Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141116 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #420 on: November 11, 2014, 02:30:38 PM »
Intermissions really help catching up. There is so much additional information some would have to know about thing like the autistic spectre, epileptic spasm or just how the youth welfare service operates (and how their actions sometimes are far from creating any sense....). Well. 18400, I call it a day and will soon leave for bed.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #421 on: November 11, 2014, 02:31:42 PM »
Nope, don't think I have my wordcount. Whenever I need a name I just go to the adopt a name section of the forum though. I usually find something. Or I translate a random word into the cypher I use for the foreign language. You have no idea what sort of weirdness some characters are named.

I like the cypher idea. Sometimes I DO have a name (like in this last word sprint) but my memory fails me and I start writing those things. Shall we continue:

a) With word sprints - :45
b) Writing by ourselves
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #422 on: November 11, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »
I like the cypher idea. Sometimes I DO have a name (like in this last word sprint) but my memory fails me and I start writing those things. Shall we continue:

b) Writing by ourselves

Both. :P (I'm still doing sprints whether or not anyone's doing them with me, just because I really need to get some more writing done.)

Nimphy

« Reply #423 on: November 11, 2014, 02:39:53 PM »
Both. :P (I'm still doing sprints whether or not anyone's doing them with me, just because I really need to get some more writing done.)

Heh. Lonely word sprints sound sad.

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #424 on: November 11, 2014, 02:42:04 PM »

b) Writing by ourselves

a) sounds good. Let's see if I can get this show on the road. Or off it. My characters are currently standing randomly in the midddle of a road.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #425 on: November 11, 2014, 02:55:20 PM »
a) sounds good. Let's see if I can get this show on the road. Or off it. My characters are currently standing randomly in the midddle of a road.

Yeah! A!

Two characters have been running around a music store for pages and pages. I haven't even mentioned the other two for days.

Nimphy

« Reply #426 on: November 11, 2014, 03:01:30 PM »
I was sure I had written super-slowly. 529 words according to the less favorable site (AKA wordcounter) I'm just hopping back and forth in time, afraid to start the real plot...

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #427 on: November 11, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »
I was sure I had written super-slowly. 529 words according to the less favorable site (AKA wordcounter) I'm just hopping back and forth in time, afraid to start the real plot...

263. I'm actually trying to avoid the plot and focus on character studies this chapter, because it had too few words. I'm afraid it it's starting to get extremely easy to think the MC is falling for the other MC, but I'm trying to avoid it. Hope I can turn it into the kind of relationship I want by the end of the novel.
 Mostly quiet.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #428 on: November 11, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »
322 words for me. Definitely wrote slowly.

Heh. Lonely word sprints sound sad.
*sniff*

Well I guess that means that you just have to stay up doing sprints with me, then :P.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #429 on: November 11, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »
Woo! Chapter 5 is done! And it only took me two more days than I meant for it to do!
 Mostly quiet.

Fenris

« Reply #430 on: November 11, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »
Hurrah, plot has finally started moving, chapter 2 is done (although it ended up significantly shorter than I expected), I just need a thousand more words till the 10k words badge and one out of three actually named characters are dead along with a whole slew of innocent animals.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #431 on: November 11, 2014, 04:46:45 PM »
Hurrah, plot has finally started moving, chapter 2 is done (although it ended up significantly shorter than I expected), I just need a thousand more words till the 10k words badge and one out of three actually named characters are dead along with a whole slew of innocent animals.

Oh, well. I have a creepy, zombie-mutant dog, though it died (again) shortly after it's first appearance.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #432 on: November 11, 2014, 04:50:30 PM »

I'm still considering carefully which character should I kill.

Oh, well. I have a creepy, zombie-mutant dog, though it died (again) shortly after it's first appearance.

Will you stop it already? I want to read your book right now AND you're making my inner critic yell even louder! It took a lot of effort to close her in that cell, so stop it!

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
I'm still considering carefully which character should I kill.

Will you stop it already? I want to read your book right now AND you're making my inner critic yell even louder! It took a lot of effort to close her in that cell, so stop it!

Why do you have to kill anyone? Oh! I know! Kill your inner critic! Then try and ressurect her, badly, and you too can have a creepy zombie-mutant thing! :D
 Mostly quiet.

Fenris

« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2014, 05:06:48 PM »
A zombie-mutant dog? Damn, I wish to read your book.