Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843247 times)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #645 on: April 17, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »
*meeeeeeeep!* (Heheh, I think I need to produce more varied onomatopoeia :P - assume this is the sound that happens when I'm excited by an art thing!). I get drawn :D !!!!!!!!!! If you're happy waiting we could art trade? I've some other stuff being prioritised now (and I'm really slow at drawing) so you probably wouldn't see anything for a week or two, but if your happy with that then I think it would be pretty fun to draw your SSSSona :3
Huh, that's strange it looks like it's there for me :/ Well it's on the powerpoint of absolutely everyone however, so it might be better for me to post that rather than repost (slide 19 at the moment).
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.p

As for being a bit more ambitious, well that seems like half the fun of things :P and so long as your happy with your work take all the time you need and make it awesome!

Background can be height bars if it makes it easier :3 (165ish centimetres) or wooden panels as you'd expect to find in a viking hall if you'd like something different - you're the one drawing so your choice!

Sure, I haven't started yours yet, so take however much time you need. I will be posting my bio before I post the next story.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #646 on: April 17, 2015, 12:32:57 PM »
i may redo my ssssona with my new haircut

"Need your hair cropped cap'n? *twirls combat knife*"

I wonder if there's a hair saloon in Aurland/Dalsnes. I can imagine Emil discovering that there isn't and promptly deciding that Norway is "barbarian territory".

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #647 on: April 17, 2015, 12:40:08 PM »
The lack of opposable thumbs might be a hurdle though.

I'm sure I can use someone else's.

Minus the completely fictional fez, of course. There's no way that it'ld stay on your head while you tunnel through walls.

You wound me, Sir, I'll have you know I'm fully trained in fez-wearing!  >:(
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:41:59 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #648 on: April 17, 2015, 12:46:14 PM »
http://yoruhana-hitsugaya.deviantart.com/art/info-Matthew-Makinen-SSSS-self-insert-527435208?ga_submit_new=10%253A1429288449

Yet, base bio done!
Mathew Mäkinen (Sequoyah)
Was born in Finland
His mother was descendant of a group of Cherokee Indians that had been asked to demonstrate their customs, when the rash broke out they stayed to help.
He's trained as Medicine Man, but is regarded by Finnish military as a mage.
He's studied both Icelandic and Finnish mage traditions.
Speaks; Cherokee, Finnish, Icelandic,a few words in Swedish/Norwegian/Danish
His actual name is Sequoyah, but it's Matthew that appears on his paperwork.
Sequoyah means sparrow in Cherokee.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #649 on: April 17, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
SQUEEEEE
This thread has grown so much in the last couple days! Nice to see a couple new faces on here, and also *my* face! ;D (Thank you, Frenci! And DancingRanger, that is so nice and thank you and stuffs. [I can't seem to words to-day, sorry.])
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #650 on: April 17, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
SQUEEEEE
This thread has grown so much in the last couple days! Nice to see a couple new faces on here, and also *my* face! ;D (Thank you, Frenci! And DancingRanger, that is so nice and thank you and stuffs. [I can't seem to words to-day, sorry.])
You're welcome. ^_^

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #651 on: April 17, 2015, 02:55:10 PM »
Phew, I've reached the end of this thread!
Your OC's are so amazing, you people are really creative! :)

Maybe later I'll join the fun...
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #652 on: April 17, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »
Phew, I've reached the end of this thread!
Your OC's are so amazing, you people are really creative! :)

Maybe later I'll join the fun...

Yeah, we're rather vocal here. We'd love to have another crew member.

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #653 on: April 17, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »
kahli: I wanted to draw everyone as chibi, but then i messed up th proportions so i drew everyone in this... deformed-cute-ish kinda style... but it still looks cute, so is ok!

Gwenno: \(/°//U//°/)/ *bad at taking compliments*

KicknRun: You're welcome

Solokov:

U're welcome XD

Oh Deer: Y-you don't need to feel like you must to draw something for me o(X//w///X)o but if you really do thank you!!

AquaAurion:I just really wanted to do it ^^
+ we were talking about some stuff i don't care about during english class (maybe something about futboll(socker(?)) players?)

Elrew: I drew in that style, cos for every scketch i need like 5 minutes, they really take no time (exeption made for those where i had some problems interpreting (but that is a problem of mine) or i had to make up how the down part looked like...)
that one is me °(°^°)° YAS!

Haiz: *face of happyness*

Sigrid Marie: They do? Yei! *^*
free food! \(°U°)/ yei!

Curry: *exited* °H°

ruth: *happy dance*

mithrysc: naah. I was suppoused to have english class when i started doodleing, then we had to listen to some guy talking about WW1... I also wanted to draw everyone since a while now.

Also some random things
i drew everyone who was in the slide show and used those pics as reference an so i drew everyone exept for Dane Murgen... sorry tho. I first thought about drawing you, but i got lazy and so in the end i did not bother to search for how a filippino and a Catholic priest's robe are suppoused to look like.... I'm extremly sory for my lazyness.
extemly sory.
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #654 on: April 17, 2015, 05:01:13 PM »
Blurp two done! This time based from Laufey's awesome picture!

