Author Topic: Upcoming new bunny comics i.e. Minna’s next work  (Read 26074 times)

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
Re: Upcoming new bunny comics i.e. Minna’s next work
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2023, 09:36:00 AM »
Sadly true. Which is why I stick to being a Pagan, which requires me to act in accordance with my conscience, and to take responsibility for the consequences of my actions. Somewhere in the development of fundamentalism the concept of individual free will seems to have become lost.

And that's why I'm materialist; it's much more enjoyable to view the mindless, purposeless Universe, ruled by understandable physical laws and random chance - rather then assume that everything bad that ever happened was planned by some omnipotent entity as part of some grandiose plan "too complex to be understood by mere mortals".

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2023, 09:53:29 AM »

And if the lamb is both able to and going to magically change everybody's minds/hearts now, why not just make them the way it wanted them in the first place?

True, but I think the comic is about the trip upstream.  I am curious how she is going to make a medium length comic about this.  (IIRC this was supposed to be a medium comic until she is ready to do the "slice of life" comic)

I think this is going to be a lot of 'da bears' type of thing.  Watching them wander around the forest.  (YAWN)  I have a hard time how she will be able to draw a story out for so long.  (Maybe 'thin wolves' attack randomly, or sickness.  Who knows)

One thing I like to to read others comments, but what little there are seems to be heavily edited/censored. In all the webcomics I read, I learn a lot and had always found them interesting.

I have been reading her story, but so far I am really bored. In my religious upbringing, God is good and cares for everyone.  So I have that disconnect also.

"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

dmeck7755

« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2023, 09:56:02 AM »
Just thought about a truly devious plot twist - that Lamb actually symbolize the Devil, who tempted animals with easy path to false salvation, and is actually symbolized Jesus, who died trying to ensure they stay on hard and tedious but right path) THAT would be really interesting)

Oh that would be a hoot!!
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2023, 11:04:26 AM »
Just thought about a truly devious plot twist - that Lamb actually symbolize the Devil, who tempted animals with easy path to false salvation, and is actually symbolized Jesus, who died trying to ensure they stay on hard and tedious but right path) THAT would be really interesting)

I think that would actually make a lot more sense. Who's going to deliberately put people in situations in which the situation is expected to push them into doing evil things, if not a devil?

-- hey, it could even be tied into "the evils of social media!" All those birds are Twitter, trying to seduce everyone into changing their minds!

(no, I don't think social media is evil; though I do think it needs to be used with caution. But there was some of that theme in the first bunny comic, wasn't there?)

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2023, 05:31:26 PM »
Okay... and we have new pages of "Tale of psycho lamb".

So far:

* Apparently Lamb created dachshunds, which I say is pretty much copyright infringement. As far as I knew, no religion ever tried to claim that dachshunds are "god creations" (only in general terms). They are 100% human selection. They are copyrighted! Planets were nuked for less!

* There are some weird ideas about the mobility of rabbits/hares (not exactly sure). For some reason, Minna apparently assumed that due to their short legs they aren't exactly good in movement.

* Animals without any kind of hands, tentacles or even opposite thumbs are able to create industry up to the refined metal production (and leather bags, which required... leather. Animal leather. Better not think about it)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2023, 05:51:13 PM »
Not to mention the fact that the bunnies are apparently children of a wolf(?) and a hyena, who also have a child who is a fox. But the animals aren’t just anything, since the deer couple have a deer child, and also the three smal” ones are all bunnies. It seems like she hasn’t really decided whether the characters are supposed to be animals or not.

I think the bunnies are supposedly slow because of being young, and the short legs are just their excuse. On the other hand I also think none of this makes sense.

Furthermore the god who created the dachshund has a (another instance) of interesting morality. Most dachshunds suffer from back deformities. A god would know this, but apparently they don’t care?
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2023, 06:04:57 PM »
Not to mention the fact that the bunnies are apparently children of a wolf(?) and a hyena, who also have a child who is a fox.

Well, I decided to give Minna some slack here, and work under assumption that bunnies were adopted. Of course the idea of hunter specie adopting the babies of prey specie did not exactly looks right either, but oh well. Maybe local bunnies considered being eaten by wolves their sacred duty.

I think the bunnies are supposedly slow because of being young, and the short legs are just their excuse. On the other hand I also think none of this makes sense.

Come to think about it, bunnies aren't exactly made for long trot, so carrying them would actually be more practical for deers than to slow down to bunnies sustainable speed. Whatever moral lesson Minna planned here, it literally fell apart.

Furthermore the god who created the dachshund has a (another instance) of interesting morality. Most dachshunds suffer from back deformities. A god would know this, but apparently they don’t care?

