Author Topic: Upcoming new bunny comics i.e. Minna’s next work  (Read 26076 times)

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: Upcoming new bunny comics i.e. Minna’s next work
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2022, 09:16:18 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "different plumage", considering that there are only two birds in the picture, but yeah, macaws tend to play palette busters in RL, too. 8)

So, macaw (South America), magpie (Northern hemisphere), hyena, and possibly an aardvark (both from Africa). (Can anyone ID the deer species?) Plus, of course, various accoutrements of them being members of a technological civilization, so they might be as widely-traveling as those animals we consider domesticated in our world ... though OTOH, they're apparently not sporting any opposable thumbs to easily work those buckles.
Magnetic clasps?  The deer are rather large, so they can really be any type (without looking at their back end.). In the US, white tail and black tail deer look like the pics and can grow quite large.

I wonder why the macaw would carry a backpack? Would be a negligible additional weight for several other party members, and must do quite a number on the airworthiness. Something small but valuable that they want to see escape together with the bird, should the party get ambushed?

My presciousssss
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

dmeck7755

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2022, 09:18:39 AM »

I hope this new comic will be more like Animals of Farthing Wood, Redwall, or Watership Down, rather than something like Pilgrim's Progress or something based on Noah's Ark. Something super lighthearted like Danger Mouse might be nice, too! Could turn out pretty fun.

Lenny, I agree and hope also...

-Frank Zappa

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2022, 10:37:19 AM »
Still I think those of you who really absolutely definitely need to or want to avoid bluntly Christian content would do wise to let others pre-read first. But this animal quest is far in the future anyways, she’s only juat started drafting the concept so no hurry.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2022, 11:00:36 AM »
Still I think those of you who really absolutely definitely need to or want to avoid bluntly Christian content would do wise to let others pre-read first. But this animal quest is far in the future anyways, she’s only juat started drafting the concept so no hurry.
Oh yes, I'm definitely planning on avoiding whatever does happen until it's complete and preread by other people! And also recommend others to do the same if they have similar issues to me. Respect your own boundaries, for whatever reason they might be.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Morriwolf

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2022, 08:57:49 PM »
Yeahh...given the context absolutely no desire to read it.

Kevin_Redcrow

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2022, 03:39:48 PM »
Oh, this is more positive news than I'd hoped about her future comics, for pretty much everything you described, @Linebyline. I was bracing for the next bit of news on that front being horribly insensitive, and for the plans being a trainwreck in slow motion. Still not going to get into her personal testimony comic whenever that releases, since I really don't trust that to be any better than Lovely People and apparently insensitive Christianity is a thing I really need to avoid for my own health these days, but hey. Being around actual people seems to be a healthy thing for her.

I hope this new comic will be more like Animals of Farthing Wood, Redwall, or Watership Down, rather than something like Pilgrim's Progress or something based on Noah's Ark. Something super lighthearted like Danger Mouse might be nice, too! Could turn out pretty fun.

I came here today for a quick look around at unread posts about what Ms. Sundberg is currently doing and thinking. Expecting to see that she would continue strictly with hardline dogma content in her comics, I was prepared to delete my account and move on.

Now I'm intrigued again, darn it.

I speculate this new story will be an allegory in the mold of The Narnia Chronicles. That's okay.

Plus I'm a sucker for Furry comics. So much so that I kept reading David Hopkin's Jack despite the bizarre juxtaposition of christian dogma and graphic, violent, explicit sexual acts.

I shall follow the recommendation that one read the posts of others who do look at Ms. Sundberg's posts and submissions, before I decide to look at them myself.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2022, 04:26:29 PM »
I shall follow the recommendation that one read the posts of others who do look at Ms. Sundberg's posts and submissions, before I decide to look at them myself.

