Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141091 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #795 on: November 03, 2015, 06:29:02 PM »
Four more people joined the story during today's writing, still a few more for a whole set and then the game can begin!

Spoiler: show
Gita: has entered the house and locked herself in it voluntarily, a fact that bears mentioning because she's the first one to do so instead of getting locked in by the owner. Has met Jonathan, who happened to sit by the same door she climbed in through.
Stats: alive, feeling massively embarrassed about trailing wet footsteps across the floors.

Agata: walking towards the house with her two friends after driving their car off the road and getting it stuck in a ditch.
Stats: alive, very ill-prepared for both the weather and the countryside.

Hugrún: walking towards the house with her twin sister and Agata.
Stats: alive, surprisingly good at walking with high heels over rough terrain.

Guðrún: walking towards the house with the other two, has just spotted Inge heading down the mountain. To be fair Inge spotted the trio way before.
Stats: alive, the only one of the three who'd rather go back to sit in the car instead of looking for help.

Inge: has finally found the house, is looking forward to dry socks.
Stats: alive, tired.
I'm pretty sure it won't be so funny after, but I love to read the stats of your characters ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #796 on: November 03, 2015, 06:37:11 PM »
Ugh I kinda want to write a lot now. I haven't done nano in a few years and it's been several months since I actually worked on a story, so the idea of writing really appeals to me right now. I just... those two uni papers due at the end of the month... ughhhhhhhh. Why couldn't nano be in july or something  :-\
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #797 on: November 03, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »
Ugh I kinda want to write a lot now. I haven't done nano in a few years and it's been several months since I actually worked on a story, so the idea of writing really appeals to me right now. I just... those two uni papers due at the end of the month... ughhhhhhhh. Why couldn't nano be in july or something  :-\
You have NaNo camps, in... maybe April, and July ;) (If I remember correctly.)
And being called by writing is always a good thing !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #798 on: November 03, 2015, 07:04:55 PM »
Four more people joined the story during today's writing, still a few more for a whole set and then the game can begin!

ooh, we're uppdating our character lists? I got a few people who joined/rejoined the cast today!

Wormon: A digimon who joined the army. Can make a really strong silklike web they use to keep constructions together.
Ballistamon: Another digimon in the army. Very heavy and embarresed about it eventhough it's because he's made out of metal.
Silphymon: Oh look, another army-recruit. She spends her days teaching and training the younger digimons.
Gladimon: The Digimon Max trusts the most to keep information. Current whereabouts: Unknows.
Gotsumon: Owns a restaurant together with Patamon. Enjoys cooking food but enjoys talking to the customers even more.
Patamon: Owns a restaurant together with Gotsumon. Spends most of his time in the kitchen, but sometimes stop by the dojo where Silphymon trains digimons.
Candlemon: My most frustrating character, can only speak japanese. He does understands Swedish and Universalian (English), he just can't speak it. A good friend of Gladimon, and is the one who keeps track of all the things that happens in Hountai, together with Andromon.
Goblimon: Another recruit. We met a lot of them today! He's currently stationed as a guard and takes his work very seriously.
Andromon: Head of constructions. Helps Candlemon keep track of what's going on in the city.
Angemon: Pretty much a wild card. No one knows what to expect from him. Hates the humans and tries hard to convince them to go back to their own world. Strongly believes he can save the world on his own.
Centaurmon: Keeps track of all information. He tries his best to help Zara figure out strategies for the war that's about to come.
Mindhunter(???): Was killed by Mats in the previous adventure. Is apparently back for vengance? Our heroes have yet to find out.

Also Chris have finally made an apperance!

My cast is pretty big, and it's getting bigger for every day!

If the 50k is too much for you, you can always rebel and decide on your own goal, there are a lot of people who do that and use the NaNo-spirit just to get a push into writing. And as Mélusine said, there's NaNo Camps in April and July if you want an easier challenge! (or harder, since you can set the Word Goal to 100k if you want too)
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #799 on: November 03, 2015, 07:12:07 PM »
If the 50k is too much for you, you can always rebel and decide on your own goal, there are a lot of people who do that and use the NaNo-spirit just to get a push into writing. And as Mélusine said, there's NaNo Camps in April and July if you want an easier challenge! (or harder, since you can set the Word Goal to 100k if you want too)

Yeah, this! This this this! Vi, maybe you could take the short road like me and do a 100-word per day goal. : D Or... you could NaNo your papers... though that doesn't sound like quite as much fun.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #800 on: November 03, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
*Looks at her four characters in the same place at this point of the novel* Indeed...

