Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 158213 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
Bwahahahaha, look at all these Emils :D Just like the old saying goes, the only thing better than an Emil is two Emils, and the only thing better than that is three (at least I'm pretty sure that it's an old saying, and if it isn't it should be!). These are so great and I believe that you are now all under a moral obligation to wear all the Emil-esque clothes and replicate all of Emil's best faces. We are in the middle of a chapter break after all, but this is making me not mind nearly as much ^_^
Imma just post these here for no reason whatsoever *lahdeedahdeedah*

i'm working on a reynir cosplay and i've been trying my wig
That's a really good wig :o did you style it yourself or did you by some miracle just manage to find one which was already Reynir? Actually I don't really know much about wigs (in possession of exactly one), but I think you could do a very good Reynir costume with that ^_^ I look forwards to seeing the rest
also, that's a cool t-shit

I was editing my con photos and randomly came across this one - had already forgotten about it already but Reynir finally found a palm tree. :D
This makes me so happy  ;D Our little Reynir, finally out in the world and seeing palm trees. It is a photo which had to exist ^_^ excellent job, thank you for your continued contribution to the world's awesomeness supplies!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »

I was editing my con photos and randomly came across this one - had forgotten about it already but Reynir finally found a palm tree. :D

Most best. :D
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2015, 07:01:25 PM »

I was editing my con photos and randomly came across this one - had forgotten about it already but Reynir finally found a palm tree. :D

It took a second before I got it, but that's brilliant! Not only one but three palm trees. It must be a happy day for him.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2015, 07:02:25 PM »

I don't think I have nearly a nice enough neck or jawline to pull that one off... ::)

Perfection. ;D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #304 on: July 28, 2015, 07:51:32 PM »
Gwenno, noooo, I'm going to be home alone all day tomorrow and I'm highly impressionably ;__; dangit now I'm going to be closet-cosplaying both femmil AND tuuri

And whoever can pull off the "hehehehe" face the most accurately will earn the title of Ultimate Emil Cosplayer.
I took this as a challenge.

Excuse my trash wig, it's my group's backup Emil, and I had to go along with using it because the Original Emil is at wafflenut's house.

Also, some hair/wig shots because although the wig is trash I was cosplaying Femmil, after all

[insert glitter sound effect]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:04:24 PM by Curry »
YEET

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #305 on: July 28, 2015, 08:10:37 PM »
that is a beautiful wig. It's so long and thick and ... Reynir-y!
(also you kind-of-a-little-bit look enough like Reynir that it works in my head)
correcrion. WAS a beautiful wig. until iruined it by making it extra messy... but i expect reynir's hair to be in a braid for a reason, so i guess it makes an over all goodeffect.
also do i really kinda look like him? lol good to know i could be the shorter vertion of him XP

I was editing my con photos and randomly came across this one - had already forgotten about it already but Reynir finally found a palm tree. :D
XD (i'm laughting more than i should)

That's a really good wig :o did you style it yourself or did you by some miracle just manage to find one which was already Reynir? Actually I don't really know much about wigs (in possession of exactly one), but I think you could do a very good Reynir costume with that ^_^ I look forwards to seeing the rest
also, that's a cool t-s***

i found this 150cm long wig on amazon and when it came i messed a bit up with it and ended just completly ruining it (now is full of weird curls and knots (all my foult tho))
i literally needed help from two friends so i could undo enought knots to make a braid (cos i didn't do a braid yet)
but somehow it quite looks right?
tho i should style a bit the front part, that thankfully will be easyer now that thewig is braided
(so, for a good reynir braid just duck up a surpisongly cheap(at least relatively from how much they cost here) super long read wig from amazon and just ruin it) °H°

i love that shirt too :)

Gwenno, noooo, I'm going to be home alone all day tomorrow and I'm highly impressionably ;__; dangit now I'm going to be closet-cosplaying both femmil AND tuuri
I took this as a challenge.

Excuse my trash wig, it's my group's backup Emil, and I had to go along with using it because the Original Emil is at wafflenut's house.

Also, some hair/wig shots because although the wig is trash I was cosplaying Emil, after all

the last pic
it wins everything
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #306 on: July 28, 2015, 09:10:22 PM »

[/quote]

Definitely nailed it, since no Emil cosplay (gender-bent or not) is complete without sparkles. =P Good b on the facial expression, too. They're really close.
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #307 on: July 28, 2015, 10:40:54 PM »

Most best Reynir and palm tree! :D

Yusssss just yusssssss!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #308 on: July 28, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »

Reynir must be so happy! Though technically, he didn't find them in Denmark  ::)

Am I the only one who thinks these sparkles should be animated? Someone with better computer skills than me, please help!!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2015, 12:10:47 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks these sparkles should be animated? Someone with better computer skills than me, please help!!
Aah it's pretty low quality, but.....

