Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141105 times)

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #660 on: September 14, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »
Checking the playlist for writing : a good beginning. Next time, checking what should be into the different chapters. And the plan. Of course. Ahem.

I'm curious, will you all make a plan before starting this NaNo or not ? :) I assume it may be more difficult to do it without one because we only have one month ? Hello, I hate making plan before writing but trying to do it last year was a potential cause of good results.

I always plan before NaNo, and it shows. So I'd say planning is a good thing, even though it's hard to do.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #661 on: September 14, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
I'm curious, will you all make a plan before starting this NaNo or not ? :) I assume it may be more difficult to do it without one because we only have one month ? Hello, I hate making plan before writing but trying to do it last year was a potential cause of good results.

When I write, I usually like to have a very good feel for the characters, if nothing else. I've tried to write out plots in advance, but it usually only ends up lasting me 10,000 words or so. But with good characters I can fly by the seat of my pants and make up stuff pretty well, I think. I don't know, that's just me ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #662 on: September 14, 2015, 03:40:16 PM »
Eep!  NaNo is coming and I have no idea what story I want to write!  I was thinking of trying a mystery, but I'm not sure if the characters feel alive enough to make it work.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #663 on: September 15, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »
Eep!  NaNo is coming and I have no idea what story I want to write!  I was thinking of trying a mystery, but I'm not sure if the characters feel alive enough to make it work.
You still have a month and half to take a decision, all is all right if you have too many possibilities :)

I don't know, that's just me ;D
No, I understand ^^
- And after ?
- I don't know yet, the characters will tell me.

I went to my NaNo page, nothing is possible for now. But I'll add you if you want :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #664 on: September 15, 2015, 04:10:17 PM »
Ooh, yes, anyone here who wants to add me as a buddy is more than welcome! My username is the same as it is here: Ana Nymus. Just let me know who you are here so I know who I'm talking to ;D
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

« Reply #665 on: September 15, 2015, 04:18:26 PM »
Nearly the same for me, Mélusine Gwenhwyfar, with my first avatar here :)
Please don't pay attention to... errr... what happened last year. I have a good explication for that.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
« Reply #666 on: September 15, 2015, 04:29:03 PM »
Ooh, yes, anyone here who wants to add me as a buddy is more than welcome! My username is the same as it is here: Ana Nymus. Just let me know who you are here so I know who I'm talking to ;D
Nearly the same for me, Mélusine Gwenhwyfar, with my first avatar here :)
Please don't pay attention to... errr... what happened last year. I have a good explication for that.
I added both of you! My username there is Bookwormbeth6 if anyone wants to add me. :)

I'm so excited for NaNoWriMo this year! Except that I have no characters. And I have some important things that I haven't figured out yet. *scurries off to conspire plan*
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #667 on: September 15, 2015, 04:43:33 PM »
I keep being like "I don't knooww"... This will be taking place during a big fic exchange I want to participate in, is it possible that I will be able to handle both at once?!

(No)
(That would be a terrible idea)

But maybe it wouldn't hurt to try anyway. :Va
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #668 on: September 15, 2015, 04:46:49 PM »
I keep being like "I don't knooww"... This will be taking place during a big fic exchange I want to participate in, is it possible that I will be able to handle both at once?!

(No)
(That would be a terrible idea)

But maybe it wouldn't hurt to try anyway. :Va
And if you write your fic for your NaNo ? (Let me guess : not enough pages for the fic regarding to the Nano's rules ?)

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #669 on: September 15, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »
And if you write your fic for your NaNo ? (Let me guess : not enough pages for the fic regarding to the Nano's rules ?)

Well, it's for an event that finishes in December, and the minimum wordcount is 1000 words. So, it doesn't match up very well, no.
But maybe I could do both... *_*
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #670 on: September 16, 2015, 05:30:50 PM »
My username is also Jethan over there, and for some reason I have no avatar.  And I'm trying to figure out if I should write a story idea I have now because it might be short, or if I should just wait for NaNo to do it...
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Mélusine

« Reply #671 on: September 16, 2015, 06:06:33 PM »
I still have to do this plan... but it's okay, I have time. Isn't it ?

You've been added ! :D It will be fun to do it with all of you :)

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #672 on: September 16, 2015, 06:55:51 PM »
I have added all of you! ;D Now I just need a story idea...

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #673 on: September 20, 2015, 03:57:23 PM »
Yaaaaay! Nanowrimo is coming up! Whenever people ask me why I'm excited for fall (the holidays? the food? the changing leaves?) I always have a dilemma, because NaNoWriMo is my favorite part, and nobody knows what it is. XD

Anyways, I don't actually know what I'm doing this year. I usually write scripts and the past two years have been awful and... yeah, I don't know what I'm doing yet.

(And my username is "the grand duck". Add me. I'm adding all of you.)
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Mélusine

« Reply #674 on: September 20, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »
*Both impatient and a little afraid, but will do it again* :)