Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410545 times)

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1635 on: November 21, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »
Hey! I don't judge you, I'm not a lawyer or anything! I just think you're all stupid! ::)

Oh, come on! Myopia! It's an easy word! Everyone should know it, duuuuuh! It's in middle school science books! Want me to bring up difficult words? Search for supercalifragilistichespiralidoso and practice saying it. And when you're done, try precipitevolissimevolmente.
I have only one word to respond with...
Link

Eich did you take action in the first round of "Twitch plays Pokemon"?
Sadly, no.  I didn't know about it until it was already a few weeks in.  I didn't participate.
Actually, I wasn't playing it as hardcore as I do now.  I only got really into it over this past summer.

My first generation was Crystal/Gold/Silver and you bet I squealed like a little kid when the remake of that came out <3 But I have fond memories of playing the Ruby/Sapphire generation on a pirated Gameboy emulator on my computer deep into the night during high school, as well.
Right there with you on the emulators.  They're a thing of beauty.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:58:02 PM by Eich »
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1636 on: November 21, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »
I just think you're all stupid! ::)
I say - Eich, Kex - younguns these days have no respect for their elders. Not saying we deserve any, but wow.

My first generation was Crystal/Gold/Silver and you bet I squealed like a little kid when the remake of that came out <3 But I have fond memories of playing the Ruby/Sapphire generation on a pirated Gameboy emulator on my computer deep into the night during high school, as well.
It was all about yellow/red/blue when I was playing pokemon.  I haven't played any polemon games since then.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1637 on: November 21, 2014, 04:58:27 PM »
I say - Eich, Kex - younguns these days have no respect for their elders. Not saying we deserve any, but wow.
It was all about yellow/red/blue when I was playing pokemon.  I haven't played any polemon games since then.
I was a bit late on the gaming bandwagon is all :) Used to have to borrow my friend's gameboy to play pokemon; didn't get any kind of video game console until I begged for a PS2 for christmas when I was 15.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1638 on: November 21, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »
Indeed.  Most indeededly.

It'll be hard to get back in, then.  They've added soooo many since then, and it's kind of a turn off for returning players sometimes. 
Feel free to PM.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1639 on: November 21, 2014, 05:00:03 PM »

I was called some things today you would never like to call someone you really don't like ;), being called stupid is somewhat new though *patsNimphyontheshoulder* sometime you'll learn young lady.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1640 on: November 21, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »
They started off the game all pixel-y!  :'D
Memoriiiiieeeees!!
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1641 on: November 21, 2014, 05:12:18 PM »
Indeed.  Most indeededly.

It'll be hard to get back in, then.  They've added soooo many since then, and it's kind of a turn off for returning players sometimes.
Maybe, I tried pokemon black (or white, I don't recall) and had a great time with my team consisting of a rad shades-wearing crocodile, a beefy water/ground type frog guy and a samurai otter monstrosity. I had to put the game away due to work though, and I haven't picked it up yet.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #1642 on: November 21, 2014, 05:13:13 PM »
I was called some things today you would never like to call someone you really don't like ;), being called stupid is somewhat new though *patsNimphyontheshoulder* sometime you'll learn young lady.

Nuuu, you're not stupid, Kex! I didn't mean what I said, waaaaah, I'm sorry, forgive meeee, everyoneeee! I should probably get some sleeeeeep!!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1643 on: November 21, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
Nuuu, you're not stupid, Kex! I didn't mean what I said, waaaaah, I'm sorry, forgive meeee, everyoneeee! I should probably get some sleeeeeep!!

Awww, I think it's past somebody's bedtime.   :)  Here's some warm milk and honey, sweetie.  Now toddle off to bed...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1644 on: November 21, 2014, 05:17:07 PM »

Ohhhh sleeep. That sounds reasonable. Maybe I should try get some, too.
Be assured Nimphy, I have taken no offense ;).

Awww, I think it's past somebody's bedtime.   :)  Here's some warm milk and honey, sweetie.  Now toddle off to bed...

Awww, may I get some milk, too. Pleeeease?

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1645 on: November 21, 2014, 05:21:50 PM »
Maybe, I tried pokemon black (or white, I don't recall) and had a great time with my team consisting of a rad shades-wearing crocodile, a beefy water/ground type frog guy and a samurai otter monstrosity. I had to put the game away due to work though, and I haven't picked it up yet.
Okay, then maybe you would like the newer stuff.  :D
The shades-wearing crocodile is badass.  And, yeah, the samurai otter was a monstrosity... he started off so cute...
If you ever finish that one, and enjoy it, pick up a 3ds and try out one of the ones they have now.  I quite liked Y.
Feel free to PM.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1646 on: November 21, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »
If you ever finish that one, and enjoy it, pick up a 3ds and try out one of the ones they have now.  I quite liked Y.

Funny you should say that, Eich~ because I absolutely HATED Black/White... enough to stop playing around the 4th or 5th gym and not even bother with B/W2... so I was really hesitant to pick up X and Y, but it seems like they solved most of the issues I had with the previous iteration.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #1647 on: November 21, 2014, 05:28:55 PM »
*Comes out of hiding* Is Pokemon that cool? I've never had the chance to play it...
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1648 on: November 21, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »
*Comes out of hiding* Is Pokemon that cool? I've never had the chance to play it...

As my younger brother (20 by now) played it I hated that stuff. Then I saw what people did at "Twitch plays Pokemon". I am so happy, I don't have a gameboy und just stuck to working on my dos-emulator (now whe're back to really ancient times :D). It is not that deep going, but it gets you in a way.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1649 on: November 21, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »
Funny you should say that, Eich~ because I absolutely HATED Black/White... enough to stop playing around the 4th or 5th gym and not even bother with B/W2... so I was really hesitant to pick up X and Y, but it seems like they solved most of the issues I had with the previous iteration.
B/W did have a lot of problems, I'm just not very picky.  Y was particularly good, though.  Plus, they introduced Aegislash is X/Y, who is a lot of fun to play with.

They're quite fun, yes.  I played competitively over the summer a little bit.  They're great for something cute and easy, or something challenging and demanding (and still cute), depending on what you're looking for. 
Feel free to PM.