Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141062 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2014, 05:25:12 PM »
You know what I was saying about flying rats? It turns out they are having a secret war with the pigeons. I'm so confused.

Stel, (can I call you Stel?) I'm definitely going to read your story, too :D
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Nimphy

« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2014, 05:36:20 PM »
:) good to hear you found your solution. I actually got a horrible bout of writer's block the day before we were starting, but it dissappeared when I decided on an entrely different opening. There's always a way.

Oh, nuuuuu! I can't believe it! I wrote all those words and got so excited... then remember that the character technically couldn't read, nor write! ARGH! All that work for nothing...  :'(

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2014, 05:40:07 PM »
Oh, nuuuuu! I can't believe it! I wrote all those words and got so excited... then remember that the character technically couldn't read, nor write! ARGH! All that work for nothing...  :'(

It was a journal entry, right? Could you just change who wrote it? If that doesn't work do they have voice-recorders or something? Or maybe someone scribed for them?

Stel, (can I call you Stel?) I'm definitely going to read your story, too :D

I'll have to type it up first. Did I mention that one of the characters is an inanimate statue/self-portrait that someone made of himself?

Nimphy

« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »
It was a journal entry, right? Could you just change who wrote it? If that doesn't work do they have voice-recorders or something? Or maybe someone scribed for them?

Only that character could write. She was travelling alone, and her only companion was a wyvern. But yeah, I concluded that they would have magic voice-recorders or something (coughdeusexmachinacough) :)

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
You know what I was saying about flying rats? It turns out they are having a secret war with the pigeons. I'm so confused.

Yessssss. Birds are secretly at war with everythiiing...

Also, you should really type up your story so we can read it to make it easier to edit.

On another note, I really wanted to join the write-in but had a Thing to do which took up most of yesterday and today. Maybe next time.

Only that character could write. She was travelling alone, and her only companion was a wyvern. But yeah, I concluded that they would have magic voice-recorders or something (coughdeusexmachinacough) :)

Maybe she was narrating to the wyvern. Monologues and all that.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2014, 06:25:53 PM »
Does anyone want to read my gruesome description of what happens when you give a bunch of people completely random powers?
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2014, 06:27:57 PM »
Does anyone want to read my gruesome description of what happens when you give a bunch of people completely random powers?

(the important question) How random?

...how gruesome?

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #247 on: November 08, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »
(the important question) How random?

...how gruesome?
Random enough that very few survives.
Gruesome enough that I'm going to write it in white so that you have to highlight to read it. My novel is not for children or the faint of heart.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #248 on: November 08, 2014, 06:33:22 PM »
Random enough that very few survives.
Gruesome enough that I'm going to write it in white so that you have to highlight to read it. My novel is not for children or the faint of heart.

I should be scared off by this but... Bring it on, Kitty!

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #249 on: November 08, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »
I should be scared off by this but... Bring it on, Kitty!

Alright. Higlight below to read. DO NOT read if you don't like blood.

Some people just exploded in different ways. Some had their blood turn to ice, others fire, and others yet to different, more gruesome things. The castle was destroyed, many bystanders killed, Aleume himself was strangled by one who’s blood made skin constrict, after the poor fellow himself had ruptured beside him. The few lucky ones who ended up with harmless constructs were mostly rather useless as well.
 Mostly quiet.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2014, 06:38:38 PM »

Huh. That's unique.

Nimphy

« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »

Some people just exploded in different ways. Some had their blood turn to ice, others fire, and others yet to different, more gruesome things. The castle was destroyed, many bystanders killed, Aleume himself was strangled by one who’s blood made skin constrict, after the poor fellow himself had ruptured beside him. The few lucky ones who ended up with harmless constructs were mostly rather useless as well.

While it's a very interesting scene (I would say cool, but I don't think if that's the right word... Actually, it is. This is pretty cool), I don't really think it's gruesome. I mean, you skipped over so much details! Had it been me, I'd have probably spent half a page on this thing alone ;)

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2014, 06:42:56 PM »
Huh. That's unique.

I'm going to take that as a compliment.

While it's a very interesting scene (I would say cool, but I don't think if that's the right word... Actually, it is. This is pretty cool), I don't really think it's gruesome. I mean, you skipped over so much details! Had it been me, I'd have probably spent half a page on this thing alone ;)

I would have, but it's not really in character for the one who's speaking, and she wouldn't know the details anyway, seeing as she's just recounting 800 years old history. I mostly called it gruesome because of the, uh, skin thing.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2014, 06:45:05 PM »
I'm going to take that as a compliment.

I would have, but it's not really in character for the one who's speaking, and she wouldn't know the details anyway, seeing as she's just recounting 800 years old history. I mostly called it gruesome because of the, uh, skin thing.

Ah, so that explains it! It's better that way, yeah.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »
Ah, so that explains it! It's better that way, yeah.

Mostly quiet.