Something in the air didn't feel right. Pale eyes wandered the corridor, the light from the Cleanser's lamps lighting up all but the darkest corners. Something, no someone brushed against his shoulder. Eyes wandered to the figure next to him.
"You okay, Haiz?" The voice was soft, and very concerned. The bright green eyes darkened to a deep emerald ghosted to meet the other's eyes.
"Y-yeah. I didn't mean to startle you." A gloved hand came up and a those pale eyes looked around. The Cleansers had moved out of sight, and the two mages were alone.
"It's fine." Again the voice was soft, calm, almost too calm. A gentle hand was placed on Haiz's shoulder and the scout moved a bit closer. There was definitely something here that didn't feel right.
"Sequoyah?" His name whispered over his ears, and the pale eyes found their way back onto Haiz. The other mage had just seemed then to pick up on the same feeling that he'd just been thinking about.
"Hmm? You feel it too?" There was a nod and the slightly shorter mage closed the distance between them.
"We need to get out of here." The pitch of Haiz's voice jumped up, and Sequoyah gently squeezed their shoulder. He moved forward and gently lead toward where he thought the Cleansers had gone.
The pair quietly moved through the dusty hall, the silence becoming deafening.
"Sequoyah?" The silence fell back, and the the scout paused, and turned to look at the other.
"Hmm?" Haiz started to speak, when the scout's head whipped to the side, the eyes boring into the darkness. Suddenly Sequoyah, grabbed hir wrist and drug them to run. There was a sudden panic to those cold eyes as the pair charged through the corridors. Just as suddenly Sequoyah stopped, his head whipped back and forth, and he pushed Haiz behind him as he stepped back. From the darkest corners several trolls move forward, effectively trapping the pair where they stood. Sequoyah had already begun murmuring a soft plea for the spirits of the trolls to leave them be. Haiz's eyes scanned the area before spotting the small spot of sunlight above them. A tap on the shoulder and the faintly glowing eyes flitted to the other then to the small broken hole in the window above them. The pair nodded to each other and the scout crouched allowing the the other to clamber onto his shoulders, before hoisting them up to the light. There was a frantic urgency as both mages drew out the staves needed to rid the troll from their path.

From outside the building a solid thuump was heard before being followed by the screams of trolls. Not long later the excavation team came running out, the mages covered in dust and some troll blood. All four unharmed and quickly recovered.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #655 on: April 17, 2015, 05:18:02 PM »
DancingRanger: yes, this is probably exactly how it happened. I especially love that you figured out the mystery of the magepile. :D

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #656 on: April 17, 2015, 05:24:29 PM »
@Sunflower: So if I follow correctly it'd be a typewriter note.. would you want it signed off with your 'sona's name or not?

@Gwenno: I did not know about the infodump....Neat!

@KicknRun: Minibraids... shiny!

@KauniitaUnia: No it's not too late. 

@Sigrid: Personally mine is myself but a bit of OC as well because I can't speak Danish, Finnish or Ukrainian..... Yet....However the whole Pnuematic cannon fiasco noted in his dossier?... that totally happened however I didn't fire it at anything important, just a mountainside. and it wasn't entirely pneumatic, it was a weird combination of pneumatic, combustion and a rudimentary coilgun.

@General stuff:  So we've got A reference to Sunflower's ssss'sona, Gwenno, Kicknrun, KauniiUnia, kahli and myself planned to be on the dossier table. Did I miss anyone?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #657 on: April 17, 2015, 05:30:17 PM »
@Sunflower: So if I follow correctly it'd be a typewriter note.. would you want it signed off with your 'sona's name or not?

@Sigrid: Personally mine is myself but a bit of OC as well because I can't speak Danish, Finnish or Ukrainian..... Yet....However the whole Pnuematic cannon fiasco noted in his dossier?... that totally happened however I didn't fire it at anything important, just a mountainside. and it wasn't entirely pneumatic, it was a weird combination of pneumatic, combustion and a rudimentary coilgun.
@General stuff:  So we've got A reference to Sunflower's ssss'sona, Gwenno, Kicknrun, KauniiUnia, kahli and myself planned to be on the dossier table. Did I miss anyone?

Yes, a typewritten memo/note was what I was picturing.  Signed with my SSSSona's name if it makes dramatic sense to you -- but not if it doesn't.  You can just assume a bunch of blurry newspaper clippings barely visible under the dossiers are from me if you prefer. 

BTW, the pneumatic cannon 'splosion actually happened?!?  :o  Now I want to see your IRL dossier.   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #658 on: April 17, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »

Next one - Fimbulvarg. Seriously, I could not let the awesomeness of the fez-troll slide unavenged. :D I like to call this pic either "What Was That Sound" or "Sometimes Tying Sharp Things to Other Things Is a Good Idea".

(Larger version can be found here.)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #659 on: April 17, 2015, 05:37:50 PM »
DancingRanger: yes, this is probably exactly how it happened. I especially love that you figured out the mystery of the magepile. :D

Yeah, I thought it looked like Haiz was half claiming, half being lifted. As I said before there will be more.