Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler - Does a Bear REDACTED in the Woods?  (Read 25335 times)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Does a Bear REDACTED in the Woods?
« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2021, 02:49:58 PM »
This has been a wonderful chapter-break-filler (as always of course ;))!

Vulpes, I love the serious formating of a silly story! (Also, he-he, I´m a reference! :'D I apparently wrote 60 pages on the topic... hm-yeah, seems acurate to my usual habit of overly-detailed-describing-everything.)

madumb, this was so cool! Welcome to the forum, may you have fun here! (And of course share more of your works if you want to.)

And Sevseres, this really got a laugh out of me! I came expecting drama, and the twist was everything! :'D Poor Pöppö!

And a very nice Haiku-ending to this amazing filler, Grey!

I´ll add to the many thank yous to all the people who contributed here, this filler really made all the studying I currently have to do a little better, and all the contributions were so good!!! And thank you so much to our wonderful organizers as well!!! Events like these always make me so grateful to have found this community! :))
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

madumb

« Reply #226 on: April 19, 2021, 04:51:03 PM »
Soul regained +50 HP

What a terrifically creative place to dwell \o/
I smiled and sniffled and laughed and shuddered and awwwed and how all these are so bear-derful.

♪ An enchanted moment, and it sees me through ♫

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2021, 11:38:22 PM »
I feel extremely guilty for not showing up here sooner! You guys are just heroes! You kept us joyous during this chapter break and ended you kept lighting up my days! We survived! We live! Thank you all for this amazing opportunity to read the writings and to enjoy the art, to smile or sry at something everyday!
Tak så mycket! Kiitos paljon! þakka þér kærlega fyrir! Tusen takk! Mange tak!
And here’s my Emil from one of the previous Chapter Breaks, thanking you all, amazing people, who managed to get through when things were tough (and this indeed was a tough Chapter Break, especially the begging of it).  :emil:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSnHPIBASO_pj1IM6bvsj48vZ_l
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:41:06 PM by Annuil »
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2021, 09:30:35 AM »
Pfff Sevseres, what a wonderful way to end the chapter break!!! Comedy AND a sweet ending, I love it  XoX

Another big THANK YOUUU for everyone who made this chapter break possible, organizers and contributors!!!! I remember the olden days when in chapter breaks we could do nothing but wait for the comic to return, but now I sort of look forward to each break because of the outpouring of creativity and loveliness it brings about  :)
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2021, 10:18:40 AM »
Vulpes, I love the serious formating of a silly story! (Also, he-he, I´m a reference! :'D I apparently wrote 60 pages on the topic... hm-yeah, seems acurate to my usual habit of overly-detailed-describing-everything.)

Eee, you noticed!  :))
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2021, 06:06:24 PM »
Vulpes, I didn’t notice until now. Perhaps because you put Rakel in as P. Valgeirsdottir! I suddenly realized you referred to her a few posts ago :)

Also I frankly forgot her patronym was Valgeirsdottir. These are not family names like Jane Smith is Ms Smith, Rakel would be Ms Rakel if the honorific were needed. Or Dr Rakel, if she didn’t run off to Finland to live with some mages and whatnots. But this was a reference in a Finnish journal and we don’t have the same practice so the mistake is the article author’s and not yours.

Fun fact: the family name of the author of the article, Kettu, is Finnish for fox (Vulpes vulpes)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:09:43 PM by Jitter »
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2021, 11:59:14 AM »
Vulpes, I didn’t notice until now. Perhaps because you put Rakel in as P. Valgeirsdottir! I suddenly realized you referred to her a few posts ago :)

Also I frankly forgot her patronym was Valgeirsdottir. These are not family names like Jane Smith is Ms Smith, Rakel would be Ms Rakel if the honorific were needed. Or Dr Rakel, if she didn’t run off to Finland to live with some mages and whatnots. But this was a reference in a Finnish journal and we don’t have the same practice so the mistake is the article author’s and not yours.

