Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409321 times)

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1695 on: November 23, 2014, 12:14:41 AM »
My little sister does the same thing! With the same song! O___O
Just tell it to her straight, take no prisoners! Your practice trumps her singing hands down!

No... That wouldn't be a good idea. She would get mad. It's too late to sing now, anyway. People other than my sister would also get annoyed. Buuuut... I'm in the big-girl Chior, right? And people have remarked on my exceedingly good sight-reading and redicuously fast memorization skills - which is thankfully well-earned. I'll be juuuuust fiiiiiine. Right

And you're sister does the same thing? That's too funny! My sister, after the seventy-fith rendition, begins purposefully throwing the pitch out of wack. It's pretty horrifying.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1696 on: November 23, 2014, 04:06:20 AM »
*blushes after so many compliments*

Back to you sisters. How old are they? I fear I was always the younger one being nasty though I never sung. I just ran after them wherever they went. Even when they left the house I just tuck to their heels.one of them is seven years older, the other about nine or twelve years?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1697 on: November 23, 2014, 05:18:50 AM »
And you're sister does the same thing? That's too funny! My sister, after the seventy-fith rendition, begins purposefully throwing the pitch out of wack. It's pretty horrifying.
Agh! The horror! O.__O.
She's been singing "Feeling Good" all day (a cross between Muse's version, Bublé's version, and with a heavy Fallout Boy vocal-vibe....) I've told her to "Keep it down! Not at the dinner table!?" But she's like "Ugh! I'm practicing for our set tomorrow!" By "our" she means her band: she has a crush on the drummer, the base guitarist wears her hair inky black and over her face, and loves talking about the inevitability of death, and there's an electric guitar dude that no one remembers...I think his name is Kenny..but I don't think that's his real name... O___O She comes home from their "gigs" and practices ranting how stupid they are and how she wishes they were at University already, to which I reply: "Heeeey, have you ever thought about reading aRTD?" To which she replies "No time. I'll watch the movie. Oh wait. >:P" and then there's an epic stare-off.....

*blushes after so many compliments*

Back to you sisters. How old are they? I fear I was always the younger one being nasty though I never sung. I just ran after them wherever they went. Even when they left the house I just tuck to their heels.one of them is seven years older, the other about nine or twelve years?
*throws more compliment flowers and lollies at Kex*

They're 17 (although we all joke and say she's still 12) and 18 :P the crazy age! D8

How old is your sister StellersJayC? :3
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1698 on: November 23, 2014, 05:35:09 AM »
Just tell it to her straight, take no prisoners!
Yeah, smash a random piece of furniture to assert authority!

And we welcome Sunflower as the forum's 4th Ranger (5th if counting Nimphy).

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1699 on: November 23, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »
And we welcome Sunflower as the forum's 4th Ranger (5th if counting Nimphy).
Whoo! Yeah! Ranger Sunflower! The wild Forum plains feel safer than ever! ^u^
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1700 on: November 23, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »
Whoo! Yeah! Ranger Sunflower! The wild Forum plains feel safer than ever! ^u^

After the next 14 posts of yours we will feel even safer :D

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1701 on: November 23, 2014, 08:58:17 AM »
After the next 14 posts of yours we will feel even safer :D

Provided she can handle the pressure of the limelight.
Can you, OrigamiOwl? Are you ready for the responsibility, the attention, the sheer expecations of such an ... um ... impressive title?

I think I might stop posting when my post count reaches 999 actually. Ranger sounds 10 times more rad than ruler of a derelict airport in my ears. What am I going to do, ride the baggage chutes and race through the empty terminals in perpetuity?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:33:11 AM by Fimbulvarg »

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1702 on: November 23, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Provided she can handle the pressure of the limelight.
Can you, OrigamiOwl? Are you ready for the responsibility, the attention, the sheer expecations of such a ... um ... impressive title?
Methinks we have just found something suitably large to provide us with all the shadow we need to recover in. :D

I think I might stop posting when my post count reaches 999 actually. Ranger sounds 10 times more rad than ruler of a derelict airport in my ears. What am I going to do, ride the baggage chutes and race through the empty terminals in perpetuity?
That sounds like the Forum Thor will eventually have to introduce a "Flight Fright Kitty" level at 990 ... >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1703 on: November 23, 2014, 09:32:53 AM »
Methinks we have just found something suitably large to provide us with all the shadow we need to recover in. :D
That sounds like the Forum Thor will eventually have to introduce a "Flight Fright Kitty" level at 990 ... >:D

