Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141069 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2014, 05:57:48 PM »
We don't know Nimphy, we just don't know.

Also, I'm in trouble. I'm in the perfect place for a scene break, but the scene isn't over yet! I can't have the line "that's when the screaming began" in the middle of a scene!

That's a perfect point to break a scene, but if you don't want to you can:

A) Cheat and rearrange the scene or cut it in two.
B) Just have a stand alone line between paragraphs (my brain is too tired to think straightly and remember the name), and not interrupt the scene at all. Then find a more effective sentence to close the scene.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #211 on: November 05, 2014, 05:59:05 PM »
That's a perfect point to break a scene, but if you don't want to you can:

A) Cheat and rearrange the scene or cut it in two.
B) Just have a stand alone line between paragraphs (my brain is too tired to think straightly and remember the name), and not interrupt the scene at all. Then find a more effective sentence to close the scene.

I figured it out. I'll just end the chapter.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2014, 07:59:35 PM »
Urrrrg... I want to write but I don't have time! Why do Tuesdays and Wednesdays have to be so busy? I'm going to have to play major catch-up tomorrow!

And it's great that you guys have such amassing writing muses at the moment! It seems that mine has gotten buried under a pile of homework. I had only about 25 minutes to write something yesterday and could only get out 104 words.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2014, 09:40:21 PM »
I figured it out. I'll just end the chapter.

Dun dun dun duuhh~

Urrrrg... I want to write but I don't have time! Why do Tuesdays and Wednesdays have to be so busy? I'm going to have to play major catch-up tomorrow!

And it's great that you guys have such amassing writing muses at the moment! It seems that mine has gotten buried under a pile of homework. I had only about 25 minutes to write something yesterday and could only get out 104 words.

I feel your pain :(. Somehow my week has gotten ridiculously busy... I'm trying to get to at least 5000 words and not doing so great on that.

Fenris

« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2014, 01:00:21 AM »
Ugh, okay today I should get to writing for a few hours. I'm only 8330 words behind!

At least I got the basic plot etched out (although, I still haven't decided on the gender for the protagonist), and the basic world-building done.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2014, 08:12:49 AM »
So, I need to write a whole bunch for NaNo today....too bad I have an important paper that's only half the length it needs to be by tonight. 0.O

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2014, 08:38:08 AM »
No writing today. Though it's kind of adicting. But I promised I would quit writing for one day and use the spare time on the household.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
I'm terribly sorry for all you people who lack inspiration - I promise that one day will come when the "muse" whispers something to your ear. As most muses are not really nice and helpful, they'll leave afterwards, but you'll be inspired. And in the meanwhile, do what my muse told me to do: introduce a new character. A side character or a main one, doesn't matter. One that you'll have fun writing.
She also told me to set stuff on fire. I listened to her, but don't try this at home, kids.

On another subject. I'm embarking on a language barrier mission, yahoo! Wish me luck! 

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2014, 03:57:36 PM »
I'm terribly sorry for all you people who lack inspiration - I promise that one day will come when the "muse" whispers something to your ear. As most muses are not really nice and helpful, they'll leave afterwards, but you'll be inspired. And in the meanwhile, do what my muse told me to do: introduce a new character. A side character or a main one, doesn't matter. One that you'll have fun writing.
She also told me to set stuff on fire. I listened to her, but don't try this at home, kids.

On another subject. I'm embarking on a language barrier mission, yahoo! Wish me luck!

(Don't set anything important on fire please. Important things like children and plot points.)

Heh, my favourite MC is on the quest to be a translator. She turns out to be a bit more than that, but that was my excuse for bringing her along.

Do you ever get that thing where one of your side characters just grows on you? I think one of mine is turning into an MC in her own right, and I didn't even have plans for her to exist as anything more than someone to make dialogue with. I even changed her from male to female on a whim. She's a big part of the plot now!
 Mostly quiet.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
Do you ever get that thing where one of your side characters just grows on you? I think one of mine is turning into an MC in her own right, and I didn't even have plans for her to exist as anything more than someone to make dialogue with. I even changed her from male to female on a whim. She's a big part of the plot now!

Well, my characters tend to be lonely ones, so this hasn't happened too much. Though there's this shopkeeper-guy who I feel has a more important role in the events of the story...so far he's only been in one scene, but that might change...

Also, I need to get back to writing. I've only gotten 14% of my personal goal for today done...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:20:43 PM by mithrysc »

Nimphy

« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »
Word goal reached today, too! These "Just 100 more - and repeat 10 times" things are working! Tehehehe...

@mithrysc: We all believe in you, Mith! You can do it, write like crazy and remember that sleep is secondary and apparently coffee drives adults through crazy feats!

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »
Word goal reached today, too! These "Just 100 more - and repeat 10 times" things are working! Tehehehe...

@mithrysc: We all believe in you, Mith! You can do it, write like crazy and remember that sleep is secondary and apparently coffee drives adults through crazy feats!

Good job! I'm still missing about 1000 words on my goal for the day. There'll be a lot of writing over the weekend I think.
 Mostly quiet.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »
Language barriers will also occur tomorrow, I think. And forgot about the Lamas, somehow a panther just got into the story (action sequence! yay!  :P ). And just like Minna tends to make her characters slip and fall into the water, I tend to make them loose consciousness or fall asleep (best way to end a chapter...)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2014, 05:47:47 PM »
muahahaaha

Quote from: some words from my writing
...trying to stay silent. Standing still at the center...

EDIT: And yessss. Finally reached 5000 words. Only 5000 6000ish words left to go to play catch up. For today only, of course. :(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:24:53 PM by mithrysc »

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #224 on: November 07, 2014, 12:27:27 AM »
Well, just gave a character one of my best friend's iconic shirts...