Author Topic: Upcoming new bunny comics i.e. Minna’s next work  (Read 27479 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: Upcoming new bunny comics i.e. Minna’s next work
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2023, 02:22:08 AM »
It’s actually in the bible, both with mentions of fertility goddesses and also the incident of the golden calf. And their god does say: “Thou shalt have no other gods before Me”, not “There are no other gods”. Doesn’t even insist on exclusivity, just primacy.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2023, 03:11:08 PM »
It’s actually in the bible, both with mentions of fertility goddesses and also the incident of the golden calf. And their god does say: “Thou shalt have no other gods before Me”, not “There are no other gods”. Doesn’t even insist on exclusivity, just primacy.

I never thought of that

There is way more flexibility in that
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2023, 04:23:51 PM »
And may well have originally been considered to apply only to the specific tribe being addressed.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2023, 12:28:08 PM »
Aaaaand we have another pages of wacky animals adventures)

* Owl spend so much time insisting that nodoby forced them to help other animals, that we kinda start to doubt that. Also, owl pretty much confirm that he/she is a communist; she evaluate other animals specifically on their ability to do particular job)

* One bunny is MASSACRED by massive stack of hay falling on him. Fortunately, the gravity here seems to be lower than on Earth, so the bunny survived (wofl and hyena seems to be disappointed by that fact)

* Spotted horse provide voice of reason, ABSOLUTELY shocking the young deer by the fact that someone could have other opinion rather than searching for slasher-smile lamb in mountains.

* Easy-to-shock deer went all "BURN THE HERETICS!!!" and clearly wishing to be born in 40K century. Communist owl became another voice of reason, explaining to Wannabe Inquisitor Deer that it's not right to force your faith on others.

* Massacred bunny is treated with band-aids... which were invented in 1920s. I.e. they are industrial-era products. Also, animals are using medical bags with Red Cross on them, which make literally zero sence, unless they are buying them from Earth-originated humans.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2023, 02:11:23 PM »
Humm, I need to catch up with this story and with this thread...

Anyway, their use of human-made and designed gear makes no sense at all (for instance, how would they use buckles without opposing fingers?).
On that I just call it artistic license and move on... :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #230 on: April 24, 2023, 03:25:26 PM »
Humm, I need to catch up with this story and with this thread...

Anyway, their use of human-made and designed gear makes no sense at all (for instance, how would they use buckles without opposing fingers?).
On that I just call it artistic license and move on... :)

I call it "poor worldbuilding" - of course, if it wouldn't be explained.

thorny

« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2023, 06:38:29 PM »
So are they going to keep marching uphill for years, all the young ones growing up, nobody getting to do anything with their lives other than keep marching, only to find that Rational Horse was right and eventually they get to the ice zone? and how long will the comic take to do this?

Or are they going to go on just a few more miles and find a small patch of ice, which they climb over and find Paradise on the other side?

Or are we supposed to presume that Rational Horse took a wrong turn somewhere?

Or are we going to wind up being told that this perpetual march upstream is the whole point, whether through/along water or through ice, and nobody's supposed to want to do anything else?

-- anybody want to take any more guesses?

BirchTree

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2023, 03:05:59 AM »
Well I turned out being very wrong about a lot of my last guesses  :)) oh well!

I think the whole celestial lamb story is indeed very weird and strangely brutal. I don't remember Canon Jesus being this brutal, but then again Minna is following a very specific version of fanon Jesus focused on how all humans are INHERENTLY EVIL SINNERS so that apparently colors her perspective in some very strange ways. Or maybe the guess that the lamb is the devil and the wolf is Jesus is right. Giant sword slashing as a metaphor for being nailed to the cross? Who knows. Still weird though.

I kind of like the overall metaphor of the 'journey upstream' as a metaphor for life though. You might be feeling like the horse as though you're searching endlessly for something until you feel hopeless and turn around, or you might feel like the deer, sure in your hope that it's worth to continue. Maybe it's not about finding what you're looking for, maybe it's about the views on the way there and being nice along the way like the owl. That wouldn't be a bad philosophy regardless of which religion it's trying to depict I think - for me at least it's a pleasant thought even though I'm not Christian at all.

Like others here I kind of wish the clothing and tool design was a bit more matched to animals without opposable thumbs. At the same time I can't help but like the designs regardless because they're really cute  :'D I think worldbuilding and accurate animal biology isn't something she's paying much attention to. Kind of reminds me of kids shows like My little Pony where it's less about whether it makes sense for horses to use something and more about stuff being recognizable for a young human audience. Though I wouldn't consider this comic suitable for a young audience in any way, just comparing design vibes.

Fun fact though: there are seaweed, or algae, species that grow in rivers! They're not suitable for human consumption, but deer do eat them when they have the opportunity. Then again, what do deer not eat when they have the opportunity, lol.

dmeck7755

« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2023, 08:47:16 AM »
So are they going to keep marching uphill for years, all the young ones growing up, nobody getting to do anything with their lives other than keep marching, only to find that Rational Horse was right and eventually they get to the ice zone? and how long will the comic take to do this?

I seem to remember Minna wrote somewhere that this was supposed to be a mid-length comic. (about 2 years..)  That's a lot of slogging...
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

Róisín

« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2023, 12:54:48 PM »
BirchTree, some of the freshwater algae are edible for us too.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2023, 02:35:50 AM »
Aaaand another new, exiting episode of weird animal adventures!

* We have wolved who are hunting according to stochastic probability. Their statistical methods apparently did not include extrapolation, or they would knew that releasing prey after catching it means "weak hungry wolves" on average.

* What the point of throwing the bunnies down the cliff for wolves? They are WOLVES! Predators, after all. If they hunting the sapient bunnies, why don't they just eat them? Or they are trying to make a bunny chop this way?

* Sapient bunnies did not have their patented "suicide by willpower" mechanism, which allow them to switch themselves off instantly, when caught by predator. Considering that bunnies are prey specie, I'm not sure it's an improvement.

* I have a sneaking suspicion that Minna did not understood the difference between rabbit and hare.

Róisín

« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2023, 10:24:52 AM »
They are distantly related, but are different species. About as different from one another as are sheep and goats.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2023, 10:45:15 AM »
They are distantly related, but are different species. About as different from one another as are sheep and goats.

Exactly. And I have a sneaking suspicion, that Minna did not understood the differences.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2023, 04:45:42 PM »
This makes even less sense than previously. I don’t even have anything to say.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thorny

« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2023, 06:20:02 PM »
This makes even less sense than previously. I don’t even have anything to say.

Seconded.

-- maybe I'll say something anyway. (says thorny, who apparently didn't talk till she could produce complete sentences but has rarely shut up since.)

This looks like maybe some kind of ceremony, not a hunt?

One rabbit that size wouldn't make a meal for that pack, anyway. It would be swallowed by the one who caught it; or, just maybe, taken home to cubs if the pack has small ones. And neither the coin business, nor the throwing off a bridge, makes any sense for a hunt.

But then, that's not a plain side of the coin (token? badge??), either. It's got an X on it, and a batch of dots. Maybe the other side has a more complicated decoration?

And who is making all this complicated clothing for the rabbits, and complicated decorations-semi-armor for the wolves? And if it's supposed to be armor, it's not very good armor; doesn't cover enough. But if it isn't, why all those points on the outside of the big shoulder discs? And wouldn't those weigh them down, and be awkward on a hunt?

Of course, if what the wolves are wearing is also ceremonial, none of that might matter.