You'll be Ranger next. Also there will emerge Problems if Nimphy has to make compromises with rulers of other airports :D

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1704 on: November 23, 2014, 09:36:10 AM »
Agh! The horror! O.__O.
She's been singing "Feeling Good" all day (a cross between Muse's version, Bublé's version, and with a heavy Fallout Boy vocal-vibe....) I've told her to "Keep it down! Not at the dinner table!?" But she's like "Ugh! I'm practicing for our set tomorrow!" By "our" she means her band: she has a crush on the drummer, the base guitarist wears her hair inky black and over her face, and loves talking about the inevitability of death, and there's an electric guitar dude that no one remembers...I think his name is Kenny..but I don't think that's his real name... O___O She comes home from their "gigs" and practices ranting how stupid they are and how she wishes they were at University already, to which I reply: "Heeeey, have you ever thought about reading aRTD?" To which she replies "No time. I'll watch the movie. Oh wait. >:P" and then there's an epic stare-off.....

They're 17 (although we all joke and say she's still 12) and 18 :P the crazy age! D8

Where on earth did she meet these band people? The bassist sounds like a cartoon character.  And how does nobody remember the guitarist?  They usually get over-praised...

I already mentioned how my Sigrun-y oldest sister would break down the doors in song, but she never sang for more than a couple of minutes.  Even if she did, it didn't bother me, it just made me laugh.  :P. I think she's 25 right now?  I'm terrible with remembering ages/birthdays.

@Fimbulvarg, just range the airport!  Or you can put something in you signature... Hmm... Ranger of a derelict airport?  I need one higher than that, maybe the next logarithmic step up from 1000 to 10000.  I can't think of anything suitably cool enough and SSSS related, though.  Any suggestions?
Feel free to PM.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1705 on: November 23, 2014, 09:38:35 AM »
Agh! The horror! O.__O.

Oh dear. I'm so, so sorry. My sister is thirteen.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1706 on: November 23, 2014, 10:41:30 AM »
How very ding dang dong dare you sir  :D
@Fimbulvarg, just range the airport!  Or you can put something in you signature... Hmm... Ranger of a derelict airport?  I need one higher than that, maybe the next logarithmic step up from 1000 to 10000.  I can't think of anything suitably cool enough and SSSS related, though.  Any suggestions?
Oh, it would be as if Tom Hanks the US Army Ranger Captain from Saving Private Ryan merged with Tom Hanks the airport hermit from The Terminal. Except he'd be obese because he'd have to subsist on Toblerone and Vodka from the Tax-Free shop.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1707 on: November 23, 2014, 12:12:41 PM »
You'll be Ranger next.
Yeah, I can feel the gaping abyss in front of me. It's slowly drawing me iiiiiiiiiiiiinnn ... ;)

Also there will emerge Problems if Nimphy has to make compromises with rulers of other airports :D
Technically, the results of airports making compromises with each other are called "flight schedules" ... 8)

[Pictures Nimphys airport setting up a perimeter of anti-air cannons to prevent such insulting interferences as arrivals]
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1708 on: November 23, 2014, 12:35:08 PM »
Technically, the results of airports making compromises with each other are called "flight schedules" ... 8)

[Pictures Nimphys airport setting up a perimeter of anti-air cannons to prevent such insulting interferences as arrivals]

Yeah well, sometimes building a new airport does not need compromising schedules, either there are only six flights during the whole week or it will not finnish until 2018. Maybe Nimphy actually occupies the new BER-airport? *chchchchchchch*

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #1709 on: November 23, 2014, 12:38:44 PM »
Hmph! I shall never share my position as Ruler of a Derelict Airport! You will never get to 1000 posts - I shall make sure of that!

Also, Eich, could you please please please add a couple more tiers? It doesn't feel nearly as satisfying to post when you know that you've reached the top. Plus, in a couple of months of activity I reached 1000 posts. Just imagine what we could do in a year or so.

PS: To be clear, I don't post to gain ranks, I just think it's nice to gain more ranks.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: