Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141093 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #735 on: October 30, 2015, 08:53:17 PM »
Well, my first NaNoWriMo ever... And I'm out of ideas!!
I had one story that I thought I could write, but I decided it would look so much better in webcomic format, and now I'm left with no inspiration whatsoever... D:
I might as well write whatever comes to my mind when I open the new document...

Good luck to all of us!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #736 on: October 30, 2015, 09:47:13 PM »
Well, my first NaNoWriMo ever... And I'm out of ideas!!
I had one story that I thought I could write, but I decided it would look so much better in webcomic format, and now I'm left with no inspiration whatsoever... D:
I might as well write whatever comes to my mind when I open the new document...

Good luck to all of us!

You could try scripting the webcomic? And there's a bunch of us just doing worldbuilding-type writing, so that might also be something useful for comics-to-be (that is the projected future of 99% of my projects, anyway...).

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #737 on: October 30, 2015, 09:52:09 PM »
You could try scripting the webcomic? And there's a bunch of us just doing worldbuilding-type writing, so that might also be something useful for comics-to-be (that is the projected future of 99% of my projects, anyway...).

I thought about doing something like this... It's just that my perfeccionism insists that I must write a COMPLETE novel with a perfect story and nothing less.

But I think I'll need to kick my perfeccionism aside and just go with it. Maybe I'll do some worldbuilding too, I really like the idea. :D
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #738 on: October 30, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »
I thought about doing something like this... It's just that my perfeccionism insists that I must write a COMPLETE novel with a perfect story and nothing less.

But I think I'll need to kick my perfeccionism aside and just go with it. Maybe I'll do some worldbuilding too, I really like the idea. :D

For NaNo, you absolutely do have to let go of perfection. If you're writing that much in one month, it won't happen unless you can let go and just write as much as you can. (And Worldbuilding, woo! I love it!)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #739 on: October 31, 2015, 06:59:26 AM »
It's just that my perfeccionism insists that I must write a COMPLETE novel with a perfect story and nothing less.
During the NaNo, you can't :) Or you're really, really brilliant. Just write ! You'll have a lot of time to make the story perfect after, you'll have the story written ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #740 on: October 31, 2015, 01:46:27 PM »
I am not yet ready! Since I'm going to continue the story I wrote during last NaNo I have to read through it before I can begin. 145 pages!

...why didn't I start earlier? ;_;
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mélusine

« Reply #741 on: October 31, 2015, 01:57:45 PM »
I am not yet ready! Since I'm going to continue the story I wrote during last NaNo I have to read through it before I can begin. 145 pages!

...why didn't I start earlier? ;_;
Could you just read the last pages/chapters, just to remember where you stopped, in order to begin ?
(I would blame procrastination *Had begun to write her plan properly because in small handwriting in a small notebook it wasn't the best. Two days ago. Hadn't finished despite it's so simple to do it...*)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #742 on: October 31, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »
Soon soon soon... Are all of you ready ? :)

Oh gosh, I'm so not ready! I keep thinking there is another week in October but there isn't.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

P__

« Reply #743 on: October 31, 2015, 06:06:33 PM »
*Had begun to write her plan properly because in small handwriting in a small notebook it wasn't the best. Two days ago.)
smaller handwriting in a larger notebook is so much better, I can testify ;) (it was also *even neater* which serves to make things easier to read)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mélusine

« Reply #744 on: October 31, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
smaller handwriting in a larger notebook is so much better, I can testify ;) (it was also *even neater* which serves to make things easier to read)
*Tries to look perfectly innocent*
Small handwriting has an advantage : people can't read behind my shoulder ^^ But I'm in the moment I think "Wait, this scene, had I wrote it on my notebook, or not ? And if yes, in which chapter will it go ?" (Procrastination, I hate you.)

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #745 on: October 31, 2015, 06:25:09 PM »
Could you just read the last pages/chapters, just to remember where you stopped, in order to begin ?
(I would blame procrastination *Had begun to write her plan properly because in small handwriting in a small notebook it wasn't the best. Two days ago. Hadn't finished despite it's so simple to do it...*)

noooo, just reading the last pages wouldn't been enough!
...okay, it probably would, but my writing is so awesome that I wanted to read all of it! Also it was a good reminder of what part I had already written and what parts still needs to be written. I also found a lot of places where I can add more words if I get stuck so cheers!

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #746 on: November 01, 2015, 12:54:08 AM »
I'm not ready.  I have a main character, and everything else is going to have to come from listening to the Halo soundtrack.  My worldbuilding project is now my back-up plan if I get really stuck.  Still 2 hours before I can write!
Good luck everyone, write happily!
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #747 on: November 01, 2015, 01:25:55 AM »
I'm not ready.  I have a main character, and everything else is going to have to come from listening to the Halo soundtrack.  My worldbuilding project is now my back-up plan if I get really stuck.  Still 2 hours before I can write!
Good luck everyone, write happily!

You can do it! I believe in you!

For me I've done thirty minutes of writing and have almost archived 600 words. Not bad for a not as inspired day for writting. Now I think I'm going to sleep now.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #748 on: November 01, 2015, 08:19:08 AM »
I was trying to focus on writing but then I ended up in the chat and got distracted! Oh well, there are a couple hours left today, I will reach the wordgoal!

If anyone wants wordwars or just whining about their stories I am hanging out in our Minnion writing chat and will stay there for a the rest of the day (with a short break for a walk). The original chat also works, but I figured maybe we shouldn't clog that up too much with our storytalk :P

P__

« Reply #749 on: November 01, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »
does anyone know a good writing tool that would save my files online (in case I change devices)? I'm using google drive but it's less than perfect u.u
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: