;D

I got a suggestion to make about the Play by Post thread: Can we somehow put the links to each new game (the initial post with the rules) in the first post so we can find them easily?

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #1744 on: November 23, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »
Hey, it's me. I'm sorry for suddenly disappearing. I'm back now. Ish. I hope I didn't miss anything important.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1745 on: November 23, 2014, 08:52:35 PM »
Haha noooo, he had a quiff thing going on... I drew some sparkly Emil-hair on him....but I deleted all evidence because it was....just... Not meant for mortal eyes D'X
The dude was in an AFL uniform, posing on some rocks at the beach with stormy lighting, in the hand-ball pose with a football.
The picture on the newspaper included his feet :P

Niiiiice.  What healthy, athletic young men Australia produces!  ;) 
Yes, I can totally see that that's how Emil would like to think of himself. 
Other times, because he's so insecure and so OCD about cleanliness, he probably sees himself more like the Stink Spirit from "Spirited Away."
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1746 on: November 23, 2014, 08:56:48 PM »
Hey, it's me. I'm sorry for suddenly disappearing. I'm back now. Ish. I hope I didn't miss anything important.

I'm back!  ;D

I got a suggestion to make about the Play by Post thread: Can we somehow put the links to each new game (the initial post with the rules) in the first post so we can find them easily?

Welcome back, both of you! ;D I was wondering where you guys had disappeared to.

And Sunflower, the image isn't displaying. But that reminded me, I have to go rewatch Spirited Away sometime...

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1747 on: November 23, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
You're a power ranger, along with me, Sunflower, Fimbulvarg, and JoB.
Nimphy is our villain made of cardboard and Styrofoam, come to take over the world.

I'm back!  ;D

Welcome back.  Were you on an outing with ThisCat?  The forum felt weirdly different without the two of you!
The original poster hasn't been around for a while, as far as I know.  I can edit his post, but I'd feel kind of weird doing it.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1748 on: November 23, 2014, 09:02:32 PM »
Niiiiice.  What healthy, athletic young men Australia produces!  ;) 
Yes, I can totally see that that's how Emil would like to think of himself. 
Other times, because he's so insecure and so OCD about cleanliness, he probably sees himself more like the Stink Spirit from "Spirited Away."

Hehehe oh definitely! Poor Emil X'D

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #1749 on: November 23, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »
You're a power ranger, along with me, Sunflower, Fimbulvarg, and JoB.
Nimphy is our villain made of cardboard and Styrofoam, come to take over the world.
Welcome back.  Were you on an outing with ThisCat?  The forum felt weirdly different without the two of you!

Thanks. I need to go to sleep now, but I'll try not to poof into nothing again. Winter's taking it's toll on my emotions I'm afraid.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
« Reply #1750 on: November 23, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »

Maybe I don't understand quite well how games are organized here, but back in the golden days of my school youth I've seen some forums, where a whole board was dedicated to forum games, and each thread contained a single game. Oh boy, there were tons of them!..
Also, posting on those boards frequently didn't affect your post count for some reasons only admins would know.
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1751 on: November 23, 2014, 09:12:37 PM »
Welcome back, both of you! ;D I was wondering where you guys had disappeared to.
The original poster hasn't been around for a while, as far as I know.  I can edit his post, but I'd feel kind of weird doing it.

I was on holiday in the UK for two weeks. :D Did not see ThisCat. :(

Hmmmm. Could you somehow add a post in front of his post? Sort of like a table of contents. Also, seconding curiosity that I've only ever seen games in individual threads.

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1752 on: November 23, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »
Also, posting on those boards frequently didn't affect your post count for some reasons only admins would know.

Oh man, that's weird. I'd only have like 20 posts.
(not too proud that a large majority of my psts are on that thread, but hey)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:25:34 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1753 on: November 24, 2014, 12:19:45 AM »
*is suddenly afraid that Nimphy would come alarmingly close to her own home*O_o

I fear JoB is located closer to me. Caaaalm down Nimphy, eeeeverything is juuuust fiiiiine...
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

coatandbutton

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1754 on: November 24, 2014, 03:16:18 AM »
Hi guys :), I've got a Question and I wasn't sure where to post it...

Is Minna okay with people using her pictures/comic pages as cover art/profile pictures for external sites ?

I created a ARTD and SSSS inspired mix on 8tracks and wasn't sure if it was okay to use her comic art as the cover :-\. With proper credits and sourcing of course. But just to be safe, does anyone know if Minna has said anything regarding the use of her art?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:19:49 AM by coatandbutton »