Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841845 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2475 on: June 20, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »
Lol just finished getting caught up with all the newest posts in this thread
Have I mentioned how much I love you people? Coz it'll probably be said a couple thousand more times xD

Ditto.  ;D

oh and I'm working on the art-trade with Laufey, who drew my magesona as a tarot card (SQUEE)
so I'm drawing her Y0 magesona before the rash transformed her... completely.

This. :'D

And PLEASE TELL ME SHE USED TO PLAY THE ACCORDION BEFORE THE RASH
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2476 on: June 20, 2015, 02:39:46 PM »

Wellllll my dad plays the accordion so I definitely have tried to... :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #2477 on: June 20, 2015, 03:00:39 PM »
*looks to missed pages*
So much beauty here :'D
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2478 on: June 20, 2015, 03:05:11 PM »

IIRC the trollsona had nothing to do with accordions to begin with, aside from a vague resemblance. As it often does this thread just seized on that resemblance and things quickly escalated.

Wellllll my dad plays the accordion so I definitely have tried to... :D
You should team up with Haiz or some other violinist and play 'keelhaul' by alestorm.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2479 on: June 20, 2015, 03:06:41 PM »
IIRC the trollsona had nothing to do with accordions to begin with, aside from a vague resemblance. As it often does this thread just seized on that resemblance and things quickly escalated.

In the sona infodump it cites you as being responsible for the accordion noises
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2480 on: June 20, 2015, 03:07:31 PM »
In the sona infodump it cites you as being responsible for the accordion noises

I was just gonna mention that. :D

EDIT
You should team up with Haiz or some other violinist and play 'keelhaul' by alestorm.

So let's see... Haiz plays the violin, right? Then Viola here - obviously - the viola. Yes I think we could put together some kind of a musical act on the off-chance we ever ended up NOT separated by the Atlantic ocean... anyway you wouldn't happen to play some instrument?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:10:33 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #2481 on: June 20, 2015, 03:44:32 PM »
I was just gonna mention that. :D

EDIT
So let's see... Haiz plays the violin, right? Then Viola here - obviously - the viola. Yes I think we could put together some kind of a musical act on the off-chance we ever ended up NOT separated by the Atlantic ocean... anyway you wouldn't happen to play some instrument?

I think I can brush up my flute playing skills.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2482 on: June 20, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »

I'm sure Fim plays the flaming bagpipes

While riding in a chariot with scythe blades on the wheels.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2483 on: June 20, 2015, 03:58:54 PM »
I'm not gonna argue on the awesomeness of Marja, but I thiiink it might be Haiz? in one of these outfits. Probably hard to recognize without the glasses and COLOURS EVERYWHERE ahaha ha
Oops. Well Haiz is my fave too. (The glasseslessness threw me off)
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2484 on: June 20, 2015, 04:06:54 PM »
I am done with mine, which can be weird, since it is two instead of one, I basically slipped myself into a twins. Here it is....

Their language:
They both are finnish born hungarian, or at least their father tried to keep the hungarian line into his children. He taught them, talked to them in hungarian, also their grandparents were talking mostly hungarian anyway. They almost never use hungarian, unless between each other privately to keep other out of their small talk. they both speak finnish as native and fist language, a bit of hungarian of course, Martti speaks more of icelandic because of his studies, while Riika speaks only veeery basics of icelandic (hello, how are you?). Riika got more interested in swedish when he had his studies, unlike Martti.
Martti also understand a bit of Swedish (and norwegian) but avoids to speak it. Riika is same with Icelandic.
Riika and Martti has ver slight accent on their hungarian, but they can speak it without any problem. Riika never cared to speak swedish perfectly and she has really strong finnish/hungarian accent on swedish. She learnt the language by using it to everyday life (friends), while Martti give more attention of learning the proper pronounciation of icelandic, and managed to speak it with very small accent.

