Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141123 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1020 on: October 17, 2016, 07:23:59 AM »
Keeper, the word goal for NaNoWriMo is always at 50,000 words, but you can rebel and set a goal yourself (you can't edit the goal on the website though). There are lots of people who use NaNo for trying to get into the habit of writing daily, not aiming for a certain wordgoal, some people know that 50k is too much and set the goal at 10k for themselves, and so on.

Also if you rebel you can work on how many stories you want to, you can continue on work you started before and well, all the doors are open. The official rule is that you have to start something completely new (although you can still have characters and a general outline done, but no actuall writing for the story).

Rebelling doesn't actually mean something for the site, it can't keep track at what you're doing and stuff, and most NaNoers doesn't look down on people for rebelling (why should they since we're all joined together by our love of writing?). Most people won't even know you're rebelling unless you go into the forum and state that you will :P

Haha, I guess everyone can figure out that I will be rebelling this year? :P I'm going to work on all the stories I still haven't finished, hopefully get done with some of the challenges I have started!

If people will be needing wordsprints and stuff during November I'll be hiding out in the blanket fort whenever I'm at home and available for writing!

also as for editing/rewriting... I sometimes do that when I suddenly realize there's a better way to write what I've already written, but I always leave the old thing inside [ ]. Helps keep the wordcount going! And also when I look through it when NaNo is over maybe I decide that the first draft was actually the better one and then it's good if it's still there :P
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1021 on: October 17, 2016, 07:27:43 AM »
My contacts don't seem very enthusiasts for this NaNo. Only two of them are announcing a novel...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1022 on: October 17, 2016, 07:38:35 AM »
Oh, hey Mel, I don't think I have added you to my NaNobuddies!

I think I found you! wooo, one more buddy to my buddylist!

Now I have 2 buddies who has announced a novel \o/

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mélusine

« Reply #1023 on: October 17, 2016, 07:42:38 AM »
Oh, hey Mel, I don't think I have added you to my NaNobuddies!

I think I found you! wooo, one more buddy to my buddylist!

Now I have 2 buddies who has announced a novel \o/
Yay ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1024 on: October 17, 2016, 07:44:11 AM »
Windy isn't the only one rebelling. ;p I do it on the regular.

Let's finish ALL the things!

...Oh yes, I suppose I should announce a novel too, eh? u3u /goes to do that
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1025 on: October 17, 2016, 07:50:48 AM »
I need to finish story 20 of the 100 SSSS-fic challenge, but I have no idea where that is heading and it seems like it wants to turn into a whole book so I just *flops* But yes, let's finish stuff!

Oh, hey, if anyone wanna add me who hasn't done it, I'm Windfighter over there as well :D

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1026 on: October 17, 2016, 12:07:54 PM »
Unfortunately I'm going to be right in the middle of an international move. :( Have fun everyone!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1027 on: October 17, 2016, 05:19:38 PM »
I haven't decided if I'll do Nanowrimo or not, it depends on how my current comic idea goes, I guess.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #1028 on: October 18, 2016, 06:06:09 PM »
I'm writing something this year for Nano, so if you want to cry with me you should buddy me- I'm amaranthinereturns. :^)
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Mélusine

« Reply #1029 on: October 18, 2016, 06:09:38 PM »
I'm writing something this year for Nano, so if you want to cry with me you should buddy me- I'm amaranthinereturns. :^)
I can't find you (yet ?) but you can add me if you want : the more we are, the more it's helping to continue writing :)

Valerre

• pronounced Va-lair
« Reply #1030 on: October 19, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »
I'm Valerre on the site as well. :) I'll likely just be working on my poetry collection rather than a novel so it's unlikely that I'll reach the official word goal. But really I'm just doing it for the daily writing exercise, so I might do short stories as well, but we'll see!
Native::usa:
Fluentish: :spain:
Learning: :vaticancity: :japan: Hawaiian
On my bucket list: :portugal:

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1031 on: October 20, 2016, 04:08:16 PM »
I am IronHearts on the site, and I'll be delighted to be writing buddies with everyone! :D

As for my project: I'll be working some more on the novel that I began earlier this year. :) I might also take breaks in between for fanfiction, but we'll see how that goes! :reynir:
♫ ♪ Sharing secrets with another world
Rubbing shoulders with some unknown lovers
♪ ♫
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
AO3 (Mageverse) | Twitter | Tumblr
Fluent: :usa:
Various degrees of fluency: :arableague: :mexico: :japan: :italy:
Now acquiring: :germany:
Wishlist: :iceland::finland:
O

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1032 on: October 20, 2016, 06:29:17 PM »
LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LEFT PEOPLE! ARE YOU PANICKING YET?!

I don't really feel ready, but I'm not really in panic mode. I miiiight just be a bit too busy with Inktober to be panicking already but I hope it's because I'm confident enough about my NaNo-plan xD

Mélusine

« Reply #1033 on: October 20, 2016, 06:33:12 PM »
LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LEFT PEOPLE! ARE YOU PANICKING YET?!
I'm more "I don't have enough titles in my playlist for the NaNo." than "Haaaaaaa, I know less where I'm going this year !" ::) Maybe I should try to finish to prepare this project... Come one, explications, be kind, I need some of you !

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #1034 on: October 21, 2016, 05:02:47 AM »
I just saw this thread pop up in the unread topics and realize I'd like to try my hand at writing.

I haven't done creative writing since I was a kid. I think I'm pretty good at expressing ideas clearly, like in comments and such, and I write in a personal journal on and off, especially when something's bothering me. So I'm familiar enough with writing, and I read quite a bit. But I no longer know how to come up with creative ideas that I believe in. It feels like all the cool stories have already been told and I just don't know what would hold my attention enough to write it, polish it, and share it with others (and also what would hold THEIR attention enough to read it, of course). I don't want to create a masterpiece, I just want to write something worthwhile for me and others. Short of fanfiction (which always is appreciated for obvious reasons), how do you writer types come up with ideas and know which ones are good enough to develop?

Edit: I feel like an explanation is needed for why I'd like to write when I've got nothing to say. For the longest time, I just drew pictures and was happy with it. But for some reason this doesn't cut it anymore, I feel I need to try new forms of expression. I started playing D&D this year, and I'm looking into opportunities to try improv theater. Writing is also one of those things that look possibly interesting.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 05:08:29 AM by Sc0ut »