Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 405470 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #3120 on: January 10, 2023, 10:57:26 AM »
It's good to see you back, TA!

And I'm glad you're going to keep developing Juha and Reynar. The fact that they have such different appearances from each other is interesting to me, and makes me wonder if they come from different species(?) or locales. I'm new to Changeling lore myself, so please pardon my ignorance.

You and I find ourselves in similar places: I have a couple of comic projects that I would really like to get off the ground, but there are other projects (some for paying clients) that get pushed to the front of the line.

A cousin of mine just sold a supplement book for D&D 5E on Kickstarter, and I have been painting the illustrations for him. It's a survival-horror supplement, which I understand to mean that the book gives players tools to tell stories that have realistic and compelling horror elements. Case in point: there will be a more complete system for working out lycanthropy, and so I get to draw fellows like this:

There are MANY images needed besides this one, so finding time for my own projects takes discipline that I don't always find. But it is fun work, so I can't complain.  :)
Great work, Turnstylus! Very well done, and very frightening!  O_O
Here is a drawing I made to distract myself.

It is an attempt to condense the main ponit of a 5 Minute music video into one image. Turned out to be complex.
Really interesting drawing, moredhel! I suppose that video is far from a calming experience, but I'd like to see it anyway... :) Can you please post a link, or the band/song name?
Thank you! Her lighter bits are meant to sort of resemble a sparkly "mirrored" surface, the idea being that if she held up her hand you could see yourself (and possibly other things) in the reflection.
All this looks very good, TA! The changeling is particularly interesting, with those reflective surfaces... I'm scared to ask (but, sure, will do it anyway) what are the "other things" that can be seen there...

Overall it's great to see this thread booming with such excelent works! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: happy with any of them except it
« Reply #3121 on: January 10, 2023, 05:00:02 PM »
Great work, Turnstylus! Very well done, and very frightening!  O_OReally interesting drawing, moredhel! I suppose that video is far from a calming experience, but I'd like to see it anyway... :) Can you please post a link, or the band/song name?All this looks very good, TA!
Sure i can provide a link but before anyone clicks the video contains depictions of blood violence, madness syringes and lots of other maybe triggering stuff. So here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUePXmD-AtQ
Overall it's great to see this thread booming with such excelent works! :)
Exactly.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3122 on: June 30, 2023, 11:01:15 AM »

tried to do practice painting hands/arms

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3123 on: June 30, 2023, 04:00:52 PM »
Interesting! Did you use a model?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3124 on: June 30, 2023, 06:46:16 PM »
I used a screenshot from a music video as reference

angsttronaut

« Reply #3125 on: June 30, 2023, 06:50:41 PM »
Very nice! I really like how you did the tattoo.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3126 on: July 01, 2023, 05:39:45 AM »
thank you

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3127 on: July 01, 2023, 06:38:45 AM »
Hiya moredhel! Great work! I’m no artist but I know hands are difficult, and you did great here! The position and all the fingers look very natural. And like Angsttronaut said, the tattoo is well done.

And great to see you posting! Ilove seeing your progress, which has been remarkable.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3128 on: July 01, 2023, 03:28:03 PM »
thanks.
I think it is natural too. Even the depicted person seems to like it.

dmeck7755

« Reply #3129 on: July 07, 2023, 08:58:44 AM »
Moredhel,

The hand is amazing.  I read that they are very difficult to do and yours is really nice.
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3130 on: July 07, 2023, 03:40:10 PM »
Thank you

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3131 on: July 08, 2023, 07:43:38 AM »
Great art posted here recently! XoX

I´ve been telling you about how I do 3D-Art several times, but I believe I never showed any of it. So here´s this little guy, designed, modeled, 3D-printed and painted by me, over the course of the last two/three semesters. He´s about 18cm long counting the tail and fully poseable, including his ears and jaw. Homework was actually just the design, but I got too attached to it and made it (been chipping away at it whenever I had a moment, and now it´s finally finished! :)) Though the virtual version icluded some cables I haven´t added yet. I´m not sure if I still will, I already like it like this.). One of my teachers helped me with the photos (and then I completely butchered them to get them to a format I could post here whoops).

Also a character-portrait I made this semester. It´s a 3D-interpretation of the second picture in this artwork (not mine) https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GXZQnd

It´s not properly rendered yet (posing and lighting are still a bit wonky), but this is the final preview.

supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #3132 on: July 08, 2023, 08:19:23 AM »
oh, wow! what a cool and funky little guy!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

moredhel

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3133 on: July 08, 2023, 11:44:28 AM »
Great art posted here recently! XoX

I´ve been telling you about how I do 3D-Art several times, but I believe I never showed any of it. So here´s this little guy, designed, modeled, 3D-printed and painted by me, over the course of the last two/three semesters. He´s about 18cm long counting the tail and fully poseable, including his ears and jaw. Homework was actually just the design, but I got too attached to it and made it (been chipping away at it whenever I had a moment, and now it´s finally finished! :)) Though the virtual version icluded some cables I haven´t added yet. I´m not sure if I still will, I already like it like this.). One of my teachers helped me with the photos (and then I completely butchered them to get them to a format I could post here whoops).

Also a character-portrait I made this semester. It´s a 3D-interpretation of the second picture in this artwork (not mine) https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GXZQnd

great work

It´s not properly rendered yet (posing and lighting are still a bit wonky), but this is the final preview.

I already like it.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #3134 on: July 08, 2023, 11:51:47 AM »
Mirasol, love your project puppy! Making the jaw moveable too is a great touch.

The portrait is striking. Nice work, even as is.