Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141097 times)

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #285 on: November 09, 2014, 09:42:55 AM »
That was fun! Hang on, I'll count....

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #286 on: November 09, 2014, 09:43:22 AM »
Grrr. 439. I usually do better.

You write faster than I do.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #287 on: November 09, 2014, 09:45:36 AM »
You write faster than I do.

I do? Wow. I usually write slowly, but in word races I really write a lot. And have fun. And discover some pretty darn interesting things about my characters.

I know people who in those 15 minutes can write up to 900 words O_o

Anyone up for another one at :00?
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #288 on: November 09, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »
I do? Wow. I usually write slowly, but in word races I really write a lot. And have fun. And discover some pretty darn interesting things about my characters.

Why not. I should be writing anyway.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »

That was a great idea, Nimphy! I got 302 words out of that and I'm - hoping - I'll be done with this history lesson soon. (Seriously, this is like page three or four of it.) I'll totally be up for another one!

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2014, 09:52:44 AM »
I'm in as well.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »
466, better :)

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2014, 10:19:44 AM »
466, better :)

290, worse. :(

Ah, well. I tried. :)

Nimphy

« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »
290, worse. :(

Ah, well. I tried. :)

Hey, look at it like this: those are 300 whole words you didn't have before! Do you know what that means? In half an hour you just wrote 600 words that you didn't have before, and if you do two more of these races you'll me more than done for the day!

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »
Hey, look at it like this: those are 300 whole words you didn't have before! Do you know what that means? In half an hour you just wrote 600 words that you didn't have before, and if you do two more of these races you'll me more than done for the day!

Yeah, I know. Thanks!

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2014, 10:25:56 AM »
487 :). Now the 12.000 mark is in sight. Nearly as much done as I intended.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #296 on: November 09, 2014, 10:31:14 AM »
I'm sitting at 11.600 at the moment.

Meanwhile, I'll post a short excerpt from what I just wrote. I did say that I would be sharing something "yesterday" night.

1) Humans were quite ugly. They were largely hairless, and all the ahir they did have was concentrated on top of their head, and only there. Their skin was a sickly, pale mixture of yellow and pink and their lips for some reason were bright pink, making them look even worse. They had little ears which for some reason had rounded tips. And they were absolutely useless. They could not smell anything, without their eyesight they were almost paralyzed, they were unable to track the origin of a scent, and their hearing was so horrible she suspected they could be in the middle of a storm and not hear anything. They were slow and incredibly frail - Caelan had once managed to break a leg just by falling down a tree [...] (continues describing humans for a bit)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #297 on: November 09, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
I'm sitting at 11.600 at the moment.

Meanwhile, I'll post a short excerpt from what I just wrote. I did say that I would be sharing something "yesterday" night.

1) Humans were quite ugly. They were largely hairless, and all the ahir they did have was concentrated on top of their head, and only there. Their skin was a sickly, pale mixture of yellow and pink and their lips for some reason were bright pink, making them look even worse. They had little ears which for some reason had rounded tips. And they were absolutely useless. They could not smell anything, without their eyesight they were almost paralyzed, they were unable to track the origin of a scent, and their hearing was so horrible she suspected they could be in the middle of a storm and not hear anything. They were slow and incredibly frail - Caelan had once managed to break a leg just by falling down a tree [...] (continues describing humans for a bit)

Uhm, these humans are pretty horrible. I can picture them pretty well but what is their special ability? How do they cope? All those question are not down to critique but mean I'm in on the story. I would like to know more about these creatures and whether they are part of a fantasy world or provide a fearful sight to the future were evolution has take its course due to the fashion industrie's request to shear your hair all over the body (excluding the top) and the mobile technology leaving us with a loss of hearing because we are only writing to each other in spite of talking directly...

You inspire my fantasy Nimphy, well done.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #298 on: November 09, 2014, 10:51:15 AM »
Uhm, these humans are pretty horrible. I can picture them pretty well but what is their special ability? How do they cope? All those question are not down to critique but mean I'm in on the story. I would like to know more about these creatures and whether they are part of a fantasy world or provide a fearful sight to the future were evolution has take its course due to the fashion industrie's request to shear your hair all over the body (excluding the top) and the mobile technology leaving us with a loss of hearing because we are only writing to each other in spite of talking directly...

You inspire my fantasy Nimphy, well done.

They're... normal humans. Like you and me. The POV character is not XD You just called both of us ugly!

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #299 on: November 09, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »
They're... normal humans. Like you and me. The POV character is not XD You just called both of us ugly!

I'm quite sure none of us is ugly. But sometimes that is pretty much how I see our species. Though my hearing is pretty good and my lips are of a really nice colour far away from pink ;). But if I was an alien I would be impressed as well as terrified by our culture. Do you read "The End" webcomic? There aliens collected information on human beings which lead to a primer including the information, that humans were capable of only speaking about two to three different languages :D.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information