Seems to be a wise decision. I am not sure wether I am more wise or more curious.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2022, 12:26:18 AM »
I am prepared to give Minna’s work a fair hearing before I form an opinion. I should perhaps add that I am a lifelong Pagan, and an active and observant Pagan at that. Nevertheless I have had a long and happy marriage to an Anglican Christian, and have friends who are active and observant Christians, including several who are Christian priests or missionaries or composers of church music. My personal belief is that religion is a very personal relationship between a soul and its god, and not really anyone else’s business, but people can still make and share beautiful works of art, music, poetry or comics celebrating their faith, in the same way that they might make such works celebrating their loves, patriotism or whatever else inspires their creativity.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

tehta

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2022, 01:49:51 AM »
I think Minna has said that she is not going to do allegories like Narnia, where one could avoid the theological message? She wanted to make it unambiguous.
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

dmeck7755

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2022, 02:21:00 PM »
I think Minna has said that she is not going to do allegories like Narnia, where one could avoid the theological message? She wanted to make it unambiguous.

Though I think/thought the next comic after the "testimony" one was going to be "So I’ve decided to take a couple years to make a medium-length adventure comic first, "

That could still be "just a great adventure" or "I've started my 'witnessing' "
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 02:23:19 PM by dmeck7755 »

-Frank Zappa

dmeck7755

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2022, 03:14:41 PM »
Well Minna has sent an update.
Her next comic will be Cristian in nature.

Line 1 in her description is " "Journey Upstream" is a very overtly Christian comic. "

Here is the link if any one wishes.
https://journeyupstreamcomic.com/

The art is lovely though

-Frank Zappa

Zraark

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2022, 02:38:08 AM »
Yeah I saw that yesterday, the part that actually worries me more is the part further down: "A distinctive point of focus is exploring our fallen nature as understood in the doctrine of Radical Corruption/Total Depravity, in that our hearts are corrupted to the core and turned away from God." That doesn't sound like a very positive outlook on... well most things. I had hoped that she had joined a more relaxed church but this sounds darker? I don't know? I looked around a little bit on the internet and this doesn't sound like a very inclusive or accepting part of Christianity.  It sounds a lot like everyone that isn't following "God" is an enemy to god, also the part of how you are completely corrupted just feels wrong to me, like there is nothing you can do to become "good" or virtuous.
Oh well, maybe I'm just overthinking things, I hope I am.
What sort of philosophers are we who know absolutely nothing of the origin & destiny of cats?

- Henry David Thoreau

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2022, 08:26:03 AM »
Honestly it sounds to me like it's quite inspired by the Pilgrim's Progress (another book about Christians (the main character is literally named 'Christian') journeying towards metaphorical heaven meeting lots of very symbolic people and places along the way). I remember reading the Pilgrim's Progress as a kid. It's certainly... a book? A lot of weird stuff happens in it, but I kinda liked weird stuff as a kid (I used to read the book of Revelation for fun).

The doctrine of total depravity is fairly common in some Christian branches (at least, it's not too far off what I grew up with). The basic idea is that since the first acts of sin in the garden of Eden, humans are inherently stained with sin and cannot be accepted by a perfect God no matter how much good they try to do - only the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and belief in what he has done can wash away your sins and allow you to be accepted into heaven.

I'm... not a fan of this doctrine (It's a decent chunk of the reason why I left the Church), but regardless of how many people follow it, it seems like a bit of a weird thing to have as the main focus of a comic. I'm curious to read this comic because I want to see how much it aligns with the theology I grew up with, and also how similar it is to other Christian media I read when I was younger.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

dmeck7755

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2022, 01:34:43 PM »
That doesn't sound like a very positive outlook on... well most things.

This feels like "all people are bad except my peeps"

I do not know about the congregation she has joined, but I tend to try and think positive about people rather than negative. Unless they prove me wrong.  Though in public I am not a very "trusting" individual.  I tell my spouse it is the New York in me.  (I grew up in New York city during it's "dark" time, and thus am very leery)

Only time will tell here
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 01:37:27 PM by dmeck7755 »

-Frank Zappa

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2022, 04:44:20 AM »
This feels like "all people are bad except my peeps"
That's how some Christian denominations take it, sure. However, the more common (I hope ...) way to interpret the concept of Original Sin is "all people are bad in the eyes of God, including my peeps, but since we're all people here, let's talk about shades, grades, betterment, and ideally, pardoning clauses."

(Or "backdoors", if you prefer to call them that. Say what you will about "Dogma", but the way a (near-)omnipotent God is expected to stick to some bureaucratic procedure decreed by "his" church no matter what sure rings a bell.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15