Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141067 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2014, 03:40:42 PM »
Who will join today's write in? I know I will! (Word wars are a great way to boost word count. They last 15 minutes and I average 500 words on each. It may not be much, but it feels like very little time has passed and I can reach the daily goal just with three or four of these :D)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »
Who will join today's write in? I know I will! (Word wars are a great way to boost word count. They last 15 minutes and I average 500 words on each. It may not be much, but it feels like very little time has passed and I can reach the daily goal just with three or four of these :D)

I don't really know what it is?
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Nimphy

« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2014, 04:04:27 PM »
/>
Come and join us! We write in company and have biscuits and prompts and viking chipmunks!

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2014, 05:07:37 PM »
/>
Come and join us! We write in company and have biscuits and prompts and viking chipmunks!

They mentioned me, but they didn't read my text because I had to cut it off and it got weird. :(
 Mostly quiet.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2014, 05:08:55 PM »
And now I've named a teacher Mr. Muffin... Plus the annoying classmates aren't as annoying as I had hoped they'd be.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2014, 05:11:57 PM »
And now I've named a teacher Mr. Muffin... Plus the annoying classmates aren't as annoying as I had hoped they'd be.

A bunch of my characters speak a language that is just norwegian with a cypher, and if you translate their names they turn into really weird things. I think I'm going to name my big bad "supervillian".
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2014, 05:12:12 PM »
They mentioned me, but they didn't read my text because I had to cut it off and it got weird. :(

You were there? Didn't notice you! Too bad! I hope you've had fun (they didn't even mention me, but it doesn't really matter).

Today I wrote 2700 words, yay me! I'm starting to get the hang of this thing :D

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »

If you need some inspiration I could come up with some stories about four boys at last who were not allowed to participate on school out of bad behavior. One actually hit my colleague at her chest because he did not want do catch up on doing his homework while his classmates were playing outside.

I managed to nearly catch up yesterday's word count, although I wanted to go to bed about one and a half hours ago.... ;).
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »
You were there? Didn't notice you! Too bad! I hope you've had fun (they didn't even mention me, but it doesn't really matter).

Today I wrote 2700 words, yay me! I'm starting to get the hang of this thing :D

Whoa! If you count the write-in, I wrote 1955 words today, planning on getting in a few more before midnight (in 40 min.)
I'm still trying to catch up.
 Mostly quiet.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #234 on: November 08, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »
Aahhh, it's so much easier to write now that I've gotten my second MC out of prison! Actual dialouge! Character interaction! Talking about constellations! Spontaneous worldbuilding! Actual plot happening! I feel like my novel's finally getting started.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #235 on: November 08, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »
...I have Writer's Block, I think. I've spent so many hours in front of the computer and only got... 97 words.

I think I'll try and write something like crazy now. Or maybe not.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2014, 05:12:12 PM »
...I have Writer's Block, I think. I've spent so many hours in front of the computer and only got... 97 words.

I think I'll try and write something like crazy now. Or maybe not.

Try to go at it from another angle. When I got writer's block I just wrote a scene from later in the novel.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2014, 05:14:48 PM »
Try to go at it from another angle. When I got writer's block I just wrote a scene from later in the novel.

I always do that. Still didn't work. Remember the diary entry that we could write as a prompt yesterday at the write-in? I started making more of those. I felt inspired, and anything is good by now. 300 words and going :D

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
I always do that. Still didn't work. Remember the diary entry that we could write as a prompt yesterday at the write-in? I started making more of those. I felt inspired, and anything is good by now. 300 words and going :D

:) good to hear you found your solution. I actually got a horrible bout of writer's block the day before we were starting, but it dissappeared when I decided on an entrely different opening. There's always a way.
 Mostly quiet.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
You know what I was saying about flying rats? It turns out they are having a secret war with the pigeons. I'm so confused.