Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141086 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #315 on: November 09, 2014, 01:09:05 PM »
I agree. It's less then 300 words before earning the next badge. Fenris, you can do this!

Heh, I find it funny. I'm sitting at 11.999 words. Just one more and I'd be at 12.000. Yet the change is too big! I don't wanna!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fenris

« Reply #316 on: November 09, 2014, 01:21:22 PM »
I agree. It's less then 300 words before earning the next badge. Fenris, you can do this!
Well, with the 1,676 words I wrote yesterday, I got the 5k words badge. I don't think anything I'd write currently would be up to par though, and the 4,766 words I wrote today ended the first chapter (so I got the prologue and the first chapter done). It seems like I'll have quite a bit of time off tomorrow as well, so hopefully I'll reach the 10k words mark then.

And I still need to figure out what the title of the novel should be. I guess I'll do that last.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #317 on: November 09, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
Heh, I find it funny. I'm sitting at 11.999 words. Just one more and I'd be at 12.000. Yet the change is too big! I don't wanna!

Do it. And then take up the chase again :).
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #318 on: November 09, 2014, 01:39:33 PM »
Do it. And then take up the chase again :).

Did it. Waaah, my perfect number is ruined! I shall get to 13000, then.

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #319 on: November 09, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »
Did it. Waaah, my perfect number is ruined! I shall get to 13000, then.

I missed taking a break at 11111 but at 22222 I will make one. I like these numbers.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #320 on: November 09, 2014, 02:34:58 PM »
I'm stuck. I'm suposed to write a chapter today (I write short chapters) to catch up to my prefered wordcount, but even though I know how I want to end it, I have no clue what to put in the middle! What do I doooo?
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Fenris

« Reply #321 on: November 09, 2014, 02:46:05 PM »
Just finished writing a scene where the main character is instructed how to use a flintlock because I can't quit now, I blame an addictive personality and/or society and I never thought I would write the words 'cock' and 'cocked' this much in anything.

I'm stuck. I'm suposed to write a chapter today (I write short chapters) to catch up to my prefered wordcount, but even though I know how I want to end it, I have no clue what to put in the middle! What do I doooo?
Start write and hope the ending of the chapter will make sense from what you write in the middle?

Nimphy

« Reply #322 on: November 09, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »

You must know something that will happen. I quite loved Veronica Roth's peptalk, it's a thing that I often do for my beloved children... I mean, stories. My beloved stories. Be the writer your story needs. You usually write in chronological order? Write out of order. Find a scene in the future you want to write and just do it. The same thing happened to me (I knew what should happen, just not how to fill in the scene) today, and I went at some not-better-specified point in the future and started writing random scenes. Anything. I've already locked in one of the scenes that a few days ago were "future".
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:34:37 PM by Nimphy »

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #323 on: November 09, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »
You must know something that will happen. I quite loved Veronica Roth's peptalk, it's a thing that I often do for my beloved children... I mean, stories. My beloved stories. Be the writer your story needs. You usually write in chronological order? Write out of order. Find a scene in the future you want to write and just do it. The same thing happened to me (I knew what should happen, just not how to fill in the scene) today, and I went at some not-better-specified point in the future and started writing random scenes. Anything. I've already locked in one of the scenes that a few days ago were "future".

Yeah, I'll try. Doesn't help that I hate most of what I've written 'tll now today :(
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #324 on: November 09, 2014, 04:22:06 PM »
Dammit.
I just wrote a scene I really liked - and somehow I managed to lose it all!

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #325 on: November 09, 2014, 04:36:34 PM »
Dammit.
I just wrote a scene I really liked - and somehow I managed to lose it all!

Nooo! That's the worst thing that could happen!
I finished writing the ending of chapter 5. I think this is the first one to end on a cliffhanger. I still need the insides of the chapter though, and I still don't know what to fill it with.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #326 on: November 09, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »
Nooo! That's the worst thing that could happen!
I finished writing the ending of chapter 5. I think this is the first one to end on a cliffhanger. I still need the insides of the chapter though, and I still don't know what to fill it with.

False alarm, both luckily and unluckily. Luckily because I am SO glad I didn't lose that scene. Unluckily because I re-wrote from scratch about half of the scene before I found out that I had somehow managed to hide the original version on a sub-sub-sub folder of sorts.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #327 on: November 09, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »
False alarm, both luckily and unluckily. Luckily because I am SO glad I didn't lose that scene. Unluckily because I re-wrote from scratch about half of the scene before I found out that I had somehow managed to hide the original version on a sub-sub-sub folder of sorts.

Well, at least the half-written version still counts to your word count.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #328 on: November 09, 2014, 05:37:47 PM »
Oh dear. It appears I missed all the fun. Glad to hear you guys all got your word counts up, though.

:P Well, back to writing.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #329 on: November 09, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »
I think I missed my daily wordcount bo one word. Would anyone kill me if I told them I cheated at that one?
 Mostly quiet.