Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409439 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1530 on: November 18, 2014, 04:41:43 PM »
Where is Ranger level? ;3
Shoulda be 500-1000 posts ...

Maybe someone wants to play forum-chess? If they have a board at home :P
'Fraid I suck at chess. (Then again, I suck at "mighty", "morphin'", and "power", too.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1531 on: November 18, 2014, 04:44:02 PM »

Forum-Risk. Or Forum-Catan. Or Forum-type-out-the-entirety-of-some-really-long-public-domain-book. :P

This is my 1001st post! I am now Ruler of a Derelict Airport! I shall accept your undying adulation, little scouts and rangers down there.

Pah, rulers can't survive without scouts and rangers, anyway, whereas scouts and rangers can survive without other scouts and rangers. *is neither a scout or a ranger*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:47:16 PM by mithrysc »

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1532 on: November 18, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »
That would be six rangers, as the current ones are yourself, ThisCat, and our Thormentor, though. :P

(Artificially bloating my post count? Perish the thought!)
Go ahead and bloat that post count.  You can be the black ranger!
Also, just a thought, is it possible to program the different boards of the site fuse together into a megazord?

Oh my gosh. I watched all of it and cried laughing X'D I still can't stop laughing....Nimphy in that costume.....with those lines...
Where is Ranger level? ;3
"Aaah!  After 1000 posts, I'm freeee!  Time to conquer the forum!"
And, yeah it's 500 posts.

Forum-Risk. Or Forum-Catan. Or Forum-type-out-the-entirety-of-some-really-long-public-domain-book. :P

Pah, rulers can't survive without scouts and rangers, anyway, whereas scouts and rangers can survive without other scouts and rangers. *is neither a scout or a ranger*
Catan/Risk/any of those games would take far too long over the internet...
Oh gosh, members would die mid-game of old age.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1533 on: November 18, 2014, 05:04:15 PM »
That would be six rangers, as the current ones are yourself, ThisCat, and our Thormentor, though. :P

Thor mentor or T(h)ormentor? XD

Also, just a thought, is it possible to program the different boards of the site fuse together into a megazord?
"Aaah!  After 1000 posts, I'm freeee!  Time to conquer the forum!"
And, yeah it's 500 posts.
Catan/Risk/any of those games would take far too long over the internet...
Oh gosh, members would die mid-game of old age.

She'd be all squeaky and too cute, giving us a false sense of security and then WHAM. HORRIBLE DEMISES LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE. That's our Nimphy :P

That's why I suggested chess if anyone had their own board, people used to play it by letter and telegram and over the phone, so a forum wouldn't be too slow. The down side is that it would be mostly dominated by the two players for a looooong time, unless there were multiple games with multiple players going on....hmmm
The PBPost thread handles that okayish...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:05:51 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1534 on: November 18, 2014, 05:10:58 PM »
Then again, I suck at "mighty", "morphin'", and "power", too.

I counted you as the equivalent of 0.5 power ranger I'm joking don't hit me

Gee, I'd sure like to, but I shouldn't even be on the forum at this point. Y'know, exam tomorrow and all. I wonder if there are internet lobbies where one can play games like Risk and Clue and so forth.

JoB

« Reply #1535 on: November 18, 2014, 05:50:10 PM »
Nuuuuu do you have an idea what buying new clothes in my size costs!?

('Sides, we already have a MiB at the office and he's sitting right across the room from me.)
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

JoB

« Reply #1536 on: November 18, 2014, 05:56:46 PM »
Thor mentor or T(h)ormentor? XD
I refuse to answer that question on grounds of that threatening to reset my post count to a stone cold zero. :P

That's why I suggested chess if anyone had their own board, people used to play it by letter and telegram and over the phone, so a forum wouldn't be too slow. The down side is that it would be mostly dominated by the two players for a looooong time, unless there were multiple games with multiple players going on....hmmm
The PBPost thread handles that okayish...
I also refuse to mention that wiki pages can be re-re-re-...-edited without all of their history showing up (unless you want to look at it) on grounds of the owner possibly considering that a particularly nasty trick to get back at her, and trying to exact revenge on me for suggesting it.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #1537 on: November 18, 2014, 05:58:45 PM »
Thanks for making me laugh so hard I literally cried. I just wanted to go to bed, but giggling like this I won't be able to sleep for some time. Now I really want to watch an episode of this seemingly awesome series and imagine you all in the leading roles. :D
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1538 on: November 18, 2014, 06:03:06 PM »
Shoulda be 500-1000 posts ...
'Fraid I suck at chess. (Then again, I suck at "mighty", "morphin'", and "power", too.)

Shoot, and in every other respect you'd be perfect as The Chessmaster...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1539 on: November 18, 2014, 06:13:44 PM »
Hmm, if we go according to my current posting rate, average it to around 200 posts per 3 months (give or take a few, this is by no means 100% accurate), then I'll be ruler of a derelict airport in... 12 more months.

Well. I suppose that's something to look forward to, heh.

I'd be up for a game of chess! Just, not now. I don't have exams as such, but I've got several end of semester school projects that are due next week and I'm sort of panicking but without really panicking. That feeling. I'm dealing with it by repeatedly listening to Cowboy Bebop's soundtrack while doing said projects, and watching anime in my free time. So far finished Bebop, Bebop's movie, Samurai Champloo, and partway through Trigun. Serious panic mode right there. (I deal with things weirdly.)

And aaaaah that Power Ranger's intro *wipes away laughter tears* The 90's was a weird era, mmm. Heheh. *bursts into laughter while imagining various forum members in leading roles*
Am notified of private messages via email.

JoB

« Reply #1540 on: November 18, 2014, 06:16:21 PM »
and imagine you all in the leading roles. :D
I suppose I could muster the Guy Stuffed In Plastic Armor And Blinded By Full Frontal Helmet kung fu and beat up a couple sleepwalk-o-flunkies, but good Lord, that venue's so not my generation ... :-X

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #1541 on: November 18, 2014, 06:25:37 PM »
Ah, stop! I can't anymore, I just can't! My family is sleeping and I don't want to wake the entire house up with a laugh attack!
Also, I've seen the Nimphy thing coming, but the only thing that interested me was the title, and I decided I had the patience for a few more posts.
And, since I've been appointed Record Scout, maybe I'll be Record Ranger, too?
Someone stop me before my imagination runs wild...
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1542 on: November 18, 2014, 06:42:49 PM »
Thanks for making me laugh so hard I literally cried. I just wanted to go to bed, but giggling like this I won't be able to sleep for some time. Now I really want to watch an episode of this seemingly awesome series and imagine you all in the leading roles. :D
And aaaaah that Power Ranger's intro *wipes away laughter tears* The 90's was a weird era, mmm. Heheh. *bursts into laughter while imagining various forum members in leading roles*
Ah, stop! I can't anymore, I just can't! My family is sleeping and I don't want to wake the entire house up with a laugh attack!
S-stop it you lot! We can't honestly look that silly in your imagination.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1543 on: November 18, 2014, 06:51:04 PM »
S-stop it you lot! We can't honestly look that silly in your imagination.

You underestimate the power of our imaginations ;)
Am notified of private messages via email.

JoB

« Reply #1544 on: November 18, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
You underestimate the power of our imaginations ;)
What the heck would you need imagination for when those suits cover up every last bit of the person inside!? ::)

[Asks auntie Google for some imagery]
Umh, how many generations of crews exactly did that franchise burn through, anyway?

... wait. Does this one have an actual cat/tiger theme going on?