Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 76818 times)

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #465 on: November 22, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »
Quote from: SalmonKat
I watch a lot of crappy popular anime, Yu-Gi-Oh! and the like. I won't deny its ridiculous but that doesn't stop me from getting way too invested.
Mostly I read manga, so for recent manga-turned-anime, I'm very into My Hero Academia. Also One Punch Man a bit, so funny oh my gods.
But the only anime I'm watching that's important right now, is Yuri on Ice. I'm on episode four though, since I'm watching the dub and I don't care what people think of that.
Also I like Tokyo Ghoul(manga only), Free!, and Prince of Stride: Alternative. I have a general knowledge of most mainstream anime as well.
Wait wait wait. Has no one else talked about Yuri on Ice yet??? Are you the first person?? Full disclosure I'm only very tentatively into anime. I'll watch something, be like meh I guess it's okay, and then never watch it again. For a long time the only one I watched was Fullmetal Alchemist (I'm not done with it yet), and then I got really bored and decided to watch Yuri on Ice because I saw a lot of hype about it. It was magnificent. So I went from only watching Fullmetal Alchemist to watching SPORTS ANIME. I might be staying up until midnight tonight just to catch episode 7 even though I have to be up at six tomorrow. It's that good.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

SalmonKat

« Reply #466 on: November 23, 2016, 06:42:19 PM »
Wait wait wait. Has no one else talked about Yuri on Ice yet??? Are you the first person?? Full disclosure I'm only very tentatively into anime. I'll watch something, be like meh I guess it's okay, and then never watch it again. For a long time the only one I watched was Fullmetal Alchemist (I'm not done with it yet), and then I got really bored and decided to watch Yuri on Ice because I saw a lot of hype about it. It was magnificent. So I went from only watching Fullmetal Alchemist to watching SPORTS ANIME. I might be staying up until midnight tonight just to catch episode 7 even though I have to be up at six tomorrow. It's that good.
Actually, I got into Yuri on Ice very much the same way. My company of friends included several people who had been watching it, so after a little while I thought "Eh, it can't be bad." So I found a site which has the dubbed episodes (because I had heard the fangirls hated the dub so it had to be good) and proceeded to watch those three episodes, followed by episode four which came out last week, and episode five which came out last night. I literally was lying on my bed in the dark trying to make no sound watching it. (Not easy what with Minami and freaking Viktor) But you know, at first I thought it wasn't gonna be all that great, since it had so much following I figured it'd be bland and meh. But no it's fraking amazing. Still not super into Vikturi(fite me fangirls), but I can deal since that's obviously the direction we're heading. I actually ship YurixYuri haha yeah.
Hi I'm SalmonKat.
English-French
A little Swedish and Latin.

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #467 on: November 25, 2016, 11:08:31 PM »
Dang it, look at what y'all've made me do. I've just been binge watching Yuri on Ice for the past however-long. I blame you guys. It's totally all your fault. XD
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #468 on: November 25, 2016, 11:44:28 PM »
Quote from: Auxivele
Dang it, look at what y'all've made me do. I've just been binge watching Yuri on Ice for the past however-long. I blame you guys. It's totally all your fault. XD
Yessss! I accept all blame. :D
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2016, 10:31:04 PM »
So, I finally started watching anime! So far, just a little bit of Soul Eater and RWBY (I let my friends choose them). So, for the past day and a half I have watched nothing but Soul Eater.  I love it so much!
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #470 on: December 01, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »
So, I finally started watching anime! So far, just a little bit of Soul Eater and RWBY (I let my friends choose them). So, for the past day and a half I have watched nothing but Soul Eater.  I love it so much!

Oh, Soul Eater! I've heard that one's good. If you need any more reccomendations, just ask! I have too many
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #471 on: December 23, 2016, 06:20:49 PM »
I have finished Soul Eater and Tokyo Ghoul. Does anyone have any suggestions?
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #472 on: December 24, 2016, 10:25:54 AM »
Hrrm...
If you have the stomach for TG, I recommend Hellsing. The original anime is...well...The animation doesn't do the story justice. The OVAs, especially the dubs, are the other way round. But they're both worth a look, if you think Vlad the Impaler dual-wielding hand cannons that make the Desert Eagle look like a reasonable design choice is awesome.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #473 on: December 24, 2016, 01:08:33 PM »
Hrrm...
If you have the stomach for TG, I recommend Hellsing. The original anime is...well...The animation doesn't do the story justice. The OVAs, especially the dubs, are the other way round. But they're both worth a look, if you think Vlad the Impaler dual-wielding hand cannons that make the Desert Eagle look like a reasonable design choice is awesome.
I looked it up and it looks pretty cool, I'll try it out! Thanks!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #474 on: December 24, 2016, 06:53:38 PM »
I have finished Soul Eater and Tokyo Ghoul. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well if you want something more light-hearted (but still serious at times) I would recommend Noragami! It has a really nice art style and likeable characters and is based on Japanese mythology, it has gods and spirits and stuff. Also a third season might be coming in 2017!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #475 on: December 24, 2016, 07:00:27 PM »
Well, what are you looking for? Soul Eater is pretty generic shonen while Tokyo Ghoul is somewhat edgier shonen. Based on what you are looking for I can make adjusted recommendations.

Or just make a long list of things to watch.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #476 on: December 24, 2016, 11:41:25 PM »
Well, what are you looking for? Soul Eater is pretty generic shonen while Tokyo Ghoul is somewhat edgier shonen. Based on what you are looking for I can make adjusted recommendations.

Or just make a long list of things to watch.
Well, I'm currently watching Attack on Titan and Death Note, so I do like the horror/action/dark ones more then the sweet/happy ones.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #477 on: December 25, 2016, 12:35:09 AM »
Attack on titan is good. And I totally encourage you to look into the manga once you are finished with the current material.

So let's see.

If you want horror, Parasyte was decent. I prefer the manga, but the anime should be fine. Shiki is a nice, somewhat underrated horror anime as well. Idk. Anime is not what I go to for horror.

For action: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, if you have not already watched it. Baccano. Black Lagoon. Jojo's Bizarre adventure (can also technically qualify as horror). Escaflowne.

Dark: Knights of Cydonia is not that bad to dovetail into from Attack on Titan. Neon Genesis Evangelion, though I guess bleak would be the proper term. To watch anyway eventually. Berserk - manga is a must eventually. Monster. Welcome to the NHK. Puella Magi Madoka Magica - most of Urobuchi's stuff: Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass.

Idk. That should give you quite a bit of material to chew on.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #478 on: December 25, 2016, 01:26:49 AM »
This is a great list! Thanks!

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #479 on: December 25, 2016, 08:15:20 AM »
Berserk - manga is a must eventually.
Was gonna mention it if you hadn't, do wanna warn that towards the end it might be a tad gruesome.
Would recommend seeing the 3 movies (Golden Age Arc I-III) or the 1997 anime series and not the 2016 one since it continues the story where the movies and -97 serie ends.

If you want something to read: Vinland saga (Vikings!!) or Kingdom (Warring states period, which actually have been turned into a anime though)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:24:59 AM by Basse »
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3: