Author Topic: AI assisted art  (Read 19690 times)

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
Re: AI assisted art
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2022, 02:42:41 PM »
Lwise, the retriever-angel (or angel-retriever) is hilarious!! I believe you've inadvertently created the spirit animal of someone out there!

And clearly the old gentleman in the top hat is the horse's partner in pulling the carriage. They're just taking a break...

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2022, 08:21:15 PM »
Lwise, the retriever-angel (or angel-retriever) is hilarious!! I believe you've inadvertently created the spirit animal of someone out there!

Maybe so!

And clearly the old gentleman in the top hat is the horse's partner in pulling the carriage. They're just taking a break...

You reminded me of this picture from "Five Children and It" (available on Gutenberg.org):

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2022, 09:19:40 PM »
That was a delightful book. I think it definitely counts as early science fiction. The psammead was an amazing creation.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2022, 04:05:29 PM »
I have spent 20 NightCafe credits today trying to get an image of an aircraft carrier turned into a village and it’s useless! It’s either aircraft carrier AND a city, or just a jumble of parts. Irritating.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2022, 04:16:50 PM »
I have spent 20 NightCafe credits today trying to get an image of an aircraft carrier turned into a village and it’s useless! It’s either aircraft carrier AND a city, or just a jumble of parts. Irritating.
The problem is that IRL an aircraft carrier already IS a city (look up how many people it takes to run one).

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2022, 04:25:03 PM »
I know exactly that a Nimniz class fleet carrier has over 5000 people onboard including the Air wing, because I just “researched” them for my Prompt of the Week ficlet. And I wanted to add an illustration, but no such luck.

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2022, 05:18:30 PM »

I tried MidJourney and got this:

I suppose after anchoring near that tiny island, they dredged up and smashed coral to enlarge the island around the carrier so they'd have some land to grow crops on.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2022, 07:27:39 PM »
Thanks! I was trying to get something exactly like this, but no luck. Would you mind posting it on the prompt of the week threas for me?

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2022, 07:34:27 PM »
Okay, but I have another one for you to consider:

This would be some decades later, as the ship breaks down through lack of a drydock to remove barnacles and such.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2022, 07:37:43 PM »
This is even better! Great! What was your prompt? Like I already complained, I got useless results with everything I came up with.

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2022, 07:40:47 PM »
I did it in MidJourney, and the prompt was "village built in and on massive aircraft carrier in mid-ocean --ar 3:2 --no planes".  The --ar part means aspect ratio, and it honored my request for no planes.  I didn't have that originally, so I got these kinds of wrecked aircraft carriers but with planes flying all around them.  It took three or four rerolls to get that one.

I'll post it over on the prompt of the week thread.

Added: I tried the same prompt in NightCafe, and got aircraft carriers in mid-ocean, but no village.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 07:44:35 PM by lwise »

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2022, 08:02:15 PM »
I tried very hard also for a hut or house built of part’s of helicopters but it either resulted in just helicopters (bright civilian ones no less!) or sort of mobile home clumsy blocks of metal with a rotor or parts of one slapped on in a weird arrangement… And yeah, sort-of-planes in the air if it deemed me worthy of giving me an aircraft carrier.

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2022, 04:17:33 PM »
Well this was my go on a AC Village.  I got a city (lol)

"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2022, 05:43:10 PM »
Wow this is very cool too!

Turnstylus

• Uuuummmm....
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2022, 06:49:29 PM »
Y'all, these big ship villages remind me of Children of the Whales! It's a fun, short series of animated episodes showing the lives of a varied group of people living on a massive ship.

There's a post-apocalyptic feel to the setting, but if memory serves, the world these folks inhabit has something like magic in it, too. Some similarities between Minna's mages and the villagers on this ship that have telekinetic abilities. Maybe it was just their outfits that bore some resemblance!

Anyway, I did enjoy it - the relationships between the villagers were well-developed.