Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141089 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #480 on: November 12, 2014, 04:19:44 PM »
I seriously hope not.

Shhh! I meant that you studies are not as important, as long as you write this book!

448. Could've done better, but I got distracted  >:(

Aaand... ladies and gentlemen, this was my last appearance for the day! You may tune in for tomorrow's show at whatever-hour-I-am-online PM for the next word sprint series! Good night!

PS: I just feel the need to specify, for Kex, that I am not writing about aliens  ;)

EDIT: Darn, so close to the 18.000 mark! Only 210 words! I think I'll write for these ten minutes I have left before I go to sleep...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 04:21:57 PM by Nimphy »
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #481 on: November 12, 2014, 04:19:54 PM »
312, I think. I forgot where I actually started writing. I also reached the end of a prologue-y thing, and introduced what may or may not be a plot trinket. I'll find out, I guess.

EDIT: See, the problem is, when I have the most time free there's no one around to do word sprints with me. Time zones whyyyy
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 04:22:20 PM by mithrysc »

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #482 on: November 12, 2014, 04:22:05 PM »
312, I think. I forgot where I actually started writing. I also reached the end of a prologue-y thing, and introduced what may or may not be a plot trinket. I'll find out, I guess.

Yay! Plot trinkets! I have a few. Maybe. They are: a book, a "police" badge, and a strange, magical lizard-bug thing.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #483 on: November 12, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
Yay! Plot trinkets! I have a few. Maybe. They are: a book, a "police" badge, and a strange, magical lizard-bug thing.

I love strange magical lizard-bug things (or actually, any sort of strange magical creature things). Can it fly?

Mine is a compass. And some sort of feather badge thing.

Nimphy

« Reply #484 on: November 12, 2014, 04:23:59 PM »

PSSST! The signature! Jeez, how do you expect me to write down that poem if you don't update it!

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #485 on: November 12, 2014, 04:30:11 PM »
I love strange magical lizard-bug things (or actually, any sort of strange magical creature things). Can it fly?

Mine is a compass. And some sort of feather badge thing.

Nope, can't fly, but it's related to strange, creepy dragon-centaur things which can, but I doubt those will show up in the story.

PSSST! The signature! Jeez, how do you expect me to write down that poem if you don't update it!

I, uh, I did. It just happens to be the same line today as yesterday.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #486 on: November 12, 2014, 05:39:57 PM »
Okay, the school day is over and I am ready for writing despite already writing two half-essays today. The plot has finally started! - I think.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #487 on: November 12, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »
Okay, the school day is over and I am ready for writing despite already writing two half-essays today. The plot has finally started! - I think.

I think my plot has started, but I'm missing most of the middle parts.

So. As part of my story, I just made a list of a dead man's belongings. It comprises one chapter. I should probably remember that I am hypothetically writing a story for a hypothetical audience to read.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:31:06 PM by mithrysc »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #488 on: November 13, 2014, 03:08:49 AM »

So. As part of my story, I just made a list of a dead man's belongings. It comprises one chapter. I should probably remember that I am hypothetically writing a story for a hypothetical audience to read.

Hey, it's postmodern!  If lists were good enough for Homer (Catalog of Ships, etc.), Melville (Moby-Dick), Umberto Eco (The Name of the Rose), James Joyce (I *think* Ulysses and Finnegans Wake) and Tim O'Brien (The Things They Carried), they're good enough for you.

I like lists.  When I was a reporter, I used bulleted lists a lot.  I think someone's belongings would say a lot about him, if they were chosen well.  So count me among your hypothetical audience.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Nimphy

« Reply #489 on: November 13, 2014, 02:27:17 PM »
Sigh... it appears I have become addicted to group writing. Anyone want to have a word race?

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #490 on: November 13, 2014, 02:35:08 PM »
Hey, it's postmodern!  If lists were good enough for Homer (Catalog of Ships, etc.), Melville (Moby-Dick), Umberto Eco (The Name of the Rose), James Joyce (I *think* Ulysses and Finnegans Wake) and Tim O'Brien (The Things They Carried), they're good enough for you.

I like lists.  When I was a reporter, I used bulleted lists a lot.  I think someone's belongings would say a lot about him, if they were chosen well.  So count me among your hypothetical audience.

I like them as far as they are not written by Theodor Fontane. Gosh, I hated "Miss Jenny Treibel" and it's far shorter than "Effi Briest". But the worst description are part of a mishapp translation of the Lord of the Rings. The translator describes every leave to smallest detail until you want to cry out loud. Afar from these examples I totally agree with Sunflower, descriptions and lists are pretty nice and are doing fine for (my) imagination.

Sorry Nimphy, no Word races this weekend. Half an hour left until bedtime and then the weekend is off. I will have to catch up on you guys, when I'm back home.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #491 on: November 13, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »

Oh, thanks. :) Nice to know I'm not the only one who likes to use lists.

Sigh... it appears I have become addicted to group writing. Anyone want to have a word race?

Sure! Never mind that I've finished pretty much all the scenes in which I kind of had an idea what was happening. I'll think of something...

Nimphy

« Reply #492 on: November 13, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »
Oh, thanks. :) Nice to know I'm not the only one who likes to use lists.

Sure! Never mind that I've finished pretty much all the scenes in which I kind of had an idea what was happening. I'll think of something...

At :45?

I like them as far as they are not written by Theodor Fontane. Gosh, I hated "Miss Jenny Treibel" and it's far shorter than "Effi Briest". But the worst description are part of a mishapp translation of the Lord of the Rings. The translator describes every leave to smallest detail until you want to cry out loud. Afar from these examples I totally agree with Sunflower, descriptions and lists are pretty nice and are doing fine for (my) imagination.

Sorry Nimphy, no Word races this weekend. Half an hour left until bedtime and then the weekend is off. I will have to catch up on you guys, when I'm back home.

Good night Kex! Buon viaggio!

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #493 on: November 13, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »
At :45?

Good night Kex! Buon viaggio!

Fine with me. (and good night, Kex, also!)

And since for once no one else is around to be bothered by it, I'll be blasting setting music to play in the background. :P

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #494 on: November 13, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
Thank you guys! Wish you a whole bunch of inspiring thoughts over the weekend!
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information