Fun fact: the family name of the author of the article, Kettu, is Finnish for fox (Vulpes vulpes)

:'D  Oh, alphabet, why are you so difficult?  :'D
P, R - they're close, they differ by one little line, of course my brain made me choose the wrong one!

I'd forgotten about the different usage of names in Iceland. In English-language journals, I've definitely seen various -sons and -dottirs, so it's the usual thing of imposing our norms on others.

Indeed, I chose the name Kettu for that reason! So the article is by a fox (A. Fox).  :))

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2021, 06:14:25 PM »

Indeed, I chose the name Kettu for that reason! So the article is by a fox (A. Fox).  :))

Oh I was sure you knew, it was to inform some others who probably didn’t. I didn’t notice thw A Fox though :)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2021, 06:53:24 PM »
Oh I was sure you knew, it was to inform some others who probably didn’t. I didn’t notice thw A Fox though :)

Hah, thanks, I just assumed that only a few people would get it!  :'D

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2021, 08:10:51 PM »
I thought it was subtle and funny.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2021, 05:33:21 PM »
I thought it was subtle and funny.

Thanks! I figured you'd catch the subtleties. Glad you enjoyed.  :D

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #236 on: April 25, 2021, 12:03:23 AM »
I just took the time to read through the whole chapter break filler (I was, at times, feeling quite overwhelmed during its duration, and thus wasn't able to keep up with all the new additions as they arrived) and I really enjoyed it.  I'd have to put Vulpe's entry for day 22 as my favourite - it definitely made me laugh, and also looked quite convincingly like a reputable academic article, references and all. Sevseres's entry for prompt no. 24 also made me laugh. What a tragic blow to that poor bear's self-esteem.

Thank you so much to Wave, Jitter, Grey and everybody else who's been keeping the chapter break fillers alive when I haven't been able to (and especially to Wave for posting the entries!), and to everybody who made all these wonderful works!

Side note: I listened to the Cosmo Sheldrake music with the birdsong, and it was lovely - I continued listening to their other songs while reading through the thread.

(Also, and this is from right at the start of the thread, the discussion on birds singing at night has reminded me of many camping trips where I'd wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of magpies warbling in the darkness. Apparently 3 am is a great time for them to present their songs. Although usually I don't object to waking up during the night when camping in the bush, it means I can go outside and look at the stars all glittering, and the air always has this feeling to it that's just. Fresh. Good.)
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Róisín

« Reply #237 on: April 25, 2021, 12:40:45 AM »
Keep Looking, I also love to be in the bush at night. For one thing my poor vision works a bit better without the glare. And the night birds are a great way to keep track of what is going on around you. There are some such as magpies, wrens and wagtails that regularly sing in the small hours of the morning, as well as the nocturnal birds such as owls, mopokes and nightjars. Many have specific warning songs for danger, something odd happening, or things moving about, and if you learn a few of their query notes you can ask and be answered.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #238 on: April 25, 2021, 04:40:06 AM »
For one thing my poor vision works a bit better without the glare.
Spoiler: (saaaaayyy ... • show

... with all the off-topic posting I'm doing lately, wouldn't it be easier to have everyone have a "hide/show JoB's posts at all" button?)

That surprises me a bit, because, generally speaking, vision ought to be better the more light there is, as the pupil will turn smaller and less of the cornea's surface with its imperfections gets into the way of one's perception ... ? I can vouch that a lot of my "I'll have to get new glasses sometime" problems¹ can be temporarily solved Goethe's way ...

¹ Being a diabetic with a not-quite-stable blood glucose level, which directly influences vision, that's sort of a perpetual mantra for me :(
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Róisín

« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2021, 07:38:49 AM »
I know that is theoretically so. But glare and overly bright sunlight always bothered me, even before my eyes were damaged by a chemical burn, and my night vision seems always to have been better than that of most people. There is also the problem that several things apart from the old chemical burns are going on with my eyes: I was somewhat short-sighted as a young woman, and wore glasses from my early teens and on. Then my distance vision began to fade to the point where eventually I had to give up my driver’s licence. Plus I am just plain old, turned 83 in early April. My husband teases me that I am obviously designed to be nocturnal in a cold climate.