Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141105 times)

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2014, 10:20:15 AM »
Well, signed up, but highly doubt I'll be able to finish a novel by the end of the month although I do have some ideas. Personally, I rarely find naming difficult, but I do tend to try to avoid using the names of anyone I know (I then tend to end up having some difficulty separating the character from said person).

Yayyy! Would you be so kind as to reveal us you NaNo name so we may add you as our writing buddy? (Come to think of it, I think you're the only guy in this community doing NaNo, am I wrong?)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fenris

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2014, 10:44:01 AM »
What name do you use there? "Fenris" is hardly easy to find.
Yayyy! Would you be so kind as to reveal us you NaNo name so we may add you as our writing buddy? (Come to think of it, I think you're the only guy in this community doing NaNo, am I wrong?)
Eventin, and I have no idea. I wouldn't think I'd be the only bloke, though.

Nimphy

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2014, 11:20:17 AM »
Eventin, and I have no idea. I wouldn't think I'd be the only bloke, though.

I've checked through most of the 29 pages of results for "Eventin", and I'm pretty sure I can't find you.

Also, oh noes, NaNo begins in less than two days and I have yet to decide which story idea I'll work on... You know what,  I think I'll do the new one. Or the old one. No, the new one. No...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:24:12 AM by Nimphy »

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
You could roll a dice to make the decision.  ;)
I think I added the right Eventin, at least his/her location was shown as Norway.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2014, 12:41:11 PM »
You could roll a dice to make the decision.  ;)

I usually flip a coin when I have an important story-related decision to make. Like, literally, I once decided which main character I would kill off via coin-flip.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
I usually flip a coin when I have an important story-related decision to make. Like, literally, I once decided which main character I would kill off via coin-flip.

Some time, I want to write a story where all character's genders, races and sexual preferences are decided by dice roll.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Fenris

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2014, 01:54:16 PM »
I've checked through most of the 29 pages of results for "Eventin", and I'm pretty sure I can't find you.

Also, oh noes, NaNo begins in less than two days and I have yet to decide which story idea I'll work on... You know what,  I think I'll do the new one. Or the old one. No, the new one. No...
It is this one: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/eventin

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2014, 12:39:13 PM »
One more day...

I should really do some more planning.

Nimphy

« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
Tomorrow... Tomorrow... Tomorrow... In just a measly six hours NaNo will begin and I've barely made the decision. Yayy! Can't wait - and luckily Italy celebrates the "All Saints day" tomorrow -- or was it the Day of the Dead? In the south the dead apparently give candy to the kids... Kind of creepy, but nice, still, no school, so I can write all day long!!

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2014, 01:13:44 PM »
Tomorrow... Tomorrow... Tomorrow... In just a measly six hours NaNo will begin and I've barely made the decision. Yayy! Can't wait - and luckily Italy celebrates the "All Saints day" tomorrow -- or was it the Day of the Dead? In the south the dead apparently give candy to the kids... Kind of creepy, but nice, still, no school, so I can write all day long!!

I can not write all day long, as I have important things to do like laundry and food.
 Mostly quiet.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2014, 01:26:57 PM »

Wait...you have school on Saturdays? /US ignorance

But so far, I think I'll have tomorrow mostly free. Well, half of it, anyway.

Nimphy

« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2014, 01:35:38 PM »
Wait...you have school on Saturdays? /US ignorance

But so far, I think I'll have tomorrow mostly free. Well, half of it, anyway.

Yes. It's very very annoying, especially since a lot of us spend Sunday studying, too. I love how the teachers go "This is a lot of homework, but you have all the weekend to do it!". But the good side is that we only get five hours of school a day.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2014, 04:41:55 PM »
I'd really like to start off tomorrow with half the day to write or more, but I'll be sitting in a car most of the time and the other time I'm invited to a birthday party where I can't really sit in a corner and write  ;)
Maybe I'll try writing on the tablet, but it's no fun...
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2014, 04:42:33 PM »
I spent part of the day drawing a cover for my novel-thing. I should probably have been plotting instead, but this was what I chose.
 Mostly quiet.

Nimphy

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »
I spent part of the day drawing a cover for my novel-thing. I should probably have been plotting instead, but this was what I chose.

I tried to do the same, and pathetically failed. Means I'll just wait until Christmas and ask you for a present  :P