Yep, exactly. While there are species with similar general designs - ferrets, for example - they have much better adapted spines (due to millions of years of evolution to cull out all defects). Creating the dachshunds would be just plainly impractical for any god; they are specifically made to hunt foxes for humans, and foxes aren't exactly a sustainable feeding source. Foxes breed too slow, and armed heavy enough that for a single dachshund attacking the fox would not be a reliable way to feed itself. So... specie without niche.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2023, 10:50:30 PM »
Dachshunds were originally bred to hunt badgers (German ‘dachs’, badger and ‘hund’, dog. They were bred to that shape to get down burrows. Later they were used to flush foxes out to where human hunters could get at them, and miniature dachshunds, like ferrets, were used to drive rabbits out of their burrows into nets where the rabbits could be trapped. Rabbits, and sometimes badgers, were eaten by humans, but foxes generally don’t taste good by our standards, and were hunted originally for their furs and because they are a menace to poultry and other small farm animals. Later on, foxes were hunted for ‘sport’, hence that English custom of dashing about on horses to hunt them with packs of hounds.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2023, 11:55:10 AM »
Hooray, new pages! Okay, and what we got here?

* Communist owls are running a free supply service for desert travellers. Unfortunately, a desert rescue service seems to be outsorced to buzzards.

* Minna used a pretty cliched way to circumvent the predator-prey relations in "intelligent animals" setting, by claiming that predators are eating fish and shrimps, which are (for some reason) non-intelligent. Specieism as its worst, yeah.

* How exactly they managed to got seaweed in the RIVER? Their river are saltwater? Lamb clearly messed up terraforming BIG way.

* The deer have a nasty prejustice against predators. Considering that deers are actually opportunistic omnivores, he is just a hypocrite.

* The deer seems to be ABSOLUTELY shocked, that someone could do be doing actual work here, not just jogging through the desert.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2023, 01:16:06 PM »
The river has other features than salinity too. They are supposed to be going upstream, so the river flows from this desert up the mountains and down the waterfall they start at. Ok there’s a river gorge visible when they are looking down towards the desert station, but I still don’t think geography works like this.

Oh and now the animals are carnivores and herbivores. So earlier the ones who were eating other animals were truly doing it out of the badness of their hearts?

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2023, 02:36:54 PM »
The river has other features than salinity too. They are supposed to be going upstream, so the river flows from this desert up the mountains and down the waterfall they start at. Ok there’s a river gorge visible when they are looking down towards the desert station, but I still don’t think geography works like this.

On the other hands, upward-flowing water is a Holy Graal of internal plumbing)

Oh and now the animals are carnivores and herbivores. So earlier the ones who were eating other animals were truly doing it out of the badness of their hearts?

Hypocrites, every single one of them)

thorny

« Reply #221 on: April 08, 2023, 12:00:39 AM »
What's with the 'do not take this way' sign? Once you're in, you're not supposed to leave?

And where did this set of animals come from? Did only some of them go downstream in the first place? Did some of them head upstream a lot sooner than others? Did the Lamb make a new batch?

(Where did Adam and Eve's kids get their spouses?)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2023, 06:53:21 AM »
The following is,pmy commentary on a few passages from the Bible, which I have always found contradictory to some common interpretations. This is not intended to be disrespectful, but it’s not particularly respectful either. Please don’t read if you think this might upset you.

Regarding spouses of Adam and Eve’s childrem.

Spoiler: show

Well, chapter 6 of the first book of Moses i.e. the first part of the Bible (sorry I don’t know the exact vocabulary in English) mentions “the sons of gods” who found they liked ”the daughters of humans” and took them as their wives (which apparently led to heroes and giants). It seems the lord didn’t like this because in the same chapter he then decides that humans should not live more than 120 years.

This doesn’t exactly answer the question (wives of Cain are simply mentioned to exist and have children with them) but it does imply that Adam and Eve and their progeny were not the only ones around.

It seems to me like originally the story of creation of humans was intended to be the story of how a particular people or tribe (the ones who were or later became the Israelits) and not a description of all of humankind came i to being. Other tribes and their gods exist for the offspring of the ”first humans” to marry with. I’ve probably read this interpretation somewhere because I don’t really spend time trying to understand what it says in the Bible, but it seems to make sense considering what actually is said about the wives and the other gods.

Then later when the religion gets ideas of grandeur and the creation myth is interpreted to mean all humans everywhere, the combination becomes… interesting?

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2023, 10:23:27 PM »
Spoiler: wives for the bros • show
I've been told that in Jewish interpretation, the wives came from the other tribes around at the time.  The Adam and Eve characters were not the first ones ever, just the first ones of the line.  Debate ensues (as is encouraged in Jewish circles) about the concept of where Eve is actually from.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thorny

« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2023, 12:37:04 AM »
That was actually a kind of tongue in cheek comment -- I was thinking it was similar to 'where did all these other animals come from' as applied to the bunny comic.

Spoiler, for more non-theological interpretations:

Spoiler: show
I've heard various explanations; but the one that makes most sense to me is that Genesis is made up of bits of much older stories, which don't always meld well with each other and sometimes meld even less well with modern interpretations -- a much bigger problem than where the wives came from, for anybody monotheistic, would be the implications that the god of Genesis is only one of multiple gods; though I suspect that in the precursor stories that's exactly what was meant. But then, I'm not a believer. Or a Bible scholar, of either testament. And I can't read any of the original languages.