Childhood:
The parents,  one was finnish one was hungarian. Father was not immune, but really careful, but died early (when the children

Personalities and interests:
Riika:
he is a boyish girl, with interest of seeing the known world and loves travelling around. she is really sarcastic and often seems really rude. She never means any harm. She is really noisy and loud too. he seeks for attention.. She is learnt to be a healer doctor because parents make her, she almost finished her studies when she left it. she still could be a healer, but she decided to become something else she would like. She liked to the medical studies and is still interested, but she is more into travelling and exploring, wondering around.
Martti:
He is a bit nicer and calmer, prefers to be alone, but not completely. he likes people around him but he is prefer to stay out of the attention. He used to learn to be skald too, because of parents, He also left this studies, when he learnt about cleansers. He is into any kind of pyro stuffs.

EDIT I.:
Jobs:
They both had academic studies. Riika was getting trying to get to be a doctor/Healer, while Martti choose to be a skald, but both left school before completely finishing. The parents made them choose some academic studies. they simply lost interest in them as they were really close to finish studies. They also tried to work as them later. Riika tried to get an other job, as Scout, she thoguht it would be cool maybe and easy, Martti followed her, until he found out about cleanser job and joined to a group first. They joined to the military in Keuruu for a longer time, then moved to Saimaa, where they tries to get same job, but currenly unemployed. They also don't mind to work as Healer/Skald. They both more like freelance workers.

Love interests, sexuality and such things:
They never got any bond to other people for real, they got friends at many places, but mostly lost contact with them (happy to see them again anyway) they both had crushes many times, but got over it easily. none of them ever dated. They both has male and female crushes. They are unsure.

Family Tree:
On their father's side, everyone was (finnish born) hungarian. the father's parents were both hungarians, who was born in Finland. they met randomly and grew love and tried to keep the hungarian side. which half ended, when the father of the twins found a finnish girl. but he tried to keep the tradition and taugh the children hungarian and some tradition. trhe father's grandmother who is still alive, she loved to make clothes and make many clothes for her grandchildren, which Martti often wears (these clothes often has hungarian tradition themed stuffs on it)
the father died long time ago in an accident. The mother is still alive, living in Saimaa.
pic of the family tree

were around 14). the mother were immune, who took care of them (she was also a trained mage). They often travelled between places, they lived in sweden for a longer time, just like other cities in Finland. currently they live in Saimaa again. Martti and Riika was never separated for longer time, they always stick together.

EDIT II.:
Studies and skills:
- They studied a lot in Finland (age 5-12) then in Sweden (12-20), to get higher studies. the family was really a brainy family, even the father was never finished higher schools.
Because of parents they went to school for really long time, they are skilled for their studied, but they never got any papers about them (they are not official for them, but they could do those jobs easily with no problem)
Riika was sent to study medical studies, She was really talented in her own way. She knew everything but se could not pass the exams, whenever she had to say what she was doing.
While Martti was learning history, literature. at his younger age, he did translation of many hungarian books, or papers, he could got but he never give the translations out (probably they got lost too). he has a slitgly good sense to translate between hungarian-finnish-icelandic.
- They both have finnish mage skill, which they have never trained ever. They can't even use a spell at all. (Their mother and her family were mages) They were never interested or realized about their skill or ability about this. They often forget when they meet and talk in the dream world. They have a save dreamplace, which they share. it looks like an old Hungarian fort (often turns to a battlefield after fight). only abilities they have, they can sense when a beast, troll or giant are getting closer. they got trained for this by their mother, who said, if they feel anything, put mask on and hide. This is how they survived anywhere (the father had no this ability).

More can be asked or posted on my tumblr: http://sigruneidee.tumblr.com/ (see their personal tag in the tag-list)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:37:17 AM by Martti Kakkiainen »
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2485 on: June 20, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »
I'm in

I'm sure Fim plays the flaming bagpipes

While riding in a chariot with scythe blades on the wheels.
I believe it.

