Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141102 times)

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #765 on: November 01, 2015, 04:48:15 PM »
I think I might be the literal definition of "Pantster", but I just barely decided to give NaNo a whirl. Let's see how terribly this turns out!
Actually, though, I do in fact have a story idea that's been bouncing around since, like, age 8, so there's some idea of what's going to go down?
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #766 on: November 01, 2015, 04:55:28 PM »
* Feartheviolas sticks her head in

Good luck everyone doing NaNo this year! I hope everything goes well!

I did NaNo a few years ago. I wonder if my old account still exists....
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #767 on: November 01, 2015, 04:56:13 PM »
I only just now realized that since most of the stuff I'll be writing for this is handwritten, I'm going to have to do ballpark estimates for most of the wordcounts, because I'm certainly not going to spend the time to type it up until the drafts are finished. o_0 Sigh.

(I mean, I do have a general idea of how much I get out of one sheet of looseleaf, but that's not the point.)

* Yuuago continues doing everything wrong ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #768 on: November 01, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »
Thank Vi !
(I'm sure your account is still existing somewhere...)

*Shakes her head* Tsss... ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #769 on: November 01, 2015, 05:08:09 PM »
* Feartheviolas sticks her head in

I did NaNo a few years ago. I wonder if my old account still exists....

Go check, and while you're there, join us! <3

Yes, write the story about "All the things Yuuago does wrong (and how it somehow ends up right anyway)" :D
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #770 on: November 01, 2015, 05:45:45 PM »
Thank Vi !
(I'm sure your account is still existing somewhere...)
Go check, and while you're there, join us! <3

Ahahahahahaha I found it.... I made it 5 years ago.

I'm thinking I will just delete this and start a new account. It's under an old username that no longer holds any relevance to me sooooo.... (actually I have two old accounts, one unused one from middle school and this one from high school)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 12:42:23 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #771 on: November 01, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »
Didn't really have time to write today....trying to see if I can at least make 1000.

does anyone know a good writing tool that would save my files online (in case I change devices)? I'm using google drive but it's less than perfect u.u

Hm. Draft has more of a focus on collaboration/online editing, but that doesn't really matter if you're working solo and I guess you could use it as document storage.

Evernote or Simplenote could also work, but I'm not sure how Evernote handles long text files.

Dropbox is also an option if you're just looking to store things, I guess.

Also, Yarny looks really, really interesting (I have spent so long looking for a way to organize my character/place notes in a way that actually let me export files/ have a decent interface).

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
  • Preferred pronouns: He, Him, His.
« Reply #772 on: November 01, 2015, 10:36:40 PM »
I completely forgot about this.
I was already dubious about doing it in the middle of college apps, and am too late now.
I will cheer form the sidelines though!
...Next year I swear.
Call me OMO, the wise ones do.

Mélusine

« Reply #773 on: November 02, 2015, 06:12:57 AM »
I completely forgot about this.
I was already dubious about doing it in the middle of college apps, and am too late now.
I will cheer form the sidelines though!
...Next year I swear.
You're not too late ! :) It would just means you would have to write a little more during a few days, it's still possible !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Terallodaktus

• what can I say, I'm deadly in the court room.
« Reply #774 on: November 02, 2015, 07:06:14 AM »
I have just started for the first time, and I'm utterly terrified.
Curiosity is the most powerful driving force in the universe, because it can overcome the two biggest braking forces in the universe: reason and fear.

Mélusine

« Reply #775 on: November 02, 2015, 07:07:25 AM »
I have just started for the first time, and I'm utterly terrified.
Why terrified ?

Terallodaktus

• what can I say, I'm deadly in the court room.
« Reply #776 on: November 02, 2015, 07:11:13 AM »
Why terrified ?

I'm terrible at sticking around and finishing what I tell myself I can do. Usually I chicken out and do not start at all, but now I've gone and done it. It feels like there's no going back. I've started, so I must keep going until the end.
Which is exciting, but also a completely new to me.
Curiosity is the most powerful driving force in the universe, because it can overcome the two biggest braking forces in the universe: reason and fear.

Mélusine

« Reply #777 on: November 02, 2015, 07:17:27 AM »
I'm terrible at sticking around and finishing what I tell myself I can do. Usually I chicken out and do not start at all, but now I've gone and done it. It feels like there's no going back. I've started, so I must keep going until the end.
I made my first NaNo last year, and it was indeed... something completely strange the first days :) But it's a good adventure ! I was absolutely sure I wasn't able to write like that, with a rhythm, and doing it only in order to say to the friend who was always telling me to try "See ? It's not for me, I have tried but I don't like it." I was so wrong ::)
Imagine how proud you'll be at the end of the month ! :D I would be like two victories, the NaNo and what you was thinking you couldn't do ;) Good luck !
And, if you want company, you can find a lot of us, other writers, on the NaNo page.

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #778 on: November 02, 2015, 08:08:54 AM »
Realized that if I do my writing immediately after I wake up, at like 5 in the  morning, I'm too exhausted to second-guess what I'm writing down. This might be a good thing. Or maybe a bad thing. It's too early to tell.

Personal goal (100 per day) already reached for the time being. Whoo.

Good luck! : D Committing is hard, but it's rewarding if you can manage to do it. And even if you don't complete, at least you did something.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #779 on: November 02, 2015, 08:15:11 AM »
Congratulations Yuu :D You seems to be in a good writing mood if you're productive so early in the morning ! It's not an hour to leave your bed...

And even if you don't complete, at least you did something.
I couldn't say it better.