Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141054 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #900 on: November 19, 2015, 07:23:24 AM »
My chapters are too long. My story is too long.
Where are the chocolate bar and my blanket ?

Think of it this way: if the draft is too long, then it's like a block of marble that you can go at with a metaphorical chisel later, and shape into what you want by cutting and refining the text. Adding stuff is a different matter altogether. ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #901 on: November 20, 2015, 03:25:59 PM »
I'm late in what I expected to do. My characters can't follow some things I had on my plan because they have changed at a moment and it doesn't fit them anymore but I don't have time to fix all. My chapters are too longs. My story is too long.
Where are the chocolate bar and my blanket ?
*hands you chocolate* I feel the same way about mine. My total word count (including what I had written before November) is over 100,000 words now. I've been struggling to write the last few days because I wrote what I think is the actual END of my novel...and now I don't know what to do. I want to go back and tweak things (because I definitely have things in there that didn't go according to plan), but I also want to finish NaNoWriMo first. I've been writing little scenes that aren't really important to the main story, but I haven't kept up with the word count goals.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #902 on: November 21, 2015, 08:52:17 PM »
I just had to share my favorite part of my story so far. I keep going back and reading it because it makes me smile. Just to let you know Gilbert can't understand anything being said.
Spoiler:  rude awakening by a certain redhead • show
The next morning Gilbert found himself woken by Sigrun giving him a rather violent shake. Her purplish eyes bore into his red as the opened and she frowned.
"Time to get up. Get your act together. . . Prove you are worth keeping around." Her voice held a dark menace to it and Gilbert involuntarily shuddered, he made a mental note not to make her mad, at all costs. Once he was sitting up, Sigrun wrenched him to standing, her thin fingers biting into his arm. Biting his tongue Gilbert just barely kept from yelping in both pain and surprise at the action that had just happened. There was a tension forming in the air as Sigrun almost frog marched him to the loading area and finally into the driving compartment. She shoved him down into the bench and flopped down next to him. Mikkel observed the action between the two, and sighed.
"Sigrun, the idea was not to scare him." The medic scolded softly noticing Gilbert's slight trembling, and the nervous way that his crimson eyes kept darting to Sigrun every time she made a noise. The red haired woman gave a scoff, and pierced Mikkel into a hard glare.
"If he is a seasoned warrior he will be fine." Her voice practically dripped venom, and Mikkel wondered how she could be so gentle with Emil but so harsh to Gilbert. It then struck him, Emil she understood, Gilbert was a mystery. The pale man was an unknown outlier, an unplanned piece, a person whom Sigrun could not read. Mikkel blinked and gave Gilbert a soft pat on his shoulder, and the man's trembling stopped. The crimson eyes looked up to the medic's and Gilbert nodded in thanks before looking were Tuuri was driving. The silence that fell between the members of the crew was deafening, and even Reynir did not try to break it. At some point Mikkel handed Gilbert his clothes, bow, and his quiver. Sigrun looked over the man as he donned his weapons and spoke out grimly.
"A long bow. . .Wow. We are so dead. Mikkel this was the worst idea you have ever had" Mikkel was about to speak when Emil looked at Gilbert then looked to Sigrun.
"Actually I think that is a pretty smart move. Bows are quieter than guns. And if he hunts, he wants to be as quiet as he can be." Sigrun fixed Emil in a stare and huffed loudly, the kid was right.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #903 on: November 22, 2015, 11:57:25 PM »
I hope you all are still having luck with writing. *_* I got so much done today, I'm amazed at myself!

... And now my hand is all blue from ink smudges, because I've been writing almost all of it on paper. -_-;

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #904 on: November 23, 2015, 03:47:26 AM »
I got so much done today, I'm amazed at myself!
*Takes a look at your NaNo page* WOW ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #905 on: November 23, 2015, 07:24:49 AM »
*Takes a look at your NaNo page* WOW ! :D

I wrote TWO complete stories! And one of them was like four pages! Méluuuuu, I'm so happy! (Still!)

Mélusine

« Reply #906 on: November 23, 2015, 08:44:06 AM »

I wrote TWO complete stories! And one of them was like four pages! Méluuuuu, I'm so happy! (Still!)
I'll consider it was a good idea to repeat "Join us, join us !" ;)
Perfect image reaction, by the way ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Mélusine

« Reply #907 on: November 26, 2015, 05:42:02 PM »
How to know when your brain is tired with the NaNo : you begin to make mistakes in the name of several characters -__-

*Sends good vibes to everybody who's still writing* :)

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #908 on: November 27, 2015, 12:23:59 AM »
How to know when your brain is tired with the NaNo : you begin to make mistakes in the name of several characters -__-

*Sends good vibes to everybody who's still writing* :)

:'D That does sound like you're exhausted, yes. But!! You're nearly done!

Things I discovered during NaNo: I write so much more quickly and easily when I'm doing it by hand. I don't know why, but on the computer, writing is like pulling teeth, but when it's on paper it just flows so easily. Apparently this is strange? (People keep telling me it's strange, I don't know why.)

Unfortunately left-handed + preference for cheap pens = ink smudges EVERYWHERE...

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #909 on: November 27, 2015, 11:40:22 PM »
Doubleposting like a boss. ;p

I took a break from working on giftfic to work on something personal instead and I'm so glad that I did, because I've written 1k on it and that's probably more than I've done on this story since I started NaNo. (Hannu and Ville have now gone from stumbling around in the woods with Joona and Jonna to... being unnerved by Supernatural Happenings in the woods by themselves : D EXCELLENT)

I'm so close to reaching 20K, which is double what my "wishlist" goal was, ahhhhhHHH. I hope everyone else is feeling good about what they've managed to get done too. Only a few days left! /o/

Mélusine

« Reply #910 on: November 28, 2015, 05:21:24 AM »
I... just doubled the NaNo goal ? O_o This is madness. What have I done ?

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #911 on: November 28, 2015, 11:49:56 AM »
I... just doubled the NaNo goal ? O_o This is madness. What have I done ?

Wait, wait, hold on, here. Do you mean you reached 100k?! Or you just set a goal to reach 100k?

Either way, I am impressed.

Mélusine

« Reply #912 on: November 28, 2015, 12:01:44 PM »
Wait, wait, hold on, here. Do you mean you reached 100k?! Or you just set a goal to reach 100k?

Either way, I am impressed.
Iiiiiii... :-[ It's not my fault ! I'm at 102477 right now, in the middle of my chapter 18/20, with one traumatized character and an other who will have to speak soon but does't want to remember certain things he'll have to explain. Haha T_T It will be a complicated day and chapter, and I always feel bad looking at the traumatized character. *Hides in a corner under a blanket*

Edit. I know, I know, I shouldn't complain. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:25:52 PM by Mélusine »

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #913 on: November 28, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »
I'm so close to reaching 20K, which is double what my "wishlist" goal was, ahhhhhHHH. I hope everyone else is feeling good about what they've managed to get done too. Only a few days left! /o/

Neat! congrats

I... just doubled the NaNo goal ? O_o
well finally!
congrats to you too, even though you still have 2 chapters to write ;)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mélusine

« Reply #914 on: November 28, 2015, 05:59:16 PM »
well finally!
congrats to you too, even though you still have 2 chapters to write ;)
Like if it was expected ! (It wasn't.)
But thank :)