Oops. Well Haiz is my fave too. (The glasseslessness threw me off)
eeee

I am done with mine, which can be weird, since it is two instead of one, I basically slipped myself into a twins. Here it is....

that is actually so cool!!!!! WELCOME TO THE SQUAD! both of... you..........
nice uniform on Martti, where'd he get such one as that?
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2486 on: June 20, 2015, 04:11:48 PM »

I can also play violin if I have to. But I don't actually own one. A lot of violin stuff can be done on viola as long as it doesn't go up too high. If you get up high like 5th position on the E string though, then that's hell to play on viola. But I used to go around school with a spare violin concerto in my bag and transpose it from treble clef into alto clef whenever I had a spare moment *is such a nerd* I may have also analyzed the entire chord progression in Bach's suite for solo cello in C Major during english class... (that was also the year I ate like 5 levels of music theory in a week and my teacher had no idea what to do with me)

Martti: I love your sonas! Your art work is so clean and well done!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2487 on: June 20, 2015, 04:25:33 PM »
Welcome to all the new ssssonas!!  ;D

Martti: First thought - wooo, this is so cute!!
Second thought - wait... that means I will have to draw not one, but TWO more characters in one of the expedition groups.

Don't mind me. Both of your ssssonas are amazing.

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2488 on: June 20, 2015, 04:25:53 PM »
Spoiler: show

Original way of shutting it up! What trolls will come after it, though - lots of little annoyed people with headaches?

Alexis casts magic missile!

wow, drawing this took forever. and maybe when i stop relying on traditional bases, maybe it will look a little different. ( i am beginning to hate the skirt. it mucks up movement alot.)

and heres the alexis without the fire thingy

It is a really cool skirt but I see how it can be a pain to draw all those strands flaps you know what word I'm looking for.

Their language:
They both are finnish born hungarian, or at least their father tried to keep the hungarian line into his children. He taught them, talked to them in hungarian, also their grandparents were talking mostly hungarian anyway. They almost never use hungarian, unless between each other privately to keep other out of their small talk. they both speak finnish as native and fist language, a bit of hungarian of course, Riika speaks more of icelandic, while Martti speaks only very basics of icelandic. Martti got more interested in swedish when he had his studies, unlike Riika.

Childhood:
The parents,  one was finnish one was hungarian. Father was not immune, but really careful, but died early (when the children were around 14). the mother were immune, who took care of them. They often travelled between places, they lived in sweden for a longer time, just like other cities. currently they live in Saimaa again. Martti and Riika was never separated for longer, they always stick together.

Personalities and interest
s:
Riika:
he is a boyish girl, with interest of seeing the known world and loves travelling around. she is really sarcastic and often seems really rude. She never means any harm. She is really noisy and loud too. he seeks for attention.. She is learnt to be a healer doctor because parents make her, she almost finished her studies when she left it. she still could be a healer, but she decided to become something else she would like. She liked to the medical studies and is still interested, but she is more into travelling and exploring, wondering around.
Martti:
He is a bit nicer and calmer, prefers to be alone, but not completely. he likes people around him but he is prefer to stay out of the attention. He used to learn to be skald too, because of parents, He also left this studies, when he learnt about cleansers. He is into any kind of pyro stuffs.

Double insert looks good!

WIP on my art-trade with Daiseerose. I managed to do a lot more on it than expected today! The rest will have to wait until monday, as I'm working (again! I miss my old job!) tomorrow.

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2489 on: June 20, 2015, 04:53:52 PM »
Haiz But I thought the blorptroll is the cutest thing ever. Is something wrong with me? And I'm so happy you liked my nonsense! :D

RandomTexanReader Oh.. I-i totally don't know how to accept compliments, so... I'll just go to some quiet place to cry with happiness. Yes, that's my plan.

Martti Kakkiainen eEEEeeeeE! Hello to you, adorable finnish twins! What a great idea, great design and great backstory! EEEE!

Also, I have a question. Maybe there is someone who interested in art-trade with me or something like that? I think this is my only chance to get to know at least some of the new 'sonas