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2015, 04:14:52 AM »
i found this 150cm long wig on amazon and when it came i messed a bit up with it and ended just completly ruining it (now is full of weird curls and knots (all my foult tho))

A wig can still be salvageable no matter how messy it is! I did a little tutorial on how I saved a large hair extension piece that was basically just a knotty, greasy mess when I got it. :)

Also thank you everyone on all your nice comments on my cosplays, I can't reply to each one of the separately but just know they make me feel all warm and happy!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:09:26 AM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2015, 06:15:36 AM »

At last ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #312 on: July 29, 2015, 09:46:10 AM »
Aah it's pretty low quality, but.....

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes! Thank you, my life is now complete!  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #313 on: July 29, 2015, 10:37:34 AM »
I'm so glad you like it AN!!

Goodness me!! There are so many lovely cosplays all of a sudden! It's nice to see all the of the awesome different takes on the characters! There also seems to be a fair amount of suggestions, help, and references going around, which is rad! Maybe it's time for a separate thread for that? Idk idk it would just be kind of nice if all the cosplay help was in its own place

In other news, I too, am back, with more Reynir pictures! I do a bit of sfx makeup, and I couldn't keep away from Curry's bloody draws any longer! I only did Reynir, but there may be more to come, eventually, maybe. I am a bit of a procrastinator tbh

Under the first spoiler is the original draw, then under that is my makeup+cosplay. They are both a bit bloody, so please be warned, and don't look if you aren't comfortable with injuries and gore.

Spoiler: show

I'll never be over those draws tbh. If you haven't seen them all yet (and are OK with some blood), go look, because they are super lovely. ((especially Lalli. ooooooooo I want to do those injuries really bad, but I'm not a very good lalli. i'm kind of hoping curry will let me do it on their face some time))

Seriously, I tried to recreate the above as accurately as I could, and I kind of have a passion for fake blood, so there is quite a bit of it. The placement on several of the injuries is super off but I did do all of the ones pictured in the draw.
[spoiler]
lmao sorry I'm not wearing a binder or any good Reynir clothes. I didn't want to get anything important unnecessarily messy

this is a bad photo of me, but aaaaa look at the skin around the cut

ooh dang look at that bite mark

also!!!!! I made a flower crown, and of course, obligatory blanket selfies

again, sorry that all the injuries are in the wrong places! I should be better about using my references B) Oh well!

[/spoiler]

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #314 on: July 29, 2015, 10:43:40 AM »
Aah it's pretty low quality, THE HIGHEST QUALITY but.....

This is a work of true beauty and I am very tempted to make this my icon. Must.... wait...... a week........

I'm so glad you like it AN!!

Goodness me!! There are so many lovely cosplays all of a sudden! It's nice to see all the of the awesome different takes on the characters! There also seems to be a fair amount of suggestions, help, and references going around, which is rad! Maybe it's time for a separate thread for that? Idk idk it would just be kind of nice if all the cosplay help was in its own place

In other news, I too, am back, with more Reynir pictures! I do a bit of sfx makeup, and I couldn't keep away from Curry's bloody draws any longer! I only did Reynir, but there may be more to come, eventually, maybe. I am a bit of a procrastinator tbh

Under the first spoiler is the original draw, then under that is my makeup+cosplay. They are both a bit bloody, so please be warned, and don't look if you aren't comfortable with injuries and gore.
I'll never be over those draws tbh. If you haven't seen them all yet (and are OK with some blood), go look, because they are super lovely. ((especially Lalli. ooooooooo I want to do those injuries really bad, but I'm not a very good lalli. i'm kind of hoping curry will let me do it on their face some time))

Seriously, I tried to recreate the above as accurately as I could, and I kind of have a passion for fake blood, so there is quite a bit of it. The placement on several of the injuries is super off but I did do all of the ones pictured in the draw.
[spoiler]
lmao sorry I'm not wearing a binder or any good Reynir clothes. I didn't want to get anything important unnecessarily messy

this is a bad photo of me, but aaaaa look at the skin around the cut

ooh dang look at that bite mark

also!!!!! I made a flower crown, and of course, obligatory blanket selfies

again, sorry that all the injuries are in the wrong places! I should be better about using my references B) Oh well!

[/spoiler]

[SCREAMING BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY COSPLAYED MY DRAWING] WHAT THE HECK THIS IS SO COOL ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME PROBABLY I love these so much and wow your sfx makeup is on point?? Just. Insert that good shit meme right here and that's what I'm thinking right now. I will so let you do this to me okay I cannot wait this is a Real Thing that's going to happen
YEET