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #801 on: November 03, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »

Wow. Last time I did a NaNo I had two main characters, one villan, and a few random side characters.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #802 on: November 03, 2015, 07:32:18 PM »
*Counts* I'll have 18 characters... oh, sorry you, 19 characters owning a name. Maybe 20 if someone decide to show herself. But some of them won't be as much involved as the others. (Like, two coming back in the last chapter, for example.)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #803 on: November 03, 2015, 08:10:48 PM »
Hmm, character count... *looks at convenient reference file called "Villager names"* I appear to have 25 named characters and at least 4 who are more like entities so they don't have names so much as titles (The Urchin Queen, The Wailing Lady, etc.) Of course, a bunch of the named characters are sort of in the background - people the protagonists meet in the bakery or sailors who are mentioned once. And one of my protagonists has eight first cousins who show up on occasion, so that upped the count considerably.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #804 on: November 03, 2015, 08:41:37 PM »
Today on NaNo adventure; Gilbert why did you do that? Now I have to scrap three plot points. three! Bad, now sit in the corner an think about what you've done. . .

In other news I'm now pantsing my way through until I fix what broke. -_- well at least Lalli is being kinda helpful.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #805 on: November 03, 2015, 09:36:17 PM »
Things I should be doing now: getting my measly word-count up to 5000 words.

Things I am not doing now: getting my measly word-count up to 5000 words.

Aaand I guess this is an attempt to get myself to start writing. We'll see how far I can actually make it.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #806 on: November 03, 2015, 11:19:55 PM »
I managed to write triple my minimum for today! (It's 300 words, not that impressive -- still!) ... But not on any of the exchange fics that I'm supposed to be writing on! Instead it was crackpair nonsense. Oh well.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #807 on: November 04, 2015, 04:36:39 AM »
Of course, a bunch of the named characters are sort of in the background - people the protagonists meet in the bakery or sailors who are mentioned once. And one of my protagonists has eight first cousins who show up on occasion, so that upped the count considerably.
This. If I have to count how many characters are acting the more, I'll lost easily half of mine.

Today on NaNo adventure; Gilbert why did you do that?
Characters... ::)

Aaand I guess this is an attempt to get myself to start writing. We'll see how far I can actually make it.
You're not so far ! Good luck !

I managed to write triple my minimum for today! (It's 300 words, not that impressive -- still!)
It's triple your minimum, yay ! :D

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #808 on: November 04, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
Welp the cast is now together!

Chris: wanted to travel to Akureyri by bike so what on earth is he doing in the Westfjords? Accidentally insulting people, that's what.
Stats: alive and mortified.

Harry: says he's also traveling in Iceland. Second best pokerface of the story.
Stats: alive, annoyed.

Pyry: likes to "follow fate" and considers getting lost a part of said fate, the first character of the story who doesn't mind the weather being awful at all.
Stats: alive and content.

The whole cast has now entered the building and is reacting to its weird wish-fulfilling capability differently (Anne and Timo are gleefully helping themselves to anything they find, Leah barricades herself in a room, Inge has found dry socks and doesn't ask for more, Hugrún and Agata are going happily crazy, Guðrún would still rather be in the car, Jonathan is angrily confused and Elena finds the whole situation hilarious) so it's time to make all of the doors leading outside disappear and ring the bell - the game begins.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

« Reply #809 on: November 04, 2015, 06:06:28 PM »
Welp the cast is now together!

Chris: wanted to travel to Akureyri by bike so what on earth is he doing in the Westfjords? Accidentally insulting people, that's what.
Stats: alive and mortified.

Harry: says he's also traveling in Iceland. Second best pokerface of the story.
Stats: alive, annoyed.

Pyry: likes to "follow fate" and considers getting lost a part of said fate, the first character of the story who doesn't mind the weather being awful at all.
Stats: alive and content.

The whole cast has now entered the building and is reacting to its weird wish-fulfilling capability differently (Anne and Timo are gleefully helping themselves to anything they find, Leah barricades herself in a room, Inge has found dry socks and doesn't ask for more, Hugrún and Agata are going happily crazy, Guðrún would still rather be in the car, Jonathan is angrily confused and Elena finds the whole situation hilarious) so it's time to make all of the doors leading outside disappear and ring the bell - the game begins.

"(...) so it's time to make all of the doors leading outside disappear"

Yeah, I'm so confident right now...

Conversation of the day about the NaNo, with the same friend, beginning her.
Me : Now I have one character grumpy, an other who don't really pay attention, an other who's worried. And the last, who nearly doesn't speak.
She : And I have read the end of your first book, I see plenty things which could go wrong. And you always have silent characters.
Me : Haha. Imagine worst this time...